Names Part One: Subunits

• Management

Name: Marvel

RP Rank: 501st 332nd CPT :/

Suggestion: Find a fix for subunit names in game. They look just downright terrible and there's no way to put it other than that.

Implementation: Either allow forcenaming for certain situations ie. Forcing my main battalion part of my name out in favor of my full subunit name or find a fix for it in the system similar to how 2ndAC, Alpha ARCs, and Lore RC have it.

Lore: No one was referred to as Battalion, Subunit, Rank, Name.

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change I guess
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: All Subunit Job Names

Slots: N/A

Description: N/A

Model: N/A
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: N/A
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: Currently only two subunits don't have this problem and it's 2ndAC and Alpha ARCs. For some reason their default names are already set to 2ndAC and Alpha respectively and they aren't forced to have 212th 2ndAC or Rancor Alpha in their names. However every other subunit does and it looks really bad. For examples: 212th GC, 41st GC, 41st IC, 501st 332nd, 501st TC, 104th WP, 104th DS, 21st KU, 21st DD, DU HS, and CG DS... It's just bad and that's the truth. RC lore characters don't have RC auto put in their name and have to put their squad names as their prefix which is kind of lame but it works for them however main battalions have more info in their names like their regiments and what not. THEY LOOK SO GROSS PLEASE!

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 need this. its something that should be fixed as having cool names is an aspect of people on a roleplay server. Not only this but 332nd lore wise would replace the 501st in names, having 501st 332nd (Rank) Name, looks really bad and not lore accurate. And looks gross. Huge +1

giphy.gif

Ex. 332nd Commander Vaughn

1 minute ago, Corey said:

+1 need this. its something that should be fixed as having cool names is an aspect of people on a roleplay server. Not only this but 332nd lore wise would replace the 501st in names, having 501st 332nd (Rank) Name, looks really bad and not lore accurate. And looks gross. Huge +1

+1

• Founder
Founder

The abbreviations were put into place as placeholders so we could see what battalions actually needed. We already intended to go back through and touch up each unit to what fits their needs.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1
  • Management
31 minutes ago, Jad said:

The abbreviations were put into place as placeholders so we could see what battalions actually needed. We already intended to go back through and touch up each unit to what fits their needs.

Could forcenaming be a substitute for the time being as long as it is following a proper format ie. 332nd Rank Name ? 

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

14 hours ago, Jad said:

14 hours ago, Marvel said:

Could forcenaming be a substitute for the time being as long as it is following a proper format ie. 332nd Rank Name ? 

+1 its a good fix in the mean time until they go back through and touch up everything.

giphy.gif

Ex. 332nd Commander Vaughn

• Management
On 7/6/2022 at 10:28 PM, Marvel said:

@Jad? :) srry I jsut really wanna know! 0.o

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

• Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been ACCEPTED.

// LOCKED

// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - ACCEPTED

• 3 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been IMPLEMENTED.
(Suggestions that have been implemented into the server)