Hero - infected venator

Hero

Name: Hero

Who helped (If applicable):n/a

Event Name: Infected Venator

Summary of the story: The republic sent out a task force to search the Venator after losing contact. They discovered these canisters and an acolyte.

What was the result of the event?: Republic blew up the ship due to the acolyte letting go of the button

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: Shoot em up with medic and prisoner RP

d9f249f35937db020ed6d92e3ba44fae.png

• Retired Founder

My main issue with this event was the lack of things to do towards the latter half of the event, personally Omega Squad ran through the entire Venator about 3x before returning to the Brig and found nothing. Although this seems to be a lack of help as it seems as though you did this entire event alone.

You had a solid idea and was perfect for the purpose of the event and was fun for the most part. 9/10 :)

• Friendly 1
  • Management
Management

7/10 Was fun

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

7/10!

From the posts before mine, it's clear that you didn't have a lot of help, although you should've had more that's not the subject at hand. The Original Plan, from my understanding, didn't go as planned at all! For a while, we had started to get the feeling that our Strike team, didn't have a chance of getting Deployed today, but you came in, and swiped us up like a God Damn GM Angel. The Event went by a little fast for me, but, I had a lot of stuff going on in the background, that didn't help. Now, let's discuss more of the Gritty Details!

Map and Mission!:

The Map, for what it's worth, is amazing. I'm glad that it ended up getting added to the Rotation, it's absolutely stunning! Maybe my Intel ended up being a little Bad Mission wise, but, it didn't exactly make a lot of sense. Now, I opted to hang back, and use my Nifty force Magic for most of the Mission, which ended up leading me to get lost more than I'd personally care to admit. There ended up being a lot of Confusion about what the hell we needed to do, where we needed to go, and so on. This likely would've been a lot more easier to handle if you had more assistance with Spawning and such. 

I will say however, that with those Issues in particular, it's a little surprising that the event ended up being as Streamlined as it was! I think the Bats that assisted, as well as the nature of the event, ended up helping in the long run. Rancor and 21st don't need a lot of Hand Holding, SOBDE does their own thing in conjuncture with the rest typically, and the Jedi's involvement turned out to be more of a Eval of our Strike team. I look forward to more events, and hopefully deployments from you, you're clearly either experienced or a God damn Natural!

Personal Perspective:

As stated previously, I stayed back with the Medics and Healers for the first half, so much so that I'm not sure if I even killed a single Droid. I know that the Combat ended up being light, but, I feel like it might've been better if instead of Light Infantry, it ended up being a more Eerie Deployment. With the Choice of Map, and the seemingly Random Sith that I had the Liberty of attempting to convert, Arresting, and Failing horribly at any Roll involving him, I can't help feel as if there's more left to be desired, more to the story. Now, this could be done on another Event, or maybe even a Sequel, or not at all! But, i'd like to make a Suggestion on how to Improve on this Event. 

Suggestion:

Part of what worked well with this Map, is the Atompshere. One Look out the Window at Spawn, and you could feel it. The Venator itself, felt massive, Expansive, it lived and breathed the Republic, something most Venator maps dont. My Suggestion, is to play on the Mindset of the Acolyte, "Survive". The Pink Haired Sith, as intresting as it was, didn't make an Appearance. Instead of Random Droids that seem out of place, why not finding the Bodies of Countless Acolytes? Something that Sith don't typically show in Events, is their Calculated, and deceptive manners and methods. 

Maybe the Deployed Troopers and Jedi, are surprised Contestants in a Twisted Game of Sith Survival? It would push the Differences between Jedi and Trooper Methods a subject that's already a hot one. The Troopers would go from room to room, attempting to find the Host, while the Acolyte, waits silently, to take out the Final threat in his way from becoming an Apprentice of the Host. Returning to previous Rooms only causes you to find the Fallen Acolytes bodies have gone missing, adding to the Element of more being at hand than meets the eye. 

Upon finding the Acolyte, the Consulars rush in to attempt to Convert him before it's too late, likely to the dismay of the Troopers being told to go back. Should the Strike team manage to convert the Acolyte, they have a new Ally, one they'll need when it's time to escape. Like Ragnos before him, the Pink Haired Sith has discovered a way to fuel his Power in a Cruel and disturbing way, through the fallen of Battle. The Fallen Acolytes from before, rise again, as Mindless as the Hopefully Converted Acolyte. Should we have Converted the Acolyte, the Converted Sith tears the Fallen apart with ease, still no match for the Survivor. 

Converting the Sith, is stressed in this Suggestion, because it's a Vital part of the Strike team, and it'd still help Eval us on one of our Main functions. This also Switches the Latter half, with the Former half. Something like this, uses the Unfamiliar Map to the Events advantage, effectively starting off with a Sweep and clear.While the Troops might feel Ancy at first [The Only big issue people seem to have], the latter half would likely be Blood Pumping. The One life aspect only adding to the "Survive" aspect of the Deployment. The Small Numbers of the Deployment, mixed with the Strike Teams would only serve to make this Deployment feel more Dire. 

Every fallen Brother, puts the Mission more and more at Risk, losing the Converted Sith would be a massive blow should it happen even if not to the Sith himself. While the Ending might be a bit more difficult, I don't think we'd have any Complaints. 

TLDR:
7/10 Did what it needed to do, did better than it likely would've ordinary, but left more to be desired.