Rocksteady's Guild Leader Application

Rocksteady

Steam Name:  Synr.gg | TheCruchiestTaco21

RP Name: Rocksteady

RP Rank: Guild Leader

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:444841139

Experience: I have experience in leadership positions on both the server and in real life. In real life I was an EMT-B which is one of the people that ride in ambulances and have to respond to the locations of injured people. This IRL experience has taught me how to take command in stressful situations and use that to save the lives of my patients, meaning I am able to make decisions while under pressure. 

In terms of experience on the server, I have been in many high stress and high importance positions. These include: HA of the server, a job which entails overseeing the entire staff team as well as bringing in new staff and making sure they are familiar with the rules and expectations of the admins on the server. In addition to that I served as Guild Leader for the three months preceding this app. During which I was able to implement several changes that helped pull the Bounty Hunter Guild out of its funk.

One last thing in regards to experience is that I am the one that spearheaded the implementation of the Jedi Inquisitor subbranch, and while the trials may have changed, the fact that Tetra and I spent 2 days just making the docs for them alone, even if they have been updated and/or replaced entirely, still remains. I created a branch of the jedi, and I hope to continue to bring that same level of determination to The Guild

Why should you become Guild Leader?: I should become guild leader again because I was in the position before it became applicable and when I did so I managed to do several notable things. The first of which is perhaps a smaller achievement comparatively, to most but one I am happy with all the same, is the implementation of the clan contracting system, which allows a Clan of Bounty Hunters the ability to negotiate with a BCMD of a battalion to try and arrange a deal with that battalion to serve as an "outreach" of sorts. allowing them to participate in events as well as just engage in a more general RP with the battalion in question, and while this mechanic of Bounty Hunters is underused, it did open the doors to more passive RP, as well as contributing to the base permit system which now effectively lets people know whether they can enter the base or not.

Another reason that I should be guild leader is because I managed to bring The Guild from the brink of removal. When I became Guild Leader I was handed a listless and leaderless faction that had more talks of removal than I would care to admit, as there really wasn't anyone playing on it, and now, to borrow a phrase from Hades, "the activity comes and goes in waves." I agree to this point, but must state that when I began the activity was less of a "wave" and more of a "slowly draining kiddie pool," with sometimes entire days passing without people even being on. I will admit, however, that I didn't do it alone, as I did have my cabinet there beside me. I made the guild more active than it was when I started merely because I showed them that being a Bounty Hunter was more than just hunting interesting bounties then getting back on their clone. I showed them that being in The Guild was a unique opportunity to interact with the Republic in a brand new way, and that way focused more on RP and less so on the bounties themselves. In fact, if you look at the more active members within the guild, you will see that the majority of them do not attempt to go after bounties and instead just roleplay. The option to claim bounties was still there, but it didn't need to become the only draw into the guild. And obviously being on every day of the week save Saturday goes a long way towards other players wanting to play on their bounty hunter.

I also communicated with Sinister and Satan, and together we updated the old rules doc, which has been out of date for several months. The rules from before were old and clunky, with confusing verbiage and odd syntax, leading many to confusion as to what they were trying to say. These new rules are clear, concise, and consolidated, meaning that people wanting to read up on the rules don't need thirty tabs open in their browser. The reason these documents have taken so long to implement is because I wanted the feedback from the rest of the cabinet, as well as to ensure that the rules were as clear on their subject matter as they could be. Should they still be unclear then I would gladly rework them once more.

The final reason, or at least the last one I will put here, may just be the most important. It is that I only want to see The Guild grow and become better than it ever has been. The Guild is already in a better shape than it was when I began, and I would love the opportunity to remain at its helm for the next three months.

Availability: every day from 6pm est to 2am est except Saturdays, where I am not available at all due to existing plans and work.

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server: Guild Leader, Jedi Knight of Defense, Head Admin of the server, 327th Col back when they were still around, and I helped create the Investigator branch, even if it was a completely different version of the one you see today.

What do you feel the role of the Guild Leader is?: The role of the Guild Leader is to inspire RP within the guild, yes, but that is not his only purpose. He must also be willing to make hard decisions in the name of bettering The Guild. He also handles delegating task to the cabinet as well as ensuring that any changes that are made to The Guild are ran past the Directors. He is also responsible for coming up with new and creative ideas with which to better improve The Guild

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

How do you plan to improve relations between the guild and the server?: I plan to improve relations with the server by speaking to those with problems with The Guild what those problems are, diagnosing the symptoms, and moving to treat them. I am always willing to have my door open for those that wish to bring up a problem they have with the Guild. I am also aware that such issues can't always be figured out by just speaking to one person, it would require a lot of discussion not only with other players but High Staff and High Command. I intend to strengthen the bond between The Guild's Leadership, and that of the GAR as well as that of the server's

Do you understand that your position has a three month term?: Yes

In terms of Bounty Hunters, I think you've done a good job. From what I heard at the beginning of your term, it seemed like you let the directors take the reigns far too much and sat back (from my point of view). You've been active on the server, and doing a good job of making BH feel more natural to deal with. Both candidates would be good. +1

• Agree 1

hi.

5 minutes ago, Fyi said:

In terms of Bounty Hunters, I think you've done a good job. From what I heard at the beginning of your term, it seemed like you let the directors take the reigns far too much and sat back (from my point of view). You've been active on the server, and doing a good job of making BH feel more natural to deal with. Both candidates would be good. +1

yeah i will say that, that was mostly because i was just finding my footing, and figured they knew best. I did slowly learn to take leadership into my own hands and I will say i'm proud of the results

Edited by Rocksteady
spelling

+1

Edited by Dennis

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

GM Leadership

+1 Best of luck on the interview

I did things for the server. idk what you want from me.

59 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Your activity has been quite concerning Rocksteady, before I make a decision what can you say about that? Is your activity only rising now because you have to reapply?

my activity has been low recently due to some health issues that put me in the hospital, a while back. Ever since i've been back however ive tried to be on everyday. It's also possible that we have just missed each other because i work until 6 est, then i come home, eat, and relax a little before i get on the server meaning its about 8 est when i finally do get on.

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Unfortunately you have been DENIED for Guild Leader due to another candidate receiving the position 
You may reapply for another commander position in 30 days
//Moved to Denied