The "Leeroy Jenkins" of Star Wars RP

If there's a better term for it I'd like to know, but if you're unfamiliar, a "Leeroy Jenkins" is when an individual or group willingly throw themselves at the enemy, knowing they'll either die, or be severely wounded. Usually it's one person doing this, but sometimes it can be a small group. So in the context of the server, it would be someone who might have an RC shotgun or a flamethrower, who runs into a group of droids, hoping to get as many kills as possible before they die. The worst case I've seen is when someone places down a Tac Insert, does a Leeroy Jenkins, inevitably dies, then repeat the process until all of the droids are dead. 

I see it often as a Medic and I think the bottom-line is that there should be some sort of repercussions for this behavior, such as FailRP or something similar. In no circumstance would a Clone act like this (unless the situation is dire and a sacrifice is needed, but that's never the case on the server) This behavior also kills any sort of smart tactics a trooper/squad should be doing. You are a soldier, you and your squad/battalion should act like it and use your brains. People are generally pretty good about playing it smart during one-life events, but for events/encounters with unlimited lives and zero consequences, it becomes automatically O.K. for someone to act reckless. And since there are no consequences to this behavior except looking stupid in front of other people, it still persists.

Personally, when people do this, it completely takes me out of the RP and makes that person looks like a complete idiot. I know some other people feel the same way, but I don't have a server estimate. I understand that it's a lot of fun to act like a badass in front of people, but it's stupid behavior.

I don't see this as a battalion-specific issue, so don't take that route and digress the conversation.

This conversation could go deeper as to people having a hard-on for pressing left-click on their mouse rather than actually doing RP and actually using their brains, but I think that's a different topic in of itself. Originally I was going to make this as a suggestion, but I don't know how the community as a whole feels about the issue, or even sees it as one, so this post will be good feedback as to whether or not I or someone else should turn it into a suggestion. Sorry for the novel-length post , but this is what I've been feeling as of recent.

Edited by Johnson
  • Funny 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

If you’re a GM and have this problem, as it can ruin events, set traps and during your briefing (if you have one) give an rp explanation like there’s snipers who love to pick off lone wolves or something. 

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Back when synergy was branded as a seriousRP server we could’ve had something such as fearRP as a rule in which you have to value your life but it seems now people can just do this kinda stuff with no repercussions 

• Winner 1

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

Yeah I have noticed that people don't take value of life or even RP sometimes into account. I miss the old days lol

Current Architect of Shadows Master Cal Vossen | Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander