Mitchell | Fizzik | Pythin - Korm's Order 66

Name: Mitchell | Fizzik | Pythin

Who helped (If applicable):  Zen, Atlex, Bruise, Pythin.

Event Name: Korm's Order 66

Summary of the story: The events of Order 66 took place, with Mace windu taking a squad of jedi to arrest palpatine, who is stopped and killed by Anakin. Afterwards, Palpatine issued order 66 and the jedi where purged. Afterwards, the clone rebellion on Kamino began, Sidious send the forces on the base to attack it while half of the defectors defended it as the clone rebels. With the defender victorious, they attacked Anaxes and Null captured, then executed Sidious in his own office.

What was the result of the event?: Palpatine was killed after the great purge. Everyone had a good time.

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: Both.

Story:  - (The storyline of the event)  

Execution:  - (Flow/Timing)

Game Mechanics - (Spawning/map utilization/Ej’s) 

Overall: [Rating] - [Reason]

Story: [Rating] - [Reason]

Execution: [Rating] - [Reason]

Game Mechanics: [Rating] - [Reason]

On this AAR I also wanna apologize for a lot of difficulties we faced with getting the event started and some mistakes we made with choices that perhaps where not the best.
Thank you guys for participating and having what fun you could.

Edited by Mitchell
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

1/4 The start was great kinda scuffed due to younglings not listening, but the deployment that was on Kamino... Without going into to much detail unless DM'd by the GMs there was several major issues leading to most people either leaving or giving up, sadly myself as part of them giving up. Other than that loved it as my first O66 event.

1/4. We had to wait an hour and a half for action to start for us. Just wasn't worth the wait in my opinion. The other stuff was fun (Really just the killing the Jedi part), but not enough to make up for the sitting around and doing nothing bit for nearly two hours. Not to mention the super long wait on Kamino as well.

Edited by PartiallyBeast
  • Agree 1

2/4 Anaxes was fine. When it came to the Kamino rebellion it was not. The attackers had limited lives and a huge open space to cover while the defenders had unlimited lives and a massive defensive position. The average attacker got maybe a kill once it was all said and done.

1/4 

Throughout this event there was a Start at the temple raid which was actually pretty good and was actually not bad compared to the last two parts.

The kamino deployment which broke A LOT of lore and was personally a shit show from everything going on in OOC and TS

The last part Palpatine died which ugh Order 35 happened more lore broken and just wasn't very fun but i felt could've done better overall.

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

3/4 Taking into account all the set-backs you guys had, the event for the most part was pretty fun, lots of action,  lots of shoot em ups and an awesome temple charge. I wish it would have been a bit more organized and timely but In the end I had plenty of fun. Keep up the good work! <3 

1st part: 2.5/4=Kinda boring, really delayed, korm wasnt palp, not much jedi. I know you cant control the stuff but still

2nd part: 1/4= Absolute shit for the attackers side. Literary no places to hide/ take cover, couldve spawned a couple props for us attackers, the attackers literary had a sightline at our spawn exit so the props would have been nice, only way to actually kill was just staying in spawn and sniping. Its not very hard to just spawn a couple props and so the attackers were just running in the open while they got shot. The lives thing was stupid at the start and I know it changed later but still rarded. The mines were hilarious doe, only reason this is a 1 and not a 0

3rd part 2/4= Crashed and ended fast ik it was out of your control

Overall=2/4, the second part ruined it for me
I know you tried your best as a lot of people canceled

Edited by Etc1440

4/4 I'm the real MVP of the event. Came up with a plan to keep Etain alive, Came up with some of our defensive positions, Tied with Darman for most kills at 43 Came up with the plan to enter Anaxes base, and killed the Chancellor

Edited by Venom/TJ
  • Winner 1

1/4 Hate to be that guy buut I gotta be honest. 1st part was alright, a little boring but can't do much about it. 2nd part was absolute aids for the attackers, no cover, can't see the defenders spawn but defenders could watch ours. Basically you walk out and if you were lucky enough to not get sniped by the 23 people with two tap sniper rifles you had cloaked jedi and not uncloaking around RC taking them out. Even then if you made it Passed the cloaked mess you were then just clapped by the men behind cover whilst you struggle to find any. 3rd part was alright, he didn't have any GH's so its understandable that it was super short. 

Edited by Teaa
  • Agree 1

The only Wrecker that embraced his largeness. 

2/4 For the first portion of the event with is killing the jedi in the temple that was pretty standard of how it went but when we swapped to the PVP side of the event it was a full cluster fuck with people being killed from spawn barely able to leave spawn without dying. No cover was layed out before us and we had only limited lifes while we died from someone who had a sniper rifle and were literally a pixel on our screen. With the mass amount of mines placed at our spawn at the bottom of the ramp right off the bat I was hit with like 10 fps which I normally run around 70-100 which was ridiculous. Overall I had no fun what so ever at all during the pvp and neither did my battalion we were all very upset on how it played out. But for an order 66 event Im giving it a 1/4 compared to others I've participated in and definitely needs improvement.

Edited by Unkindled
Banned

4/4 I know all the circumstances that you had to go through. Setting this up within ours and executing it well I think deserves merit on its own.

2/4 I loved the idea of it, and I had my fair share of fun, but my god did many parts feel IMPOSSIBLE to complete. I don't know how the attacking team got 10 extra lives, but yeah. I say next time, limit the defending team's lives, since they are the ones that are supposed to lose.

Shout out to all the 501st, the ARC medics and that one Alpha ARC with the sick strafes, and Fixer for having the biggest cojones - all of yall had insane amounts of pure courage and pushed up with me and we made it pretty far. 
And shout out to that one 21st putting up the middle finger and being our personal checkpoint. That was a laugh and a half.

• Friendly 1

1/4

Here is why

1. The jedi thing went how it normally does can't change much there is your 1 it's fun to kill jedi 

2. It was a scuffed 30 minute wait to deploy with nothing else going on

3. The teams where unbalanced and defenders had a clear advantage with being able to look into attackers spawn, mines more than i can count, jedi spawn camping and killing us before we could do anything.  

when one of the GMs says yea it was scuffed but its whatever ya its a no from me dog

• Agree 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

22 minutes ago, Dennis said:

when one of the GMs says yea it was scuffed but its whatever ya its a no from me dog

To clarify, I meant the circumstances surrounding the event was scuffed.
Also, the 30 minute delay was due to us having to get approval for me to go on the Palpatine Job because Korm wasn't able to show up due to his ISP having maintenance right as it was supposed to start; as well as me trying to join the main server while it was full so we could get stuff started on main with the RP.
Hopefully that clears some stuff up, thanks for the feedback also use the format above to leave rating on the other aspects if you wish to

• Informative 1

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

To be honest most order 66 events are complete ass. Other than Qals but the was planned out for a very long time. The best events that can be done is have a plan event with props and stuff that makes everything look much better. I.e my best events ever hosted with the Battle for Anaxes and 2nd Battle for Geno. Which Jagger is the only I know that was there for both. Other than that I will give it a 2-4. I know this don't mean anything other to find the average in the sheet. If you know what i'm talking about then you know I'm right. 

-Love KillJoy old motherfucka that is dumb 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

13 hours ago, KillJoy said:

To be honest most order 66 events are complete ass. Other than Qals but the was planned out for a very long time. The best events that can be done is have a plan event with props and stuff that makes everything look much better. I.e my best events ever hosted with the Battle for Anaxes and 2nd Battle for Geno. Which Jagger is the only I know that was there for both. Other than that I will give it a 2-4. I know this don't mean anything other to find the average in the sheet. If you know what i'm talking about then you know I'm right. 

