Adding droids as a regular job

Rocketpackgolem

Name: Jedi Ace Guardian Knight Golem

Suggestion: Adding in astromech job for the server

Implementation: Like RM you could have it assigned to a battalion. we could have a jedi branch astromech, a battalion astromech and a naval astromech. Also would help bring in immersion and make it seem more like a real ship. also would be fun! there would be extensive tryouts and they'd have to be ENG, TECH, AND EOD Trained there would be lore questions as well it oevrall seems like a fun idea. they'd have repair tools and there would be cool ranks. 

Lore: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Astromech_droid/Legends

Workshop content if applicable: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=833638627&searchtext=astromech
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Astromech

Job: Astromech (don't know the ranks this is like an idea i had swirling around in my mind

Model: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820347922&searchtext=astromech

Weapons: tazer, repair tool, jetpack(possibly),maybe soundboard

Other: should need prerequisites before you can be one like a sound board that make beeps and such

I'm mixed on this, on Icefuse we had service droids but they were rarely used (if ever) - I got on mine most of the time but I think it should be something Naval sort out because I think the role of Droid is so limited and stale it gets boring - 50 people had the whitelist for service droid on Icefuse yet I rarely saw any after May-time.

1 minute ago, Faoeoa said:

I'm mixed on this, on Icefuse we had service droids but they were rarely used (if ever) - I got on mine most of the time but I think it should be something Naval sort out because I think the role of Droid is so limited and stale it gets boring - 50 people had the whitelist for service droid on Icefuse yet I rarely saw any after May-time.

I feel the best  way to make this not stale is to make it more interesting. have them passive rp check the ship and give it a mid range salary and give them something to work towards (Like at some point they can reach R2D2 or C3P0)

I mean, I notice you're only trying to get astro-mechs and not protocol or translator or any other type of droid. I could maybe see this be a neat idea if only Jedi Generals would each have an astro-mech, and only could be on the job if their Jedi General was online/not afk. It opens up decent roleplay ideas as many generals had astro-mechs for their ships. So:

I'm gonna +1

Just now, Fours said:

I mean, I notice you're only trying to get astro-mechs and not protocol or translator or any other type of droid. I could maybe see this be a neat idea if only Jedi Generals would each have an astro-mech, and only could be on the job if their Jedi General was online/not afk. It opens up decent roleplay ideas as many generals had astro-mechs for their ships. So:

I'm gonna +1

I mean like I said this has been a half-baked idea I could there could be those if we really wanted them

I’m very confused as to why, some of you are jumping to conclusions on something that hasn’t been implamented onto the server yet. You couldn’t possibly know that each person whom Gains access to the job will be a minge. If it doesn’t work out, so be it, but it can easily be removed if people choose to abuse it. As well as the power that may or may not come with the job.

• Disagree 5
7 hours ago, Mod'Rata said:

I’m very confused as to why, some of you are jumping to conclusions on something that hasn’t been implamented onto the server yet. You couldn’t possibly know that each person whom Gains access to the job will be a minge. If it doesn’t work out, so be it, but it can easily be removed if people choose to abuse it. As well as the power that may or may not come with the job.

I dont like that you gave me a negative reputation it really hurt my feelings. if you could now up rep all my posts from now on that'd be great

• Disagree 1
10 hours ago, Mod'Rata said:

Actually, it is already somewhat implemented with the R2 Job, the C3PO Job, and the Police Droid Event Job.

You see, the people playing R2 and C3PO were chosen based on an interview process by which they weren't the only ones to go for the interview, just as a BCMD Interview if more people go for the said position. Regardless, they were chosen and given strict instructions NOT to minge or they'd face removal and blacklist from the jobs.

And when it comes to police droid event jobs, face it, the VIPs who play them can be somewhat mingy with it, and trust me, I find it hilarious, but making a droid an official job in which anyone can go for it will be fucking R I D I C U L O U S.

Cry cry all you'd like about how much you want this added, but if you really want to be a droid, become either C3PO or R2, it'd be a better choice than this.

