Coreys (Ridges) GM Application

Corey

Name: Corey
SteamID: 
STEAM_0:0:101009643
Current Staff Rank: SA
Are you Currently a GH?: No but i used to be a GM
How long have you played on the server? [Hours]: like 500 not sure the exact number so probally more
From 1-10, what would you rate your knowledge of the Clone Wars?: 9 ive been here since 2017 
Do you understand that if you are inactive, you will be removed from the program?: I understand my lord

Why do you want to join the Gamemaster team?: I want to make server events to help out the community plus ive been GM before and thought it was cool making events and seeing the people of the server have fun doing them
Do you have any suggestions for the gamemaster team
?: Tbh idk how it was runned since 2017 but so far what ive seen things looking good the events are good aswell as the lore
Link us to a document for an event that you will execute as a gamemaster:
One of many ideas

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYAcZxMfK-h_at1P7cWj3Gz2rXrx_-nuodX8E3ZkRi0/edit

giphy.gif

Ex. 332nd Commander Vaughn

44 minutes ago, Eagle said:

What will you do when you dont get 6 event jobs for the event you are planning to do?

It can be done with 3 or even 2, just need one Commando And one Trando, it would be better rp with the entire 6 but other then that it can be done with smaller event jobs, I also changed it to 5 since 4 trandos seems a bit much.

Edited by Corey
little bit of fixes

giphy.gif

Not going to endorse or repudiate this App, but I'm afraid the event in my opinion is lacking so much meat to the sandwich. Not only do we need some more RP elements pre-made into the story of the event, there should be a vice versa ending for the event, where if the Commando droids capture the trandosians then there is an ending for that too. Events can't always be this single sided story, it should evolve WITH the event, but plan more than one finish for it depending on how it goes, events like these could lead to storylines that could be very fun and incapsulating. However that wont happen with such a small background to this possibly amazing story. Write a climax for the event, make this a full on effort to recreate an episode of the clone wars, those attempts are always turning out to be great events. 

I just feel like ive seen this before too many times and im gonna be frank, it doesn't interest me. For one, how would the trandosians find this republic base? Anaxis isnt near any major settlements so the trandos would have to legitimately search high and low for this military base. Civilians don't know every military base location, especially if theyre in remote places. So how a couple of refugees make it to a military base over say a republic city is baffling. Maybe have this turn into a rescue mission, for example:

"CIS Forces have lost control after a major prison break in the Outer Regions. Only two prisoners escaped in the end, both trandosians. They were last known to be on the run in a stolen CIS prison transport ship and it crash landed on none other than the Hutt Controlled Teth. The Hutts reached out to a Republic ambassador and a CIS ambassador with an offer to give the two Trandosian prisoners up for a good payment, and the side that would pay first or pay highest would gain the support of the Hutts until the Trandosians are out of the Hutt Space. The Republic reached out to Anaxis for a quick deployment due to the base's track record of successful operations. At the same time, the CIS Mobilized a massive droid army to help keep the Republic out of the area so they could secure the payment to the hutts and get their prisoners back. These prisoners both have extremely important CIS information they saw as construction workers during a new project the CIS has been working on, a secret weapon to stop the Republic at the borders to each controlled space. The Hutts leaked this information out to the Republic as an incentive for higher pay, and they told the CIS that the Republic knows for the same incentive. Tensions in this area are now very high, civilians are under stress, and it is up to the Republic to make sure they can secure these prisoners and get that information on the secret weapon so the war doesn't keep trending in favor of the CIS. Success is vital, and the Anaxis crew has been informed of a possible all out war with the CIS in Hutt space to get the credits to the Hutts. In order for the clones to be successful, they need to keep their ambassador safe from droids while they secure the credits to the Hutts. Should the republic succeed, they will have a significant advantage, and the Trandosians will be sent to Coruscant to live safely under witness protection until the CIS is no longer a threat to them. Should the Republic fail, the CIS will return the prisoners to the prison, before promptly executing them brutally in front of the rest of the prisoners in order to make a statement heard."

