Open invitation from DU's Warrant Officer

Chambers

Hey all,

I posted a thread just the other day on how DU might improve itself and I wanted to create a separate thread to discuss an issue (Or non-issue depending on your standpoint) regarding our loss of the Sharp-Shooter role for the Engineer role.

This is the original post here: 

This was our first attempt at finding a mutually agreeable compromise that will allow us to maintain how we think our unit should be and what is best for the server.

I can agree it could have been written a little less strict way that showed that we are willing to work with everyone rather than seeming to be demanding special treatment.

The general consensus from the DU is that we do not lose SS for ENG (There is a poll  running right now I will post the results here when its done)

Doom's Unit is considered SOBDE which is why we have revamped our entire tryout document to be much much harder to pass to get into the unit, we are considered to be in the same category as the Null/RC and so we are going to be different from how the attack/recon battalions work so keep that in mind.

Hence this open invitation is an opportunity for everyone to pool their ideas and opinions on the matter.

Thanks, everyone and remember to keep it respectful!

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Hey all,

I posted a thread just the other day on how DU might improve itself and I wanted to create a separate thread to discuss an issue (Or non-issue depending on your standpoint) regarding our loss of the Sharp-Shooter role for the Engineer role.

This is the original post here: 

Doom's Unit is considered SOBDE which is why we have revamped our entire tryout document to be much much harder to pass to get into the unit, we are considered to be in the same category as the Null/RC and so we are going to be different from how the attack/recon battalions work so keep that in mind.

Just my opinion, not trying to be offensive towards dooms unit.

I have already stated my opinion on you guys being SOBDE from a lore standpoint. (Which was that you weren't) kind of weird to compare null/RC to dooms unit. To my knowledge your guy's battlestation is 4th floor, and I am not entirely sure what you do when you are deployed. What I am trying to get at, and I hope that you actually read this whole post before responding is, how are you differently worked aside from your shields and z6s? Now referencing your sharpshooter class, I don't think you should have as you seem more of a heavy weaponry oriented unit, and I feel as other battalions do it would be no problem to just have a engineer.

In my opinion RANCOR should be in SOBDE and DU would make sense as a Defense or specialized battalion. They just make more sense to be put there instead. Not to be a dick but DU and Null/RC are mot similar at all, in the way we operate, the numbers we have per "battalion" and the difficulty of getting into one of those units.

It seems like every post we make about DU turns into a debate about who should be in SOBDE and who shouldnt, which btw please stop moving us like Jesus Christ. Also, in lore rancor and gm make 0 sense. If we're going by lore, then it's Special operations 100%. If we aren't, then it's up for debate. I'd arue dooms unit is fine for SOBDE but we've already had like 3 threads debating that very point just in the last 2 weeks...

Anyways that bit is off topic and I'm not sure why it was even brought up. This thread is in regards to DU getting ENG instead of SS. I agree SS makes no sense, but neither does engineer. Not to mention how awful engineer actually is and how boring it is. Our extra jobs are limited, which is fair, as that's what we gave up to give everyone a Z-6, but our only other jobs are arc and medic. Those 2 jobs are fine and the majority of DU agrees. The majority of DU also agrees that we do NOT want ENG. We have a few ideas and would love to talk it out on teamspeak instead of the forums. 

As requested by @Zim, I took a Poll from members of DU, and verified that each response was indeed from a member of DU. This was necessary due to people leaking the anonymous poll and also using multiple accounts to flood it with what they wanted, which both sides did. At one point the original poll had more votes than we have DU members. Anyways, here is a verified poll in which their names were also required, but it did not directly link their names to their votes, so it didn't tell me what they voted, just who voted.

~I waited until we had 15 responses to post results here so they would be more representative of the battalion~

I'd say they are pretty much what I expected to see.

Results show that 13 people prefer to replace ENG, while only 2 voted to keep it.

The main problem most of us have with engineer is, like I said, the lore is not present whatsoever, just like the problem with Sharpshooter. The difference is, sharpshooter was at least fun and added something to the battalion, whereas Engineer is boring and doesn't add anything, and that is clearly represented as a common DU belief by this poll. Most members don't want anything to do with Engineer, it's not fun, isn't in lore, and is outright boring. If anything it will take away from DU by urging us to send our Engineers to ER every event, while is just annoying and dumb. We never even touch vehicles for the most part, and I don't see the need for this at all. There's a reason there are basically no engineers in any battalion.5a82492f51642_bandicam2018-02-1221-05-45-169.thumb.jpg.042cd6400d363d7b6f9949ecf540e291.jpg

Btw those names at the bottom are just a few of the people in our battalion who voted. About 30% of the entire battalion actually voted, as they were only given about 2 hours to actually cast a vote, but I feel it is certainly representative of the whole battalion, because of the people who did vote it includes most of our most active members, as well as many of our highest ranking members, while still giving some NCOs and Enlisted a voice.

My final point is literally give us anything but ENG. Most of our battalions agrees that it's by far the worst job to have as they do nothing but rp and the rp is bad. Like I said, please just contact me. I'm every weekday basically from 5 to 9pm EST, usually more. Also, all day on weekends.

P.S. Sorry for such a massive message, but my battalion and I personally feel very strongly against having ENG.

Edited by Deadly
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

shoulda included it in your update tbh 

Everyone we are not discussing rancor to go SOBDE this is to help Dooms unit if you want to talk about RANCOR going SOBDE then make your own thread it’s sickening to see people hijack a thread that’s supposed to help your fellow battalion. Just stop saying useless things I’m fine with negativity but if your discussing Rancor for SOBDE then leave