D3A Admin Mod

Rickle

Name: Rickle

RP Rank: SFC

Suggestion: So if you're a staff or have ever been a staff you know that when you try to use a staff command on yourself, e.x: !return, it doesn't work because you're not allowed to do anything to a staff rank above/the same as yours. I think that it would be beneficial if staff members could do things to their same rank, I still think they shouldn't be able to do things to higher ranks then them, but it would be helpful if you could return yourself using the commands. This would be especially helpful for NA's trying to help with a problem that they have to use !goto, the reason it would be helpful is because they cannot noclip out of there, they would have to either ask an A+ or walk all the way back to their location they were at previously.

Implementation: Make this possible for all staff ranks

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

:pepe5head:im retraded:pepe5head:

Hello.  I’m pretty sure they made it this way because (as far as i know) if you allow it for the same ranks as you, it allows it for any rank above you as well. 

a simple work around that they probably haven’t told you is that the “!send” command works for any rank (yes even founder) and can be used to send or bring yourself anywhere (WITH PERMISSION) 

The !send command will send one player to another player, what if it was downtime and you were off planet by yourself, then you couldn't send yourself to that planet, you would have to pick a player. If you used the send command to take yourself back to another place it would be the exact same as using the command !goto

Ron put a lot of work into our current system while dealing with people constant bugging the shit out of him.  You would be throwing away all that work. 

It’s also worth noting that D3A is a private thing.  Soooo...

Edited by Zensras
  • Agree 2

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

2 hours ago, Zensras said:

Ron put a lot of work into our current system while dealing with people constant bugging the shit out of him.  You would be throwing away all that work. 

-1, even though I'm not staff, Ron most likely did put a ton of time towards this current system.

15 hours ago, Rickle said:

Name: Rickle

RP Rank: SFC

Suggestion: So if you're a staff or have ever been a staff you know that when you try to use a staff command on yourself, e.x: !return, it doesn't work because you're not allowed to do anything to a staff rank above/the same as yours. I think that it would be beneficial if staff members could do things to their same rank, I still think they shouldn't be able to do things to higher ranks then them, but it would be helpful if you could return yourself using the commands. This would be especially helpful for NA's trying to help with a problem that they have to use !goto, the reason it would be helpful is because they cannot noclip out of there, they would have to either ask an A+ or walk all the way back to their location they were at previously.

Implementation: Make this possible for all staff ranks

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

Did you talk to highstaff? 

probably not because the suggestion is up.

• Funny 2

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

-1 The current system we have now is fine, it was designed so we don't have people bother same rank or high rank people.I suggest you trey to learn more about how our staff system works on the server so you can better yourself.

Edited by Rackarain
12 hours ago, Zensras said:

It’s also worth noting that D3A is a private thing.  Soooo...

You wouldn't be throwing it all away, you would keep the admin system. All you would do is make it so staff ranks could do things to their own rank, not anything higher though. I don't understand how this could be a downside when all it does is help admins return to previous location/use commands on themselves.

-1 system is fine now honestly just remove new admin and either admin or nothing can still have the trial period. 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

• Retired Founder

D3A uses a weighted value system, similar to TeamSpeak. Any values EQUAL or GREATER than you, cannot be run.

Unfortunately, running commands on yourself was never intended as the original admin mod was created for DarkRP, which is more prevalent to abuse.

It cannot be changed, sorry.

z5dGuiK.gif