Increasing GMod Render/Draw distance?

I got a new computer recently, and it seems my render distance has gone way down. In the picture below, I'm only able to see halfway through CY from inside the hangar when on my old PC, that was not the case. In the second picture, I'm not able to see the entirety of CY from the mountain top.

Is there a way to fix this? During events it's near impossible to see ships in the sky, or use a sniper at range. I searched around the internet and all I could find was using the commands "r_lod" and "r_screenfademaxsize", neither of which did anything. Maybe I'm just stupid and this is what it's supposed to look like, but I was able to see further before I switched to my new computer.

b20a61dc15213233f5c46bf18cc09329.jpg

c1d9ede733341fac5cb07f9183f5fded.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dinaric said:

That’s weird, have you changed your render distance in the game settings itself? 

Nope, there's not an option in the settings menu to change it. This is what my video settings are currently:

1ed3fd0c0ca6b106372c6ed0520f3c5e.png

I've tried lowering the quality of everything, as well as lowering fov, nothing in the video settings seems to help.

19 hours ago, Dinaric said:

Hmm, I thought there was an option to do that.

Okay, the last resort option is to try to go to your game folder/files on your PC, and you should find a file called “FactoryReset-GMod.bat”

Run the file, and it should reset everything.

However I do wanna forewarn you, this WILL delete everything such as your dupes, binds, addons, everything, so if you wanna make sure none of that stuff is gone, find a list of your binds doing the in-game command to show your binds, or find a “config” folder in the game files. I’ll have to make a directory when I get home but hopefully you kinda get it.

Tried this, and it did not help

Well most of the commands that are used to somewhat increase render distance are disabled since you need sv cheats on and the server of course doesnt have them on so id try to mess with your FOV since it messes with render distances sometimes and as well, it could possible the map itself, as well, it could be the map itself, but mine looks the same from where you are standing at and im assuming thats the default, but i dunno

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png