POLL FOR SMB

Weeaboo

I would also like to mention, if you scroll down to the bottom of any page on the forums. you will see this message:

Synergy Roleplay is the new hope, a place where your voice can be heard and brought to life. As a community, we work in synergy to bring the game play you enjoy day in day out. 

Quite contradictory to the "motto" to change something without the feedback of the community, and or with very negative feedback from the community.

Edited by Dadd
  • Agree 1

YOU CAN DO YOUR JOB WITHOUT BEING SALUTED OR SITTING ON THE DAMN STAGE!!! Jesus fucking christ ya'll act like your IRL job was taken from you. You are in charge of DISCIPLINE and MANAGING NCO's.  I just can't stand all the damn complaining, deal with the decision. Ya'll acting like it's the end of the world. 

Edited by Metro
  • Agree 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

5 minutes ago, Metro said:

YOU CAN DO YOUR JOB WITHOUT BEING SALUTED OR SITTING ON THE DAMN STAGE!!! Jesus fucking christ ya'll act like your IRL job was taken from you. You are in charge of DISCIPLINE and MANAGING NCO's.  I just can't stand all the damn complaining, deal with the decision. Ya'll acting like it's the end of the world. 

I 100% agree. The only thing I disagree with is SMB not being able to promote people lower than his rank.

24 minutes ago, Metro said:

"3.2.f) Sergeant Major of the Battalion (SMB) and below are not allowed to promote anyone regardless of what the Battalion Commander States."  

Managing NCOs would include promoting/demoting them.  If they dont have the power to demote/promote.  Removing their power to promote and demote means all they can do is yell and give PT, and just threaten to bring someone's demotion to an officer.  If you agree that SMB should be allowed to promote, than they should be able to be on stage, because you cant promote someone if you arent on the stage.

Edited by Dadd
2 minutes ago, Dadd said:

Managing NCOs would include promoting/demoting them.  If they dont have the power to demote/promote.  Removing their power to promote and demote means all they can do is yell and give PT, and just threaten to bring someone's to an officer.

"3.2.f) Sergeant Major of the Battalion (SMB) and below are not allowed to promote anyone regardless of what the Battalion Commander States."  (taken straight from the rules)

3 minutes ago, Baxter said:

I 100% agree. The only thing I disagree with is SMB not being able to promote people lower than his rank.

Easy solution to both of these. Talk to an officer! They don't need to be able to promote/demote, there are Officers for a reason. At this point it seems all of the SMBs are putting off the whole "Im only here for power" vibe. 

Edited by Metro

1 minute ago, Metro said:

Easy solution to both of these. Talk to an officer! They don't need to be able to promote/demote, there are Officers for a reason. At this point it seems all of the SMBs are putting off the whole "Im only here for power" vibe. 

By that logic, an SMB has just as much power as a trustworthy SGT3.  a trustworthy SGT3 can get someone promoted by requesting it to an officer.  So it practically puts SMB to an equal rank as SGT3

Just now, Dadd said:

By that logic, an SMB has just as much power as a trustworthy SGT3.  a trustworthy SGT3 can get someone promoted by requesting it to an officer.  So it practically puts SMB to an equal rank as SGT3

False, SMB is the Chief Disciplinary figure. Their word means a lot more to a GOOD Commander or Officer.

4 minutes ago, Metro said:

False, SMB is the Chief Disciplinary figure. Their word means a lot more to a GOOD Commander or Officer.

Okay, well consider this.  Why not just make it so that ONLY BATT COMMANDERS can promote?  anyone 2LT-CMD will just bring it to the BCMD to promote someone.  Hopefully you can see how this doesnt make sense, and how it is an analogy to the situation with SMB

Edited by Dadd
Just now, Metro said:

Easy solution to both of these. Talk to an officer! They don't need to be able to promote/demote, there are Officers for a reason.

Ok, but part of the SMB's job is to "DISCIPLINE and MANAGING NCO's." to quote you. This SHOULD INCLUDE PROMOTING AND DEMOTING NCO's.

Just now, Dadd said:

Okay, well consider this.  Why not just make it so that ONLY BATT COMMANDERS can promote?  anyone 2LT-CMD will just bring it to the BCMD to promote someone?

Here is my argue against this. Officers are put into the position to promote people and do the important roles in the BCMDs absence. If we had BCMDs on at every waking moment I would be okay with it.

2 minutes ago, Baxter said:

Ok, but part of the SMB's job is to "DISCIPLINE and MANAGING NCO's." to quote you. This SHOULD INCLUDE PROMOTING AND DEMOTING NCO's.

Again, all they have to due is talk to an officer. They determine the fate of a NCO by feedback, similar to a Jedi of a battalion. It's just simple. This is being blown way out of proportion. 

