Satan Staff Report

RP Name: Racnor ARC ENGL SFC Satan

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:60059784

Staff member you are reporting: Zen 

Staff Members Steam ID (If applicable): STEAM_0:0:9350725

Staff Members Wrong-Doing: Using OOC methods to arrest IC actions. This is resulting in Zen META-Gaming

Explain the situation: Allegedly two CT's stole AT-RT (which should have been despawned  a while ago. Were int he hanger hours before this incident.)  and took them out of the base. Zen put out an IC AOS on both the CT's which resulted in them to getting arrested. I am not upset with the arrest I am upset with the way the information was obtained. If you want Zen to set a good example he should also be held to the standard of not META-Gaming like the rest of us.

Evidence (If applicable): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UeDAEKt8AJNO2u3UEiIYF4BxluJTFigBDRH5BbMWvjQ/edit?usp=sharing

-1 Staff are allowed to use spectate to call aos, you can think it as cctvs and were monitoring them.Its to ensure that people cant break rules when cg or anyone isnt around, We are always watching to keep peace and ensure the rules are enforced.

Edited by Rackarain
  • Agree 2

He asked me if he could AOS while in spectate, which I told him if he saw people breaking rules CG can handle its fine. Zen saw some Mingey people on the server who stole the AT-RTs and spamming the N word in Chat, so he AOS'd them and had them banned by Rackarain. There are no Rules against using a staff ability to keep an eye on people.

iHcOMjT.jpg

UJVTYmS.jpg

I93Q8h8.jpg

- Screenshots from Zen's Side

-1 staff reporting a staff member for doing staff work against 2 CT's that were up to no good. 

You should first talk to an HA+ first before making a report or you might look like a goob on the forums. 

• Agree 1

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

So....If someone were to RDM you and You asked Staff to Check Kill logs as proof cause no one was around....Wouldn't that be the same as oh I don't know...using spectate to be sure that they actually did something wrong?

Just Saying.....

-1 Zen did nothing wrong in this Situation.

Omega Three-Six "Darman"| "Blood for the Blood God!"

spacer.png

• Retired Founder

Excuse me what?

Looking at the situation, the staff member in question dealt with people that had come onto the server that were causing nothing but issues and followed protocol and staff training to remove the people from the server to allow people to get back to enjoying the server.

The staff member, utilized a tool in which he was entrusted to be able to help handle a situation, in this case using spectating to gather evidence.

In this specific case, the staff member chose to allow Coruscant Guard to fulfil their purpose on the server by arresting them for a minor rulebreak. What you are saying by reporting this, is essentially "The rule isn't broken if nobody sees it happen" which is completely absurd.

As an alternative, Zen could have handled the situation himself and arrested the offenders as a staff member but this would have interfered with the Coruscant Guard and make them being on the server almost pointless.

@traditional and I have discussed the situation at length and both agree that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this situation.

Thread Locked
Moved to: Completed

• Agree 1
  • Winner 9