-Love KillJoy old motherfucka that is dumb 

They also had each GM team make each event for Qal's.
Ours was 2 people running it with 2 GHs lol
Next time though, hopefully we will get more planning time and I will be able to get the teams to come together to make something similar to Qal's with the 3 deployments over 3 days.

Before I start, I experienced Order 66 as, One of the Jedi with Mace Windu, as a Jedi after the Order went through, as a 212th Defending Kamino, and as a 212th during Order 65 only to crash RIGHT when the Door opened on the final part!

Part 1 - Build Up

----------

Personally, I hopped on a Half hour before Six, which meant that I didn't have to Queue for the Server, but, it still felt like a Queue. I'm not one to Hold issues behind the Red Curtain against the GM's, but this Event had something that a lot of Events easily lack, atmosphere. Often, it feels like we're thrust into a Sudden Attack just like the day before, but the Feeling around the base felt immersive for the experience. The Clones lined up, clearly on Edge, those that didn't Grouped up to prepare. Jedi paced back and forth, feeling the Tension crawling along the Temple. While the Setup took longer than expected, the Results ended up being Fantastic!

While I understand Frustration with Metagaming, I didn't see anything come close. In the Waning Days of the end of the Clone Wars, Droids were slower, something noticeable by many. While the Magufin Relic under the Temple Clouded the Jedi's Judgement over Palpy, we could tell that something was wrong. 

Part 2 - A Sideous Stroll
----------------

The Walk through Courcant felt wrong, in a good way. We tried to make Banter, but, we were all on Edge. Just like in the Story, we had a chance to put an end to this, after all this time, IC and Out, we had a chance to Put an End to this Bastard's Puppet mastering. The Senate Guards felt Eerily Vacant, Two Prime Examples of what was about to happen to countless clones. I opted for the one on the Left, Deflecting his Shots with ease, only to see a Split Second of Velvet. I didn't stand a chance, Entity Barely held up, only for Mace to be the Last one Standing. I didn't get to see the Rest of the fight, the last thing I saw before everything went Dark, was Mace Windu pinned in a Corner. 

From a Gameplay Perspective, it felt Unfair, but from a Narrative Perspective, It couldn't have been better. This wasn't just the Chancellors Domain, it was his Office. After years of Waiting, prepping, he finally had his chance to Inact the Fight that had been going through his head for so long. Often, it's hard to have Narrative and Gameplay mesh together well, especially in an Event this big. While this was the Low end of Gameplay, it only got better. 

Part 3 - Getting Executed
---------------
spacer.png

Despite this, being the Meat and Potatoes of the Event, or at least the intended part, it felt extremely quick. Personally, I think this can be attributed to attempted Limitations on the Event before hand. Initially, we were told that Diamond Storm was barred and would result in an AOS as well as Potential Removal from the Event, which then brought Permaweapons into Question, as well as other Weaponry. 

The Result was
-Diamond Storm is allowed
-Rockets are not allowed
-Don't use High Effect Force Powers due to Lag

Despite this, I heard people think Diamond Storm was still a big No No halfway through the March, even though the March got shredded by Diamond Storm. Rockets were instantly fired into the Temple, as well as throughout the Event, and we had a few Lag Spikes with suspected causes. I'm not saying this because I want Justice to be done about it, my point is that Communication had quite a few Missteps. 

Personally, as someone who played a Rocket Trooper for quite some time, the lack of being able to use my Rockets is something that I would be quite frustrated with, something the Jedi also Experienced. I understand that the GM's word is Law when it comes to Events, but, I'd talk to the People you're Limiting before hand, before making a Blanket Rule, even if you don't intend on changing it. 

While I didn't last long, I did manage to be one of the Remaining Temple Hold outs, only to be Caught by a 41st and Promptly Murked by Fixer. I tried switching to an Astromech, but I ended up getting caught by the same 41st, and Fixer. After some RP,  I ended up getting Gunned down by the 41st while typing a /Me, something that a few other people had an issue with. Personally, I doubt it could be helped. 

