Don't know how to fix this error.

I have gotten this error twice and this always comes up in my console. Don't know how to fix it, was suggested to do "stopsound" in console but when I tried it, did nothing. Don't know how else to fix this.
spacer.png

Edited by Eternus_Nox
32 minutes ago, Eternus_Nox said:

I have gotten this error twice and this always comes up in my console. Don't know how to fix it, was suggested to do "stopsound" in console but when I tried it, did nothing. Don't know how else to fix this.
spacer.png

Do you have any errors on the server?

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

A quick search on the Valve dev community shows that CBaseFlex has nothing to do with sound. stopsound in console would do nothing. 
 "CBaseFlex contains and manages data for a model's flex controllers. The data is not modified, therefore does not take bandwidth for NPCs without faces (i.e. Combine Soldiers)."
"A 
flex controller is a binding of vertices and calculations to produce smooth facial expressions. Flex controllers can be seen as sliders in Valve's Source SDK's Faceposer tool."

Have you tried remounting content? type "remountcontent" in console.

Is this causing any errors aside from just console stuff? any missing textures, missing props, NPCs being fucked etc etc. 

Alot of people have long lists of red errors in their console that just need ignored as they don't affect server gameplay.

I'm going to go ahead and say if your NPCs are fine then i'd just ignore them. It's likely nothing to worry about since we don't use base HL2 NPCs on server,

Edited by Mystic
  • Winner 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

On 1/27/2024 at 7:18 PM, Mystic said:

A quick search on the Valve dev community shows that CBaseFlex has nothing to do with sound. stopsound in console would do nothing. 
 "CBaseFlex contains and manages data for a model's flex controllers. The data is not modified, therefore does not take bandwidth for NPCs without faces (i.e. Combine Soldiers)."
"A 
flex controller is a binding of vertices and calculations to produce smooth facial expressions. Flex controllers can be seen as sliders in Valve's Source SDK's Faceposer tool."

Have you tried remounting content? type "remountcontent" in console.

Is this causing any errors aside from just console stuff? any missing textures, missing props, NPCs being fucked etc etc. 

Alot of people have long lists of red errors in their console that just need ignored as they don't affect server gameplay.

I'm going to go ahead and say if your NPCs are fine then i'd just ignore them. It's likely nothing to worry about since we don't use base HL2 NPCs on server,

Well, all this did, was practically bug out my pov to the point where i couldn't see a thing but the skybox's color, unable to hear any thing or one, i was still able to shoot but no sound coming from there nor did it change anything. I have had this happen before, but the only way I could fix it, was relogging into the server which wasn't helpful during deployments or something very serious. But if this happens again, I will try remounting content command in the console and hope that it works. Because I would want to be able to fix this in the moment without having to relog onto the server.

23 hours ago, Eternus_Nox said:

Well, all this did, was practically bug out my pov to the point where i couldn't see a thing but the skybox's color, unable to hear any thing or one, i was still able to shoot but no sound coming from there nor did it change anything. I have had this happen before, but the only way I could fix it, was relogging into the server which wasn't helpful during deployments or something very serious. But if this happens again, I will try remounting content command in the console and hope that it works. Because I would want to be able to fix this in the moment without having to relog onto the server.

any update?

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

2 hours ago, Eternus_Nox said:

Does not work, did it twice, nothing.

If you have any addons installed id recommend completely removing those. both in game and via your garrysmod folder in your Garry's Mod root directory should look something like this 

" steamapps/username/garrysmod/garrysmod/addons "

Once you do that try to rejoin the server after restarting your game.

On 1/31/2024 at 7:39 PM, Mystic said:

If you have any addons installed id recommend completely removing those. both in game and via your garrysmod folder in your Garry's Mod root directory should look something like this 

" steamapps/username/garrysmod/garrysmod/addons "

Once you do that try to rejoin the server after restarting your game.

I will do that, I hope that it works this time. But, I didn't go with uninstalling them, I only disabled them which is better because then I can enable them again when I want to.