Senate Commandos?

There is no tantrum rantrum or rantrum tantrum anymore, so I just wanna voice this here. If this gets locked or deleted? So be it, but I have to get this out of me...

Making Senate Commandos a sub-branch for Shock troopers really annoys me. I know, I know, people will say "But Fours, Shock basically do Senate Commandos job for them since they weren't here." and to that, I say bullshit, you don't need any sort of shock trooper training to stand guard of a senator, despite the fact that Senate Commandos are not affiliated with the republic's army what so ever, they protect the senators. Does this mean they don't get into any gun fights? No, we've seen them versus the Seperatist Commandos. They do anything to protect the senators if the means losing their life.

If anything the senate commandos should be what the red guard were, but instead of protecting just the chancellor, protect all the senators. And should be under the Senators teamspeak channel. Instead of just handing over Senate Commandos to Shock troopers, please let the 4 senators decide, by making their own tryouts. And to avoid any kind of bias have them come as CT's with any random name at all. 

All I'm really saying is, make Senate Commandos universal but only between 2-4 Commandos per Senator, excluding the Captians or what not, let them have their own ranking structure like Captain = BCMD, SGT=whatever, and then just the regular old Senate Commandos with no rank, making the job a potential fourth job to the already naval/jedi/clone. Senate Commandos to me would be an absolute great fucking fun job. And making me join Shock troopers JUST to play as a Senate Commando just sounds dumb, and tears me apart. Senate Commandos would be a refreshing experience, cause I am so bored of playing as a clone, not that interested in Jedi or Naval as of right now, etc. I'm just really sad that I'll be very burnt out very quickly and won't get to experience the new big thing, humans. 

Senate Commandos are humans, not a sub-branch to clones. 

I'd love to hear any criticisms, complaints, anything at all, comment below or pm me on teamspeak your opinion. To me, its very saddening.

Edited by Fours
name of title
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Founder
Founder

-1 If we where to allow senators to choose senate commandos, it wouldn't be efficient, and they wouldn't be active enough.

Making it a sub branch of ST allows us to constantly put people into the branch allowing more senate commandos to be more active, and trained. We already have plans for senate commandos to allow them to contribute to not only the senators but the server. We're offering advanced Certifications for protecting VIPs and allow more troopers to understand the lore of SC. Yes they may be actual people, and yes they're different from CG but allowing them to be our sub branch will benefit the Senators, and allow the commandos more structure. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3
1 hour ago, Xaze said:

-1 If we where to allow senators to choose senate commandos, it wouldn't be efficient, and they wouldn't be active enough.

Making it a sub branch of ST allows us to constantly put people into the branch allowing more senate commandos to be more active, and trained. We already have plans for senate commandos to allow them to contribute to not only the senators but the server. We're offering advanced Certifications for protecting VIPs and allow more troopers to understand the lore of SC. Yes they may be actual people, and yes they're different from CG but allowing them to be our sub branch will benefit the Senators, and allow the commandos more structure. 

Thats where the point comes from as to do tryouts for senate commandos, universally.  If they aren't active within 2-4 days, they get removed and replaced. It's way more fair in my opinion. It will be more diverse.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
2 minutes ago, Washington said:

+1They are NOT clones and are NOT under the Grand Army of the Republic, so why would they be headed by a CLONE COMMANDER seems a bit gooby to me

Literally my entire point. I makes no sense, they are very like Red Guards, just they don't ONLY protect the chancellor. Which ST training isn't even needed for it. 

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, Xaze said:

That makes absolutely no sense. Shock troopers are not senate commandos, and vice versa.

I'll use Redguard for example. They were excessively active, and they were their own thing.

+1 to making them their own thing.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Read this whole post if you are serious about the Senate Commandos.

Right then, time to do some education.

First things first. 

Feesability

I have been pushing for Senate Commandos since joining the Server right, and during that time, the feasibility plan was the idea that the Senate Commandos would have been a subset of CG (currently ST).

Secondly for practicality, they would be Under the BCMD Command of Commander Fox at the top, but the rest would have been it's own automaton, its own tryouts, training etc.

This was to solve the problem of having too many battalions on the server and solving the problem of, Senate Commandos would be small, like Joah said, so having it, it's own battalion would cause conflict because, ST and Senate Commandos would need to heavily involved with one another, so their is that point.

