104th HVY and HVO Model Swap

Zeros

Name: Zeros | Sinker

RP Rank: Captain (Approved by BCMD)

Suggestion: Swap the models of 104th Heavy and 104th Heavy Ordnance

Implementation: Switch the Heavy model with the Heavy Ordnance model and switch the Heavy Ordnance model with the Heavy one for both jobs. This'll be keeping the same loadouts and wouldn't be adding any new models to the server. It's a pretty minor change but after asking multiple people within the battalion, the main reason for members (new and old) for not joining HVY is because of the model (specifically the helmet), resulting in there being a very low amount of members and a cause for new members avoiding the regiment. From a model and a bit of a lore standpoint, it makes more sense for heavies to be more lightweight and have a sunvisor, rather than have the antenna/cheek plating helmet attachments. Heavy Ordnance would have more use for the chest strap and helmet build due to the loadouts they utilize, aswell as the backpack making sense for carrying ammunition and mines. Community depiction also shows Heavy/Z6 troopers with sunvisors rather than the current Heavy helmet. The models are also already implemented on the server for both jobs, so nothing new would need to be added.

Lore: 
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Clone_heavy_assault_trooper - Heavy Ordnance/Anti-Air troopers.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Thorn - Example of a Clone Heavy/Z6 user

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hardcase - Example of a Clone Heavy/Z6 user

Workshop content if applicable: 
New Heavy Models
models/synergy_roleplay/104/instructor/instructor.mdl - (Standard Trooper bodygroup)
models/synergy_roleplay/104/officer_instructor/officer_instructor.mdl - (Officer Bodygroup)

New Heavy Ordnance Models
models/synergy_roleplay/104/heavy/heavy.mdl  (Standard Trooper bodygroup)
models/synergy_roleplay/104/officer_heavy/officer_heavy.mdl (Officer Bodygroup)

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change

Job: 104th Heavy Trooper

Slots: N/A (Same)

Description: N/A (Same)

Model: 
models/synergy_roleplay/104/instructor/instructor.mdl - (Standard Trooper bodygroup)

models/synergy_roleplay/104/officer_instructor/officer_instructor.mdl - (Officer Bodygroup)

Weapons: N/A (Same)

Other: Swapping with the 104th HVO models

Add or Change: Change

Job: 104th Heavy Ordnance Trooper

Slots: N/A (Same)

Description: N/A (Same)

Model: 
models/synergy_roleplay/104/heavy/heavy.mdl  (Standard Trooper bodygroup)

models/synergy_roleplay/104/officer_heavy/officer_heavy.mdl (Officer Bodygroup)

Weapons: N/A (Same)

Other: Swapping with the 104th HVY models

Edited by Zeros
spacing issues, bolding titles
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dumb 1

retirement is bliss

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wd5z54vl09nbbv1okw

41 minutes ago, Stockings said:

+1, might be a precedent for the rest of the battalions on the server? 🤔

So I like the idea, but kinda looking at what stockings said, right now every regiment has the same general look throughout the whole server. You can tell who is in each regiment just by looking at them. This would make 104th the exception. How would you guys feel about this idea being thrown around to all the BCMD's and then reintroduced if they're ok with it on a server level. I don't want to ruin the uniform feeling of all regiments being identifiable regardless of battalion if possible. 

• Agree 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

Just now, Conrad said:

So I like the idea, but kinda looking at what stockings said, right now every regiment has the same general look throughout the whole server. You can tell who is in each regiment just by looking at them. This would make 104th the exception. How would you guys feel about this idea being thrown around to all the BCMD's and then reintroduced if they're ok with it on a server level. I don't want to ruin the uniform feeling of all regiments being identifiable regardless of battalion if possible. 

I get where you're coming from with the whole uniformity idea. I'd be pretty cool with that idea of it being reintroduced for the server if everybody agrees upon it! Just figured I'd throw this one out as it was a problem for atleast myself.

retirement is bliss

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wd5z54vl09nbbv1okw

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

I really like what Conrad said. But don't get this suggestion, you said "Heavy is failing because of the ugly helmet." So it makes no sense that you would just give it to HVO since that would just make no sense. I was aware of you changing the Heavy model, but changing the HVO model, I don't agree with. 

In addition, HVO is supposed to be a special regiment and in 104th you should be proud to be selected into a 3 person regiment. That being said why give those who are chosen to be above the normal Heavy and give them the very thing (The Model) that makes Heavy fail?

Edited by Slak
Adding
  • Agree 2

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Slak said:

I really like what Conrad said. But don't get this suggestion, you said "Heavy is failing because of the ugly helmet." So it makes no sense that you would just give it to HVO since that would just make no sense. I was aware of you changing the Heavy model, but changing the HVO model, I don't agree with. 

In addition, HVO is supposed to be a special regiment and in 104th you should be proud to be selected into a 3 person regiment. That being said why give those who are chosen to be above the normal Heavy and give them the very thing (The Model) that makes Heavy fail?

I don't believe he has ever said that the helmets are ugly it's just the model within itself is what makes them look lackluster with a Z6 than it would look cool, but with the model switched it would make the HVY models look badass with the Rocket Launcher. He doesn't mean for it to interpreted to give it the main reason for the regiment to fail, but it would be more of a lore reasoning onto the switch. HVO will never fail as well as it will always be a chosen regiment. (unless changed.) 

• Confused 1
5 hours ago, GuyonaWhim said:

I don't believe he has ever said that the helmets are ugly it's just the model within itself is what makes them look lackluster with a Z6 than it would look cool, but with the model switched it would make the HVY models look badass with the Rocket Launcher. He doesn't mean for it to interpreted to give it the main reason for the regiment to fail, but it would be more of a lore reasoning onto the switch. HVO will never fail as well as it will always be a chosen regiment. (unless changed.) 

In quote

"Heavy regiment is failing because most people who look to join it don't want to because the helmet is ugly"

Also in lore Thorn and Hardcase are the only ones with a normal helmet. Also as stated before, all battalion should receive this change not just 104th that would be really dumb to have it like that.

Just wanted to put that message out there but that's about all I have.

Also keep in mind if the change happens it happens I don't really care. Just don't like the fact that you are putting lore on a reason for a regiment dying, it's not lore or even how your helmet works, it's how you run it.

Edited by Slak

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

I agree with Conrad and Stockings on this I think this would work much better as a GAR wide thing, so I think I'll leave it to someone else to deal with going through all the BCMDs and I will void this suggestion. 

• Winner 2

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

Forum Admin

This suggestion has been VOIDED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums