Oshava's Staff Application

Oshava

RP Name: TR SC ENG TECH MEDL CMD Oshava

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:7329451

Timezone: Eastern US

Tell us why you wish to be an administrator (6 sentence minimum):

The staff members on this server do a very good job by and large and I'd like an opportunity to pitch in helping things run smoothly and as expected for the guys and gals I enjoy playing with so much.  I am active quite often during off hours or quiet times when the scarcity of available (i.e., not AFK) admins can, at times, become an actual gripeworthy issue, whether it has to do with moving AFK battalion members in bunks for tryouts, acquiring a whitelist for CCs after training, dealing with a 5 am RDMer or other assorted issues/queries.  I've certainly enjoyed 99 percent of my experience on the server, but in that 1 percent lies the off hours issue which can often become a practical hurdle to the normally smooth experience of playing on Synergy.  To sort of trampoline off of that point, I feel that the contributions made by the staff members are a crucial component when it comes to the machine that keeps the ship sailing with few hiccups and I fancy the chance to contribute to that myself.  I've grown to really enjoy the people and environment of the server and anything I can do to help out the player experience is something I'd jump on in a heartbeat.  I feel this is a great way I can help streamline the experience for the players, accommodate to the inquiries, complaints or requests of the players and provide a service to the players.  Overall I look forward to being able to help out when it is required and being a part of the staff team that makes this server a quality place to be.  No reason not to give back to something that's given me some genuinely quality entertainment and the people responsible for it.

Tell us a little about yourself (3 sentence minimum):

Just a guy from St. Louis, MO who finds himself in South Carolina now.  I work in freelance academic/journalistic/textbook editing; I graduated from the University of Missouri - St. Louis with double BS's in English and Statistics.  Generally I'm simply the type who enjoys good friends having good laughs over good food and drinks and plays games when I can't do that.  I played Lacrosse and Football back in High School, and still play Lacrosse to this day; America's original pastime yknow.   Cheers all, thanks!

Do you have any previous staff experience?

No I do not.  I don't believe I would find much difficulty in learning the ropes though.

Edited by Oshava
formatting error that bugged me
  • Agree 1

Oshava, as you know we had a really rough patch with you, one I am not going to go into. I trust at this point in time you have shifted away from that and became a fine trooper. I have noticed you in game and since that issue was resolved I have had no issues since.

I believe everyone has the ability to change and I am hopeful you have.

+1 from what I have seen in the past few months.