The Senate Commandos would use the same Discord channel as the ST, just having their own room for those who went into the Senate Commandos.

This was also done for lore reasons as the Senate Commandos were apart of the Coruscant Guard. (CHECK YOUR LORE).

The Coruscant Guard incorporated the Coruscant Police Force, the Underworld Police Force, the Shock Trooper regiment under the command of Commander Fox and the Senate Guard's elite force of Senate Commandos.

As you say they were not Clone Troopers, yeah, neither was the Underworld Police force either, and the Coruscant Police force was mostly human with some Clones.

Thirdly, this was done to keep it much to lore wise as possible, so if we are advertising ourselfs are a Serious RP server, this is the way to go.

This was to keep to the lore as much as possible.

And Lastly

I am not pointing fingers right, but, I know this for a fact that what I am about to say comes to people's minds, people want to get into the Senate Commandos, I get it, but you know for a fact, that if Senate Commandos become a subset of the ST, (Which Commander Fox has just told me he is now changing the name of ST now back to Coruscant Guard to now keep it in line with the lore for when Senate Commandos are added), everyone is going to want to join, but you know, because they are a subset of ST, that means you are going to have to get to know the people in ST, non of this favouritism thing of people getting high places, and I genuinely believe that this is the reason why this post has been made.

I mean, look at Doom's Unit when it first came out, all people in High places swamped on that.

I would also like to add, I personally, sat for at least 2 months, every day, going through all the Lore, every single thing that relates to the Senate Commandos, how they would work, what would they do, the Tryouts, the roster, the field guides.

At least 40 pages of Documents just on the Senate Commandos alone, so if anyone says, oh by the way, they are not clones, you are trying to pull a fast one on everyone. 

I had been working for the current and previous Commander Fox on how ST/CG would fit in to all of this and that side has been worked out, the models are made and just need to be added, I would know, I worked with the model owner, everything has been ironed out, and changes are still being made, but, to make these pointless changes, and nonsensical ideas that go against lore, you may as well not have them added.

The Documents were constructed and checked thoroughly by Battalion Commander Fox (Puck at the time) and now Xaze, they were also sent to aStonedSparks (when this was first maybe a thing), and recently, they have been sent to Joah, Zim and a few others as I made in the last post.

The ranks where worked in and how they would work, how the Dicord will work, how the training will work, everything, also Joah will never make the Senate Commandos their own thing for one reason only, it would not work.

The only reason they would, as you lot are saying would be a clone BCMD, not commander, because they will have their own Commander, just not a BCMD as a entirely new BCMD would not be created just for the sake of the Senate Commandos, that is a given fact, I just can not see any of the Owners doing that.

So for the sake of that argument any BCMD you put the Senate Commandos under, would be a Clone anyway, unless an entirely new one was made.

And, I might add, the ST at the moment do the Senate Commandos Job right, so in what logical mind do you think they would be best under ey?

ST (Soon to be named Coruscant Guards), or, another whole Battalion that has no knowledge or the know how, to take over from what ST was doing?)

I'll give you a hint, it's not making the Senate Commandos their own thing.

Every precaution was taken when developing this idea as I have been pushing this since day one as NO other Server has them, or has done them correctly.

If you make Senate Commandos their own thing, it will fail, one because they are not meant to be some mega battalion, just a sub-set, and they need to be working very closely with the Coruscant Guard to the point where they need to share information in terms of, Documents, training, every has been planned out, to the point where it all will go hand in hand.

This is the dedication that has gone into having the Senate Commandos added.

And for this reason, this topic will get a:

From me.

@JoahAny thoughts?

Edited by Stahl
  • Agree 2

-1 For this, thing is. True it is lore friendly to not be lead by fox. But the thing is, you wouldnt put lore over playibility on the server. (Yes some changes have been made for the better before) 
But to keep everything in line it would be better for them to be under a BCMD clone (aka fox). IM not saying its with lore, but im saying its better for playing reasons. 