Just now, Metro said:

Here is my argue against this. Officers are put into the position to promote people and do the important roles in the BCMDs absence. If we had BCMDs on at every waking moment I would be okay with it.

Same thing with SMB, just as my statement was an analogy, yours can be an analogy as well.  SMB should be able to promote/demote people when officers absent.  This is a problem for battallions with officers who arent as active as the SMBs.

1 minute ago, Dadd said:

Same thing with SMB, just as my statement was an analogy, yours can be an analogy as well.  SMB should be able to promote/demote people when officers absent.  This is a problem for battallions with officers who arent as active as the SMBs.

WELL, here is my counter-argument. When do we draw the line? Hell all NCO's can promote in the absence of Officers. It's an NCO rank, they will be just fine with what they have left.

Just now, Metro said:

WELL, here is my counter-argument. When do we draw the line? Hell all NCO's can promote in the absence of Officers. It's an NCO rank, they will be just fine with what they have left.

The reason that the line is drawn to where SMB should be able to promote/demote is because, like you said, "Discipline and managing NCOs."  Between CSM and SMB, there is a large gap in the sense of how much you manage and discipline the lower ranks, a larger gap than other ranks.

Honestly wtf I thought synergy was supposed to be a community where the players can choose what we think would be fun for us not the higher staff just making decisions for us and then not listening about the feedback this is bullshit and a massive slap in the face to the community. Like if you say it's not a big deal just return smb to what it was!

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Honestly wtf I thought synergy was supposed to be a community where the players can choose what we think would be fun for us not the higher staff just making decisions for us and then not listening about the feedback this is bullshit and a massive slap in the face to the community. Like if you say it's not a big deal just return smb to what it was!

Honestly, people are blowing this way out of proportion. 

• Agree 1

@Weeaboo & I CREATED THE GODDAMN BEST SMB TO EVER LIVE - YUKON WILL LIVE ON IN MY HEART AS THE MAN WHO DEFINED HOW TO BE AN SMB, WHY IT WAS A POSITION MORE THAN A FUCKING TRIAL OFFICER RANK AND THAT @Reaper RIPPED HIM FROM THE POSITION TO TURN IT BACK INTO A TRIAL OFFICER POSITION DISGUSTED ME (I LOVE U REAPER BUT IT FUCKING HURTS SEEING U REMOVE MY INACTIVE GOD KING)

On another matter I don't think actually going insane over the SMB thing being 'MUH LACK OF FREEDOM' is right because not every decision should be consulted first and it should be the feedback of the community (like now) that should dictate it unless it's a HUGE change that is literally a point-of-no-return thing

Edited by Faoeoa

What do we think about adding a position called JWO (Junior Warrant Officer) and SWO (Senior Warrant Officer) in which would retain the respect and authority of our previous SMB? I'm all about compromise and allowing as much freedom within the battalions as long as it is practical and makes lore sense. Discuss.

38 minutes ago, aStonedSparks said:

What do we think about adding a position called JWO (Junior Warrant Officer) and SWO (Senior Warrant Officer) in which would retain the respect and authority of our previous SMB? I'm all about compromise and allowing as much freedom within the battalions as long as it is practical and makes lore sense. Discuss.

Because an SMB had very specific duties. Officer can have multiple different duties, but now that it's making an SMB just a filler position completely, it renders it useless. The reason why an SMB on THIS not some fucking military SIM or fucking real life, is because a lot of battalions have a whole lot of care for their SMB. I know at least a few battalions that take weeks to months considering their next SMB. An SMB deserves the same amount of respect that an officer Does, there is a reason why you can only have one SMB and unlimited Majors. The job of an SMB is important and quite frankly, removing the power to this rank basically just makes it a CSM rank under a different name with the same authorities. Just keep this in mind, this is not real life. Why change something the community liked and often supported for no reason at all?

Edited by Kain
1 minute ago, Kain said:

Because an SMB had very specific duties. Officer can have multiple different duties, 

"The warrant officer is a highly skilled technician who is provided to fill those positions above the enlisted level which are too specialized in scope to permit effective development and continued utilization of broadly trained, branch qualified commissioned officers."

https://warrantofficerhistory.org/ArmyWOdefined.htm

9 minutes ago, aStonedSparks said:

"The warrant officer is a highly skilled technician who is provided to fill those positions above the enlisted level which are too specialized in scope to permit effective development and continued utilization of broadly trained, branch qualified commissioned officers."

https://warrantofficerhistory.org/ArmyWOdefined.htm

That is real life, and fucking additionally, there is no limit. There can be 20 WO from what I'm being told.