• Agree 1

I'm Neutral on this tbh, I think it's a great Idea but that is all it is. You need to think about how battalions would treat/act with the droids, if they're assigned to each battalion I feel as the BCMD/CMD would have to select someone and make sure they don't minge. But that's my biggest issue is people are going to minge

28 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

Actually, it is already somewhat implemented with the R2 Job, the C3PO Job, and the Police Droid Event Job.

You see, the people playing R2 and C3PO were chosen based on an interview process by which they weren't the only ones to go for the interview, just as a BCMD Interview if more people go for the said position. Regardless, they were chosen and given strict instructions NOT to minge or they'd face removal and blacklist from the jobs.

And when it comes to police droid event jobs, face it, the VIPs who play them can be somewhat mingy with it, and trust me, I find it hilarious, but making a droid an official job in which anyone can go for it will be fucking R I D I C U L O U S.

Cry cry all you'd like about how much you want this added, but if you really want to be a droid, become either C3PO or R2, it'd be a better choice than this.

I wouldn't want anyone can get it It'd most  likely be VIP-Exclusive also an extensive tryouts and such like they have to have ENG, MED, PLT, bEOD, and bTECH and thus give even more reason to get VIP also I've talked to others and they'd very much like it  I can only imagine how many more people a droid-rp based group of jobs, and it would attract new people. as the only other Star-wars droid job I could find was on Superior we could tap into a whole new market of people and we could keep and retain a larger number of people

Edited by Rocketpackgolem
new points to add

My opinion: Droids as of right now could bring in RP, but from past experiences just bring non serious RP

My statement as a tester:

Pros: It could bring more RP in the server make it more realistic and help with this whole RP thing that is being instilled in the server, but this could be a double edge will expand in the Cons.

Gives people more opportunities to do things besides the clone, naval, and Jedi which I think would be great for the server.

Cons:

I will be the first to admin on Icefuse before I applied for staff I was un-serious on the droid job, I name myself R2-Beep boop, and I would minge basically on the job, the allure to do it is really strong specifically with the whole non-basic speaking Astromech droids.

I disagree the knowing all forms of RP, statement, I think if there are specfic droids that do things, they should be trained in such things; However, adding in a tech droid and having him being trained for MED would be a waste of time, just one of those wasteful things. No tryouts really in general, I think maybe there should be applications that way the community could give their opinion on the person, and if they minge have a section on the forums where they can be reported.

Suggestion for suggestion: Make it applications right, or a forum section for it where you can have reports, applications, and rules for it.

Vote- Neutral, If it changed like with stuff I said then I will change the vote, but currently I don't agree with the implementation.

• Agree 2

My personal opinion: Previously when I was Division Leader on Icefuse, this was a thing. People could apply through the forums to possibly get the whitelist to the exact same models. This came with many RP perks but people never took it seriously enough.

Tester Opinion:

Pro: It can add a metric shit ton or RP to the server. Battalions/Masters would have droids to "help" with on the server. It adds a new element to it.

Cons: I will try to keep this as minimal as I can.
1. The minge within this job was real. We removed more people than people that applied.
2. They never really RP'd properly, yes some did. But majority just ran around playing a sound board through their mic making it to where we banned them.
3. IF it gets accepted, the rules that would needed to be implemented would be staggering.  

• Agree 1

WAS MEDIC

+1 Well I just wanna say this, there’s a possibility of minges. There’s always been a possibility of minges whenever we add anything. Here’s the thing though the amount of Passive RP they could add would be enormous. We just need extensive tryouts to weed out the minges and give the droids a reason to stay the job 

• Agree 1

-1 if it is done like the c3p0 and r2 jobs went that was a horrible process and ends horribly

+1 if you make it a job were the BCMD selects a member for the role and have it stated if the server finds the persons actions bad or mingey that they will be kicked and lose the whitelist

so it will get my support if done right so i guess +1 dont let me down

• Agree 1
  • Retired Founder

ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴄ3ᴘ0 ᴏʀ ʀ2ᴅ2.
ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ, ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜɪs ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴍɪɴɢᴇʏ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴛᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʟɪᴍᴇɴᴛ. ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ғᴇᴇᴅʙᴀᴄᴋ.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.