Taxi Re-implementation compromises

Name: Guy | Tarkin

RP Rank: Vice Admiral

Suggestion: Rework the Courtyard to allow taxiing instead of pad raising

Implementation: Remove the raisable landing pads and replace them with taxi lanes. I have made 2 compromises for an idea of what it might look like if implemented. 3 things usually happen with extendable landing pads: people sometimes do not care for the landing pad to be raised, they take off anyway. No personnel is online to host BCC and raise pads/doesn't know how to, or free flight is active and it doesn't matter anyway. Taxiing is easier on the ATC controller as it doesn't require the manual press of a button within BCC in order to operate.

1st Compromise:

to make up for the losses of landing pads, it might require an extension to the MHB. Removing the elevation that is left is not necessary, but it makes more space for pilots when taxiing.

Pros: extends MBH not only for ships, but for tanks, speeders, etc.

Cons: This may make landing and taking off a little harder. BCC windows may no longer be able to see full CY due to MHB, and may require further development.

spacer.png

2nd Compromise:

My personal favorite fix, Instead of extending the MHB, move the ramp to the far right side of CY. Remove elevation in designated areas and move landing pads further from entrance.

Pros: This implements taxi and is also a nice way to keep the benefits to having outside landing pads (less crashing into MHB walls). Much more room for taxi once the elevation is removed making it safer for wide vehicles like LAAT/C's and ARC's to taxi. 

Cons: Ramp is no longer in the center of the CY, making vehicles from the hangar have to drive 2x as far to make it up.

spacer.png

I will let the people who see this vote and see what people like more. But it is all up to the synergy leadership gods to decide if one of these get implemented. Again, this is an outline of how I think it should be implemented. If you think something is flawed on this suggestion, I will take it into consideration to update my pictures.

Lore: Taxi lanes dont have lore

Workshop content if applicable: Requires Development (*cough cough* Jayarr)
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by SUpER754
Images broke, can DM images if needed
  • Informative 1

Current: 332nd Officer CPT ARCL Jesse

Former: Hardcase, Kix, 501st MEDL, Chief Medical Officer, Aviation Manager, Vice Admiral Tarkin

spacer.png

Disliking new procedures doesn't constitute map editing. Seems unreasonable to want a map adjustment rather than accepting the change. 

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Mace Windu 
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti l Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate l Actually Private Crosshair

53dc4d38968cd2efbfb3e4f0a0b3aa7a.gif?ex=

• 3 weeks later...
Developer

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Winner 2