Republic Medics Suggestion

Ruin

Name:
104th RM SGT Finnley

Suggestion:
Some edits to how RM works maybe

Implementation:
Giving defibs when/if they return only to medics. Or buffing medkits in general, giving more healing to normal medkits as well as to RM medkits.

Lore:
We're medical experts that reside in medbay, we should have some more equipment on hand at all times compared to the batt medics.

Workshop content if applicable:
N/A

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change:
Change

Job:
Republic Medics

Model:
All RM models

Weapons:
Defibrillator ( less defibs would cause less lag maybe )
Better health kits

Other:
N/A

+1/-1 with reason, please. Give other suggestions too, maybe. Let's work together to make this server a more agreeable place.

Edited by Finnley
Just now, Finnley said:

@BigBurner If we already got all we need then why are we proposing all these suggestions?

Because you guys want to recover in numbers, but even before the defib or batt medic change, you guys lost activity. I feel RM can work but buffing them more won't fixed the issue there.

28 minutes ago, BigBurner said:

Because you guys want to recover in numbers, but even before the defib or batt medic change, you guys lost activity. I feel RM can work but buffing them more won't fixed the issue there.

Honestly, I'm relatively new to the server so when I joined RM was slowly coming back alive. Regardless, I don't particularly want to recover in numbers, I want to stop feeling like the battalion I love and chose to join is just a useless addition. Sure we have the medical RP, but when it comes to combat situations and healing our brothers in combat it doesn't really feel very effective. Buffing the RMs, even if it's just a tiny little bit, could make a huge difference.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
2 minutes ago, Finnley said:

Honestly, I'm relatively new to the server so when I joined RM was slowly coming back alive. Regardless, I don't particularly want to recover in numbers, I want to stop feeling like the battalion I love and chose to join is just a useless addition. Sure we have the medical RP, but when it comes to combat situations and healing our brothers in combat it doesn't really feel very effective. Buffing the RMs, even if it's just a tiny little bit, could make a huge difference.

Rm doesn't need a buff because they already have buffed medkits.

• Disagree 1
6 minutes ago, BigBurner said:

Rm doesn't need a buff because they already have buffed medkits.

Buffed medkits that should actually be how much the normal medkits heal. Maybe making the batt medic's health kits heal for the amount RM's health kits do and then doubling that for RM's would solve the problem too. I don't know that, nobody does. What I'm trying to do is to figure out a way for us all to get along and for nobody to feel particularly left out or unappreciated. I joined RM because I wanted to heal everybody, not because I wanted to get into arguments over what and what we don't deserve.

Maybe instead of just replying with one sentence to what I say, put some effort into your replies and give me actual reasons as to why we don't deserve a buff.

Edited by Finnley
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
2 minutes ago, Finnley said:

Buffed medkits that should actually be how much the normal medkits heal. Maybe making the batt medic's health kits heal for the amount RM's health kits do and then doubling that for RM's would solve the problem too. I don't know that, nobody does. What I'm trying to do is to figure out a way for us all to get along and for nobody to feel particularly left out or unappreciated. I joined RM because I wanted to heal everybody, not because I wanted to get into arguments over what and what we don't deserve.

Maybe instead of just replying with one sentence to what I say, put some effort into your replies and give me actual reasons as to why we don't deserve a buff.

Well for starters this isn't in the right format. Also RM has buffed shit and batt medics aren't even here yet. Look like you said, you're new and uninformed about the situation. RM doesn't need a buff because they already got one. Sorry I hit you with the one-liners but you got to realize that RM is buffed and right now needs leadership and maturity to fix their problems, not some incentives that only look good on paper. RM is fine and should just stay where it is

• Disagree 1
Just now, BigBurner said:

Well for starters this isn't in the right format. Also RM has buffed shit and batt medics aren't even here yet. Look like you said, you're new and uninformed about the situation. RM doesn't need a buff because they already got one. Sorry I hit you with the one-liners but you got to realize that RM is buffed and right now needs leadership and maturity to fix their problems, not some incentives that only look good on paper. RM is fine and should just stay where it is

I changed the format, I didn't know it was necessary. Anyways. Leadership and maturity are needed, yes, but that won't get rid of the problem of RM feeling absolutely unnecessary. When batt medics do get here (some batts already have their own medics) that will only get worse, and our suggestions are a way for us to feel like we do make a difference and that we're not just here to heal when the batt medics we already have aren't there.

I did the evaluation sim on the server we had 4 times in a row. FOUR times in a row. Sure, when you heal people they say thanks and that's kind of enough for me but when we get to debrief and RM isn't even mentioned once, it kind of makes us feel a little but underappreciated. I'm used to it, I've been healing in every game I play that has healers, but that doesn't make it hurt any less. 

(Also you really don't need to -1 every post I make, for talking about maturity that's being hypocritical.)

1 minute ago, Medic said:

We removed defibs to increase server stability.

That I understand, I'm just throwing suggestions out the window here. Then again, giving defibs to just RM is a lot different than giving it to every medic on the server. Regardless, I'm not begging for defibs back, I'm asking for a way for all of us to get along.

5 minutes ago, Finnley said:

I changed the format, I didn't know it was necessary. Anyways. Leadership and maturity are needed, yes, but that won't get rid of the problem of RM feeling absolutely unnecessary. When batt medics do get here (some batts already have their own medics) that will only get worse, and our suggestions are a way for us to feel like we do make a difference and that we're not just here to heal when the batt medics we already have aren't there.

I did the evaluation sim on the server we had 4 times in a row. FOUR times in a row. Sure, when you heal people they say thanks and that's kind of enough for me but when we get to debrief and RM isn't even mentioned once, it kind of makes us feel a little but underappreciated. I'm used to it, I've been healing in every game I play that has healers, but that doesn't make it hurt any less. 

(Also you really don't need to -1 every post I make, for talking about maturity that's being hypocritical.)

I only -1 ones that make no sense and have key misinformation.

• Disagree 1
11 minutes ago, Finnley said:

That I understand, I'm just throwing suggestions out the window here. Then again, giving defibs to just RM is a lot different than giving it to every medic on the server. Regardless, I'm not begging for defibs back, I'm asking for a way for all of us to get along.

In reality. Get RM to be serious. I always see them minge and not take it seriously. Start there.

WAS MEDIC

Just now, Medic said:

In reality. Get RM to be serious. I always see them minge and not take it seriously. Start there.

Well, I'm just a sergeant in RM, but we are trying to get everyone to be more serious. When the situation calls for it, I can assure you that most of us take stuff seriously. But thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

Personal Opinion: In my opinion, I'm sorry if this offends, but RM is asking for way too many changes and additions to the battalion. You have at least 4 suggestions up right now. Get the battalion intact and step up the game, then progressively ask for different suggestions for the battalion. But right now, you seem to be just wanting stuff for the hell of it.

Tester Opinion: Same as my personal.

Pros: Attraction for RM.

Cons: We took out the defib due to the lag it was causing, buffing the medkit even more would be outrageous, spread out your server suggestions so you dont have a lot up at the same time.

Overall: -1