Just putting a bit of effort into the story alone gives players an emotional connection to the event, and thats what you want if you want to be a renown gamemaster. I hope this helped a bit. 
If the event remains the same, then i will have to give a -1 due to the fact that we have enough events that are not enough story, and just a lot of boom. Those are fun, but i wanna feel something from these events. The Clone Wars was the best Cartoon TV show I have ever seen, just from the emotional tugs it can pull on you.

otherwise, have a great day, and I hope to see the event spice up a bit!   

• Winner 3

ill be going ahead and redo my event idea i got a couple im going to share with deep detail 

On 9/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, Legacy said:

Not going to endorse or repudiate this App, but I'm afraid the event in my opinion is lacking so much meat to the sandwich. Not only do we need some more RP elements pre-made into the story of the event, there should be a vice versa ending for the event, where if the Commando droids capture the trandosians then there is an ending for that too. Events can't always be this single sided story, it should evolve WITH the event, but plan more than one finish for it depending on how it goes, events like these could lead to storylines that could be very fun and incapsulating. However that wont happen with such a small background to this possibly amazing story. Write a climax for the event, make this a full on effort to recreate an episode of the clone wars, those attempts are always turning out to be great events. 

I just feel like ive seen this before too many times and im gonna be frank, it doesn't interest me. For one, how would the trandosians find this republic base? Anaxis isnt near any major settlements so the trandos would have to legitimately search high and low for this military base. Civilians don't know every military base location, especially if theyre in remote places. So how a couple of refugees make it to a military base over say a republic city is baffling. Maybe have this turn into a rescue mission, for example:

"CIS Forces have lost control after a major prison break in the Outer Regions. Only two prisoners escaped in the end, both trandosians. They were last known to be on the run in a stolen CIS prison transport ship and it crash landed on none other than the Hutt Controlled Teth. The Hutts reached out to a Republic ambassador and a CIS ambassador with an offer to give the two Trandosian prisoners up for a good payment, and the side that would pay first or pay highest would gain the support of the Hutts until the Trandosians are out of the Hutt Space. The Republic reached out to Anaxis for a quick deployment due to the base's track record of successful operations. At the same time, the CIS Mobilized a massive droid army to help keep the Republic out of the area so they could secure the payment to the hutts and get their prisoners back. These prisoners both have extremely important CIS information they saw as construction workers during a new project the CIS has been working on, a secret weapon to stop the Republic at the borders to each controlled space. The Hutts leaked this information out to the Republic as an incentive for higher pay, and they told the CIS that the Republic knows for the same incentive. Tensions in this area are now very high, civilians are under stress, and it is up to the Republic to make sure they can secure these prisoners and get that information on the secret weapon so the war doesn't keep trending in favor of the CIS. Success is vital, and the Anaxis crew has been informed of a possible all out war with the CIS in Hutt space to get the credits to the Hutts. In order for the clones to be successful, they need to keep their ambassador safe from droids while they secure the credits to the Hutts. Should the republic succeed, they will have a significant advantage, and the Trandosians will be sent to Coruscant to live safely under witness protection until the CIS is no longer a threat to them. Should the Republic fail, the CIS will return the prisoners to the prison, before promptly executing them brutally in front of the rest of the prisoners in order to make a statement heard."

Just putting a bit of effort into the story alone gives players an emotional connection to the event, and thats what you want if you want to be a renown gamemaster. I hope this helped a bit. 
If the event remains the same, then i will have to give a -1 due to the fact that we have enough events that are not enough story, and just a lot of boom. Those are fun, but i wanna feel something from these events. The Clone Wars was the best Cartoon TV show I have ever seen, just from the emotional tugs it can pull on you.

otherwise, have a great day, and I hope to see the event spice up a bit!   

thank you for your opinion and ill be taking it into account and redoing the Event idea 

giphy.gif

Unfortunately, your application to become a Game Master has been DENIED.

You are allowed to reapply after 2 WEEKS from this date.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO GAME MASTER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...