Part 4 - Long Live the Republic!!
----------------

This, is where my main Complaints with Part 2 ended up getting Resolved in a way I couldn't have dreamed of. Like with Uncle Palpy and Courcant, Kamino is the closest thing we have to compare. 212th, SOBDE [Excluding some Alpha's and Delta], 41st, and 104th worked together to Defend Kamino. This, was by far one of my Favorite Gmod Experiences yet, and it's one I wont soon forget. This is the part that seems to have gotten this event some hot takes. Personally, from my Understanding the main problem people seem to have is Unbalanced and the Inability to use PermaWeapons, which as a Standard 212th Trooper, I can wholeheartedly understand where they're coming from. What I can't understand, is the Salt radiating from the Assaulting forces. 

What I said earlier, about Limiting Weaponry applies here as well, and while this is a Biased Victor here, I don't think the Attackers are right in calling it Unfair, but I think that's what made this so Enjoyable. The Empire, had Plot Armor, they had Vader, and they nearly beat the Objective, which made the Victory all the more Glorious. As fun as it is to Poke fun at a Particular Salty Reg, I think it's best we move past this. 

Final Part - Overall 
---------

The DB felt awkward, quiet even, at least until Bro dropped his Mic. We had a lot of people here, experience their first Order 66 Event, but, in the back of my head something nagged me during that entire DB, this might be our Last Order 66 Event, at least to this level. From my Simple Understanding, we're no longer having a Palpy Term, and while Korm and a few others can hop on the Whitelist, him not being there only added to the Weight of this Event. 

It's always Weird when people say Gmod is a Dying Game, especially considering how long people have been saying it, but events like this remind me what I like about Gmod so much, in a time when I needed it dearly, As many Faults as Gmod has, It being Player Driven allows for people to truly get what they want out of it. This Event, wasn't perfect, but, it was a Damn fine Event, and one worth all the hype. While it's a Shame we didn't get to Firing Line Uncle Palpy, who can blame SOBDE for trying to be Special?

My Advice, is to Work on Learning how to apply Restrictions better, have more Communication, and embrace Player Impact like you did with this Event. The Amount of times I Watch the Base get attacked, makes me want to Uninstall Gmod, but Events like this have a Special Place in my Heart, and keep Gmod on my Hard Drive. 

8/10 

• Winner 2
  • Friendly 1
14 minutes ago, Lens said:

Before I start, I experienced Order 66 as, One of the Jedi with Mace Windu, as a Jedi after the Order went through, as a 212th Defending Kamino, and as a 212th during Order 65 only to crash RIGHT when the Door opened on the final part!

Part 1 - Build Up

----------

Personally, I hopped on a Half hour before Six, which meant that I didn't have to Queue for the Server, but, it still felt like a Queue. I'm not one to Hold issues behind the Red Curtain against the GM's, but this Event had something that a lot of Events easily lack, atmosphere. Often, it feels like we're thrust into a Sudden Attack just like the day before, but the Feeling around the base felt immersive for the experience. The Clones lined up, clearly on Edge, those that didn't Grouped up to prepare. Jedi paced back and forth, feeling the Tension crawling along the Temple. While the Setup took longer than expected, the Results ended up being Fantastic!

While I understand Frustration with Metagaming, I didn't see anything come close. In the Waning Days of the end of the Clone Wars, Droids were slower, something noticeable by many. While the Magufin Relic under the Temple Clouded the Jedi's Judgement over Palpy, we could tell that something was wrong. 