Or make things like the 501st by making a captain (leader of Senate commandos) BCMD rank, like our current rex. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I understand the "not being under a clone commander" but this would just create infighting. The Shocks and the Senate Commandos would just start fighting over each others jobs. They also do about the same thing so you really cant change their jobs to stop that. So I just believe that Senate Commandos should be under Shock as a sub battalion like Torrent, Ghost Company, Keller's, etc. That is why I think it should be under a clone BCMD. It will also make playability better (who wants to play when all you do is argue about your job). So that is my two-cents.

Edited by warminer14
  • Agree 2

For server playibility and in order to avoid ST and SC getting in to arguments about who they can and can't protect, having one leader would help control who protects who and keep us away for any one trying to take someones job during RP.  Having both in the same group I feel will help keep the groups from butting heads.

Edited by The_only_Shakes
  • Agree 2
6 minutes ago, DexGunz said:

-1 You guys don't know everything STs are wanting to do with the Senate Commandos. I say that they should use it for a bit to see if we can keep it with STs or make it's own thing

Their argument isn't that they don't trust ST.

Its that lore wise and based on the fact a group of humans wouldn't be led by the clone army. 

If the server is trying to move to more lore friendly concepts this is a very apparent argument.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
3 minutes ago, Zim said:

ɪ ᴍᴇᴀɴ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ.
sʀʀ sɢɢsɪɴs?

It's not really a suggestion as my ass would be literally roasted by every ST imaginable. It's me voicing my anger without, but I can do it since a lot of people are in favor that aren't ST.

• Retired Founder
Just now, Fours said:

It's not really a suggestion as my ass would be literally roasted by every ST imaginable. It's me voicing my anger without, but I can do it since a lot of people are in favor that aren't ST.

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇs ᴇɴᴛɪᴛʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴ.

I have a mix opinion about the hole Senate Commando deal and I've bought it up to the BCMD of Shock. I agree on the fact that they are Humans and do not report to Clone Commanders. I disagree on the point of they should that it should be a universal team / training or whatever. The Shock Battalion specializations are now only:

- Sharpshooter 

- Heavy Trooper

- Riot Trooper 

We only have 3 Specializations. Allowing Senate Commando to function as our Riot Team would be great because, our Shock Troopers would have another option for them whether they would want to go into Senate Commandos, HVY, SS or Riot. 

Edited by Andrews53
needed to add something
10 hours ago, Andrews53 said:

We only have 3 Specializations. Allowing Senate Commando to function as our Riot Team would be great because, our Shock Troopers would have another option for them whether they would want to go into Senate Commandos, HVY, SS or Riot. 

That's the thing. Again, they're humans. To start, Second, they are nor could ever be a riot team. Their sole purpose is to protect the senators and senators only, being loyal to them. If they were to be a Riot team in any context, there would be no use of your Riot troopers, nor any use for Doom's Unit.

I understand all the complaints about the whole "they would be butting heads about who to protect". I get that, and it would happen, only if the two don't co-operate. The leader of the Senate Commando's would be someone obviously competent enough, which would definitely suppress the whole butting heads situation. The Senate Commandos never butted heads with any kind of clone during the clone wars (with the exception of Captain Argyus). My point still stands about having up to only 2 Senate Commandos per senator (excluding a Captain and a SGT or whatever). 

I understand also about the specialization complaint, and to that, I say so what? Not many battalions have a butt load of lore and the ones that do are the ones that would get recognition. The Senate Commandos/Red Guard are and would probably be the most iconic lore chance of an actual decent role playing experience on the server at this point of time, as nobody really encourages role play. The opportunities are vast and disperse on just the interactions alone.

And like I was saying, it could be a fourth potential job. So one clone/naval/jedi/senate commando. I was saying it would be server wide, ST would NOT BE EXCLUDED in the chance to become one, much like everyone else. Making it a fair, and brand new experience to the players of the server. There can easily be a compromise between the leaders of ST and SG/SC. It isn't hard to use words in situations like "oh yea this senate commando said (this) and (that) about the ST job. Which would ultimately lead to either a warn or a removal from the Senate Commando role. 

Edited by Fours
  • Retired Founder

Senate commando's are going to be there own thing, I've already told all of ST it is not going to be a branch. Stop telling people it's going to be in the ST, because it's not. Infact, Senate Commando's had more authority over ST, so why would I put ST over Senate commandos.

• Agree 4