Alternate accounts?

So I’m sitting here on the bus and I was wondering if you guys had any weird encounters with alt accounts?

A few years back when me and @ Marvelfirst met on Halo. There was a dude named “That one Nord”. It all started when he joined the discord and was looking for a clan to get started in etc. So after developing a decent friendship with Marvel and Nord, Marvel had to leave for a little why due to IRL shit. So, It was me, myself and Marvel’s friends and Nord. Nord eventually became a “regular” in our friend group and would play often with us, unknown to me. Nord was dropping subtle hints at who he really was, A couple months of getting to know the guy. My friend drags me into a party and is like “Dude, Nord is Wade!” (What we use to call marvel at the time due to his gamer tag) Anyway; Turns out Marvel had a little alter ego and managed to keep us off his tracks and fooled us into believing Nord was a real person. Man would throw subtle hints into pictures and would randomly talk quietly when we weren't listening. some of the lads ended up liking “Nord” more than they did Marvel and it was pretty funny. We’d talk to Marvel about Nord being this cool you and Marvel would sometimes have conversations with himself on the group discord. Fucking weirdo. Little shit managed to keep it up for about eight months too.

Edited by Tinovious
  • Friendly 1

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

• Management
Management

Bruh why u doxing me like that lol

spacer.png

Edited by Marvel
  • Funny 3

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Yea i was a discord admin for another community and we had this toxic member who was basically dancing on thin ice all the time. Just breaking the rules and stirring up enough drama to not get banned but he had plenty of warnings. I guess that wasn't fun enough for him so he made multiple alt accounts on discord to mess with the staff. He would have conversations with himself on the accounts as well as other members of the community as well as staff. It was crazy. Each account had its own personality, some were male some female, and shit, but occasionally he’d slip up in some way and mix the personality traits up and we began to catch on. We never went in a VC with any of them besides the main acc so it wasnt easy to prove they were all the same person. This member went so far as to making multiple spotify, and steam accs to connect through discord. It was weird, like one account would be connected to Twitch YT Spotify and Steam, another would be steam spotify and LOL or WOW (i forget), and another would be connected to steam spotify and battlenet. But he didnt use the same platform for each account (except for steam and spotify) which is what i thought was weird. Regardless, i began to dig into those spotify accs and realized there was no evidence that any of the members actually listened on those accounts. Like no playlists were created, no liked songs and they were all non premium accs (pleb). We (me and other admins) would eventually call him out on his shit subtly and one day he just blatantly broke rules and got banned in discord. He tried to keep his other accounts active and stuff to cause problems for a bit but one day he decided to come clean with hopes to get his main unbanned, but i think the consensus was to just ban all of the accounts. Im pretty sure he gave up after that.

• Funny 1
9 hours ago, IKE said:

How was the secret ever uncovered?

Myself and Marvel use to mess around with this photo shop app, and once you finished your picture it would watermark your account name. So one time Marvel as Nord accidentally sent a picture he claimed to make and it had Marvel's account name really small in a corner. My friend discovered it and eventually told me and Marvel came clean lmao

5 hours ago, Father Michael said:

Yea i was a discord admin for another community and we had this toxic member who was basically dancing on thin ice all the time. Just breaking the rules and stirring up enough drama to not get banned but he had plenty of warnings. I guess that wasn't fun enough for him so he made multiple alt accounts on discord to mess with the staff. He would have conversations with himself on the accounts as well as other members of the community as well as staff. It was crazy. Each account had its own personality, some were male some female, and shit, but occasionally he’d slip up in some way and mix the personality traits up and we began to catch on. We never went in a VC with any of them besides the main acc so it wasnt easy to prove they were all the same person. This member went so far as to making multiple spotify, and steam accs to connect through discord. It was weird, like one account would be connected to Twitch YT Spotify and Steam, another would be steam spotify and LOL or WOW (i forget), and another would be connected to steam spotify and battlenet. But he didnt use the same platform for each account (except for steam and spotify) which is what i thought was weird. Regardless, i began to dig into those spotify accs and realized there was no evidence that any of the members actually listened on those accounts. Like no playlists were created, no liked songs and they were all non premium accs (pleb). We (me and other admins) would eventually call him out on his shit subtly and one day he just blatantly broke rules and got banned in discord. He tried to keep his other accounts active and stuff to cause problems for a bit but one day he decided to come clean with hopes to get his main unbanned, but i think the consensus was to just ban all of the accounts. Im pretty sure he gave up after that.

that's fucking hilarious 

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

Back in the he oldy days I ran a Stronghold server with a buddy of mine.

I had about 4 different steam accounts with prepared folders with different profile photos and alias to swap them out to track down some people that we suspected of exploiting the server.

I managed to join their group with two of the accounts and finally after 3 months I caught them in the act.

It was an accomplishment.

• Funny 1
On 1/21/2020 at 4:48 PM, Tinovious said:

So I’m sitting here on the bus and I was wondering if you guys had any weird encounters with alt accounts?

A few years back when me and @ Marvelfirst met on Halo. There was a dude named “That one Nord”. It all started when he joined the discord and was looking for a clan to get started in etc. So after developing a decent friendship with Marvel and Nord, Marvel had to leave for a little why due to IRL shit. So, It was me, myself and Marvel’s friends and Nord. Nord eventually became a “regular” in our friend group and would play often with us, unknown to me. Nord was dropping subtle hints at who he really was, A couple months of getting to know the guy. My friend drags me into a party and is like “Dude, Nord is Wade!” (What we use to call marvel at the time due to his gamer tag) Anyway; Turns out Marvel had a little alter ego and managed to keep us off his tracks and fooled us into believing Nord was a real person. Man would throw subtle hints into pictures and would randomly talk quietly when we weren't listening. some of the lads ended up liking “Nord” more than they did Marvel and it was pretty funny. We’d talk to Marvel about Nord being this cool you and Marvel would sometimes have conversations with himself on the group discord. Fucking weirdo. Little shit managed to keep it up for about eight months too.

Yeah I mean marvel does seem slightly retarded in that way