Part 2 - A Sideous Stroll
----------------

The Walk through Courcant felt wrong, in a good way. We tried to make Banter, but, we were all on Edge. Just like in the Story, we had a chance to put an end to this, after all this time, IC and Out, we had a chance to Put an End to this Bastard's Puppet mastering. The Senate Guards felt Eerily Vacant, Two Prime Examples of what was about to happen to countless clones. I opted for the one on the Left, Deflecting his Shots with ease, only to see a Split Second of Velvet. I didn't stand a chance, Entity Barely held up, only for Mace to be the Last one Standing. I didn't get to see the Rest of the fight, the last thing I saw before everything went Dark, was Mace Windu pinned in a Corner. 

From a Gameplay Perspective, it felt Unfair, but from a Narrative Perspective, It couldn't have been better. This wasn't just the Chancellors Domain, it was his Office. After years of Waiting, prepping, he finally had his chance to Inact the Fight that had been going through his head for so long. Often, it's hard to have Narrative and Gameplay mesh together well, especially in an Event this big. While this was the Low end of Gameplay, it only got better. 

Part 3 - Getting Executed
---------------
spacer.png

Despite this, being the Meat and Potatoes of the Event, or at least the intended part, it felt extremely quick. Personally, I think this can be attributed to attempted Limitations on the Event before hand. Initially, we were told that Diamond Storm was barred and would result in an AOS as well as Potential Removal from the Event, which then brought Permaweapons into Question, as well as other Weaponry. 

The Result was
-Diamond Storm is allowed
-Rockets are not allowed
-Don't use High Effect Force Powers due to Lag

Despite this, I heard people think Diamond Storm was still a big No No halfway through the March, even though the March got shredded by Diamond Storm. Rockets were instantly fired into the Temple, as well as throughout the Event, and we had a few Lag Spikes with suspected causes. I'm not saying this because I want Justice to be done about it, my point is that Communication had quite a few Missteps. 

Personally, as someone who played a Rocket Trooper for quite some time, the lack of being able to use my Rockets is something that I would be quite frustrated with, something the Jedi also Experienced. I understand that the GM's word is Law when it comes to Events, but, I'd talk to the People you're Limiting before hand, before making a Blanket Rule, even if you don't intend on changing it. 

While I didn't last long, I did manage to be one of the Remaining Temple Hold outs, only to be Caught by a 41st and Promptly Murked by Fixer. I tried switching to an Astromech, but I ended up getting caught by the same 41st, and Fixer. After some RP,  I ended up getting Gunned down by the 41st while typing a /Me, something that a few other people had an issue with. Personally, I doubt it could be helped. 

Part 4 - Long Live the Republic!!
----------------

This, is where my main Complaints with Part 2 ended up getting Resolved in a way I couldn't have dreamed of. Like with Uncle Palpy and Courcant, Kamino is the closest thing we have to compare. 212th, SOBDE [Excluding some Alpha's and Delta], 41st, and 104th worked together to Defend Kamino. This, was by far one of my Favorite Gmod Experiences yet, and it's one I wont soon forget. This is the part that seems to have gotten this event some hot takes. Personally, from my Understanding the main problem people seem to have is Unbalanced and the Inability to use PermaWeapons, which as a Standard 212th Trooper, I can wholeheartedly understand where they're coming from. What I can't understand, is the Salt radiating from the Assaulting forces. 

What I said earlier, about Limiting Weaponry applies here as well, and while this is a Biased Victor here, I don't think the Attackers are right in calling it Unfair, but I think that's what made this so Enjoyable. The Empire, had Plot Armor, they had Vader, and they nearly beat the Objective, which made the Victory all the more Glorious. As fun as it is to Poke fun at a Particular Salty Reg, I think it's best we move past this. 

Final Part - Overall 
---------

The DB felt awkward, quiet even, at least until Bro dropped his Mic. We had a lot of people here, experience their first Order 66 Event, but, in the back of my head something nagged me during that entire DB, this might be our Last Order 66 Event, at least to this level. From my Simple Understanding, we're no longer having a Palpy Term, and while Korm and a few others can hop on the Whitelist, him not being there only added to the Weight of this Event. 

It's always Weird when people say Gmod is a Dying Game, especially considering how long people have been saying it, but events like this remind me what I like about Gmod so much, in a time when I needed it dearly, As many Faults as Gmod has, It being Player Driven allows for people to truly get what they want out of it. This Event, wasn't perfect, but, it was a Damn fine Event, and one worth all the hype. While it's a Shame we didn't get to Firing Line Uncle Palpy, who can blame SOBDE for trying to be Special?

My Advice, is to Work on Learning how to apply Restrictions better, have more Communication, and embrace Player Impact like you did with this Event. The Amount of times I Watch the Base get attacked, makes me want to Uninstall Gmod, but Events like this have a Special Place in my Heart, and keep Gmod on my Hard Drive. 

8/10 

i was not there but i appreciate that this man wrote a small thesis on the event. I love it. Beautiful. If this man says it's 8/10 it truly is 8/10

• Friendly 3

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

Aight, I am gonna slap this with a 4/4, for some reasons I am gonna list below.

First of all, this six hour event was done by THREE GM/GHs. THREE. Thats it. They were given basically one night to prepare, with really no other support due to IRL issues popping up with the others who were going to help. For the manpower they had and the toxicity that is forever present somewhere in the playerbase, they did fantastic.

Secondly, the atmosphere of just teeth-clenching tension was present everywhere. As an Alpha, the Anaxes portion saw me regrouping with Null, attempting to get as many Jedi to safety as we could. As for the defense on Kamino, 212th and SOBDE had joined up in one channel, and while we were joking around, there was still a bit of tension bleeding through the jokes and strategy we were discussing. To be honest, while some people were saying there was no stress from the defense side, the way everyone would panic or get super serious any time one of the attackers got even remotely close to our section begs to differ. For us, everything was was either tense quiet or loud stress, as we had the chance to change probably the saddest moment in the Star Wars cinematic universe, even if it was only an event.

Finally, the chaos. While many people like events to super organized and smooth, lets be perfectly honest: When was the Clone Wars ever smooth? Every battle sees clones dying in droves, sometimes in really brutal ways. This event felt exactly how it should: chaotic.

Now, to address a couple of the complaints that I completely disagree with.

LORE: Bruh, if lore is gonna be your biggest problem, none of you besides 501st should have stormed the temple, and half of the battalions and sub units on the server wouldn't exist, either cause they aren't lore or they wouldn't be stuck in this base. 

UNFAIR KAMINO: Aight, first of all, how in the fresh hell do you expect them to test this shit in advance? They don't know what we as players are capable of. Considering how 41st, DU, and 212th were put onto the defending side since we literally only had the lore characters, some of SOBDE, and some of the Alphas, there isn't much the GMs could do to monitor the player numbers, since people in the same battalions were on opposite sides of the battle. I am not even gonna talk about the people who had to be kicked because of rule breaking, because that is a whole other bowl of shit pudding. In terms of strategy, of course attackers had a hard time breaching the the final cache, our entire team was there and no attackers were using the flank route to get behind us. Even with cloakers on your side, RC gunned them down purely because they tried to walk right in as if we didn't have people who could see cloak. No one was guaranteed to win this event, which seems to be the problem for some. Some people thought they would win purely because it is lore that the Clone Rebellion gets wiped out on Kamino. Sorry to burst that bubble, but the fact you were expecting to win might just be why you lost. Finally, I do want to give credit to the saints on Attackers, who have to deal with being lumped in with the Salty batch just because they were attackers. Some of y'all get everything salt free, dropped GGs after the event, didn't complain once. Those of you who are one of those saints, I salute you. You are the people that the GMs try to make their best events for.

As for some others, who's toxicity ranges off the charts, y'all wonder why you don't get interesting or new styles of deployments that haven't been tested?

Just being brutally honest.

• Friendly 1

The guy who got drunk and pretended to be a vacuum for an hour