Advanced Toolgun

Zensras

Name: Zen 

RP Rank: CPT

Suggestion:     Add Advanced Toolgun.   Adds a second screen to the base toolgun model for swapping tools without having to run to the Q menu.   You can set favorites within it's menu.     A minor addition but with some great potential to help our GMs in the long run with building.   Currently not sure about the performance hit for people with weaker hardware,  but should be minor.    Needs to be cleared security wise just incase due to this being from a Russian developer.

spacer.png

Implementation:
 As mentioned before,  This can be benefitable to dupe makers and GMs.  

Workshop content if applicable:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2806571951
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

-1 This addon seems to be getting some bugs reported, and with how new it is I think it would be wise to wait a bit for them to get ironed out / discovered before adding it to Synergy. Although that would of course be a part of the Suggestion process by the developer team, I think also that this tool would add an extra level of confusion to people who are new to GMing. Also, I don't think this tool necessarily saves that much time versus just clicking on the tool in Q menu, especially when using tools that have any configuration needed in the Q menu.

GMs can also bind tools to a button on their keyboard too for more used ones. 

1. Select tool you want and enter this into console: 
    gmod_toolmode

It will print out the name of the tool.

2. Create a bind to that tool:

bind key "gmod_toolmode toolname"

This would be a bit more work in initial setup and need some more keys than using the menu you suggested though.

Edited by Shrimp
  • Informative 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

I like this, but I'd personally wait a bit to see if some of the bugs are worked on. Since this is a new addition to the shop that is actively being worked on hopefully after a couple updates the bugs shrimp mentioned will be resolved. +1 for the idea however just might now work as is right now.

• Agree 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

• 4 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.