Unreal Sandbox

Unlikely.

Facepunch has another two years or so before they release S&box, and knowing the company they will have their ways of transferring their players.
Unreal sandbox is seemingly made by a small, amateur dev team. By no means is that bad, but by all means it could be.

But, if S&box flops, then maybe. I don't think anything could fully suck out gmods players. Not unless they shut down the servers, which is unlikely for the nostalgia value/amount of communities being run.

Edited by Jayarr
2 hours ago, Jayarr said:

Unlikely.

Facepunch has another two years or so before they release S&box, and knowing the company they will have their ways of transferring their players.
Unreal sandbox is seemingly made by a small, amateur dev team. By no means is that bad, but by all means it could be.

But, if S&box flops, then maybe. I don't think anything could fully suck out gmods players. Not unless they shut down the servers, which is unlikely for the nostalgia value/amount of communities being run.

I remember hearing that synergy will immediately go onto S&box once it releases, it'll stay on gmod but be there too, something like that

bolt

17 hours ago, Jayarr said:

Unlikely.

Unreal Sandbox is made by 1 person. It was mentioned in the GMOD discord and lots of people flocked into the discord. GMOD server owners are also in talks with the dev and are testers as well. He pushed the release to February 19th.

S&Box is now waiting out for Source 2 to see how it is compared ot UE4. Facepunch is just tugging on our junks at this point.

He's already added mod support and you can import from source itself.

Edited by Pyle
17 hours ago, Jayarr said:

Unlikely.

Unreal Sandbox will be 100% free to play on the Unreal engine with mod support immediately on release w/ the ability to port addons from GMod. The chance it will yoink GMod players who have class?

Very likely.

Sure there will be some purists tards that will try to keep the dying ship afloat.... But Unreal changed the game homie. 

Also, if you think S&box is ever going to release God have mercy on your soul.

• Winner 1

Yes, I am that Sparks.
Former 104th Commander Wolfee | Former ST Commander Fox | Former Jedi General Sparks | Former Anakin Skywalker | Former/Original Sentinel Leader

"We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson

12 minutes ago, aWildSparks said:

Unreal Sandbox will be 100% free to play on the Unreal engine with mod support immediately on release w/ the ability to port addons from GMod. The chance it will yoink GMod players who have class?

Very likely.

Sure there will be some purists tards that will try to keep the dying ship afloat.... But Unreal changed the game homie. 

Also, if you think S&box is ever going to release God have mercy on your soul.

Server Owners such as liberal cuck (Corv) are already showing interest in making servers when the game is released ;)

Edited by Pyle
1 hour ago, Pyle said:

Server Owners such as liberal cuck (Corv) are already showing interest in making servers when the game is released ;)

They'd be crazy not to... Unreal is much more stable than the Valve engine... and like 80 years newer. Besides, imagine blasting a droid in 4k at 120fps while screaming "For the Republic"

Yes, I am that Sparks.
Former 104th Commander Wolfee | Former ST Commander Fox | Former Jedi General Sparks | Former Anakin Skywalker | Former/Original Sentinel Leader

"We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson