addon packs

Misfit

Question: why dont we use addon packs anymore, beside the fact that we have fastDL or addon share or whatever and its not required to play on the server

Comments/Concerns: speaking as a gamemaster, when we had the addon packs i could build amazing server legal dupes in single player and then instantly come on the server and host an event with said dupe. Now since the update i have to wait until the servers dead or go on ES to build so i dont lag/crash/break the server while trying to build. i guess i understand removing them so new players can come on and have the same experience as a veteran player using fastDL but in my opinion and experiences the GM team is semi crippled seeing as we can mostly only build on the server with the exception of a few people that build only using default props which again limits creativity. So why remove them completely instead of have them be optional or something idk. 

Staff Member you're asking: @Jad

Additional info: TL;DR for whats above, why remove a great feature for the GM team because we have fastDL now

Edited by Misfit

the Darman Keller guy

I too wish to be able to build dupes in Single player.  I want to host stuff for folks and I can't build dupes on main as a regular player.

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

• Founder
Founder

We had to move over to a more secure system to protect our content. FastDL is great for the normal player for connecting without worry as well. If we left our packs the way they were, models, the new map, and other content we use would've easily been able to be grabbed. Also, this prevents us from receiving false DMCA takedowns, this has become more of an issue this last two years and now it can be prevented.

Onderon will never be available for download for use by others unfortunately. But, something I've been thinking of is making a large list of prop related add-ons that builders can use so at the very least they'd know what props are available on the server.

• Winner 2
  • Founder
Founder

Question Answered