Spec Ops Officers+ Knife

Ryx

Name: Ryx/Blackout

Suggestion: Add the m9k Knife to Officer, ARC, and commander in SO.

Implementation: In missions where we use our cloak, having to uncloak and type out an RP takedown for a stealth scenario is time consuming and isn’t easily done. I believe having a physical weapon for officers, ARC troopers, and myself would add a new way to expand our stealth RP and interactions in some of our stealth deployments. I say restrict it to those who have proven themselves to be a mature member of the community, like officers and ARC troopers, which will reduce the chance that it may be abused. The main reason of this is to be a Roleplay tool for my battalion.

Lore: Since the current spec ops seems to be a hybrid between both Shadow Clones and Special Operations, that means that the standard kit for a trooper would include a vibroblade, which this can be.

Workshop content if applicable: m9k specialties (already on the server)
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change

Job: Spec Ops Commander, Spec Ops ARC, Spec Ops Officer

Model: N/A

Weapons: m9k_knife to each of those jobs.

Other: N/A

As Egg said, if this is believed to be a good addition to a battalion, they should suggest it themselves, so I did. It’s not a battalion restricted item, which is definitely cool. 

12 minutes ago, Washington said:

-1 Copying 41st? Nahhh

I mean it’s not a battalion restricted item. I have a valid reason for wanting it for my battalion as well. That’s like saying two people apply for a grant, but the second person shouldn’t get it because he applied for it second. 

All I gotta say on the matter is are SO & 41st gonna need Overseer+ permission to spawn? It was clearly stated you require Overseer permission to use these items so I don't understand how it seems feasible to let people spawn with them.

I'm neutral, will just let things run their course, but definitely not copying 41st considering Egg himself said other people are free to suggested for themselves. Knives are not a specialization.

1 hour ago, Zyner said:

It was clearly stated you require Overseer permission to use these items so I don't understand how it seems feasible to let people spawn with them.

What do you mean? The weapon is added to the job class.

Secondly, I said you require overseer permission to spawn m9k specialty items.

That's all I wanted to say on this matter.

• Retired Founder

ᴛʜᴇ ɪssᴜᴇ ɪs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇᴍ. ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴏɴʟʏ ɪᴍᴀɢᴇ sᴘʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɴɪᴠᴇs ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ. ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ.

On 2/22/2018 at 2:46 AM, Jek said:

I said you require overseer permission to spawn m9k specialty items.

ᴛᴇᴄʜɴɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍ9ᴋ sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟᴛɪᴇs.
sᴏ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴғᴜsɪᴏɴ.

ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏs, ғᴏʀ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴍ9ᴋ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴs ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ.
ᴇᴅɪᴛ: I ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀɪᴅ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢᴇʀᴜᴘs, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ ᴜᴘs ᴍɪɴɢᴇ- ʜᴀʀᴅ.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.