What happened to the weight tool suggestion?

Been thinking about the weight tool recently and how useful it would be in certain situations to have on the server, but was told it was denied already. Looking at the suggestion, it was accepted then denied with just a "direct your question to the q and a section" message. I couldn't find if anyone ever asked on here, but why was it denied? Was it bugged or something?

@Forseen

• Informative 1

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

• Retired Founder

Hi there,

So just in case you don't already know, the way a lot of our formatted messages from Forum Staff or community VA+ work is that they're preset messages. Obviously with that being said, when denying things we go through and click the box for all the suggestions that will be denied so that we can move all of them at once. Like this:
b1a4dadde61fc26cd8d40f94007bc028.png

And then we select an option that automatically moves, locks & replies with the standard message and it will do this to all of the selected items at once. This is why we don't put denial reasons on everything. Usually when we go through suggestions and deny them, either myself or one of the other founders will attempt to get to most suggestions that we feel need explanation for denial or as many as we can to add the reasons on to the posts to avoid this. However, sometimes we get busy and because of that we may leave them blank sometimes, hence why we added the section saying to come to the Q&A Section to ask.

Sorry about the above, I felt like there were a lot of people that didn't understand the process, so I wanted to clear it up.

Moving on to the denial for the suggestion of the weight tool;

This was a while ago, but if my memory serves me well then the main reason that we denied this was due to it being a very small and limited use case and that we felt that after a few weeks the add-on would no longer be used and it would be another thing for us to remove (this is a trend with most tools that get added to the game, such as the Advanced Precision tool, where it was used for 2 weeks then never touched again).

Hope this message cleared up some confusion! :)

• Informative 1
  • Confused 1
On 12/22/2021 at 12:12 AM, Forseen said:

Hi there,

So just in case you don't already know, the way a lot of our formatted messages from Forum Staff or community VA+ work is that they're preset messages. Obviously with that being said, when denying things we go through and click the box for all the suggestions that will be denied so that we can move all of them at once. Like this:
b1a4dadde61fc26cd8d40f94007bc028.png

And then we select an option that automatically moves, locks & replies with the standard message and it will do this to all of the selected items at once. This is why we don't put denial reasons on everything. Usually when we go through suggestions and deny them, either myself or one of the other founders will attempt to get to most suggestions that we feel need explanation for denial or as many as we can to add the reasons on to the posts to avoid this. However, sometimes we get busy and because of that we may leave them blank sometimes, hence why we added the section saying to come to the Q&A Section to ask.

Sorry about the above, I felt like there were a lot of people that didn't understand the process, so I wanted to clear it up.

Moving on to the denial for the suggestion of the weight tool;

This was a while ago, but if my memory serves me well then the main reason that we denied this was due to it being a very small and limited use case and that we felt that after a few weeks the add-on would no longer be used and it would be another thing for us to remove (this is a trend with most tools that get added to the game, such as the Advanced Precision tool, where it was used for 2 weeks then never touched again).

Hope this message cleared up some confusion! :)

Mans that’s a weight off my shoulders!

• Funny 1

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.