Jackson's Battalion Commander Application

Jackson

• Retired Founder

Steam Name: Jackson

RP Name: TRM 501st TCO SROVR CMD Kix/Jackson

Steam ID (SteamID Finder): STEAM_0:0:85475704

Battalion/Area you are applying for: 501st Battalion Commander Rex

Experience: I first joined the 501st June 27th back on icefuse and have been in playing in the 501st all the way to now, I have been through many things since I first joined this battalion from helping for weeks recruiting as much as I could when I was an NCO to helping manage the battalion as I first became an officer. Essentially when I was made it to an officer rank I started working several hours every day to help manage and maintain the 501st to help it grow out of the mingy reputation we had at the time. Doing this helped me to meet many other officers who are still in the battalion today, they helped me learn what it means to be an officer and how to control and managed a battalion. From there I continued to be promoted slowly through the officer ranks and helping more and more with everything, I started helping much more with documents and ensuring they were all in proper order. Eventually I made it to LTC on icefuse when we ended up switching to synergy and I was made into a major there. For a while at this point I continued working hard with my fellow officers to keep the battalion together while we worked through the transition to the new server. After some time I ended up being promoted to commander in the 501st by Kain for the amount of time I was putting into the server and the battalion, at this point I worked with the other commanders to keep the battalion running as smoothly as we could. From here I helped decide with the other commanders who in our battalion should get promotions, how our regiments should be run, what was going to happen with our battalion ARC as it was running very slowly along with many other things. We all worked to keep documents updated, make new documents for any of our regiments that needed it, and make sure that everyone in our battalion was happy with how things were running. Another thing I’ve been doing for a long time is helping to manage torrent company in the 501st, which is the elite regiment for our battalion, not long after switching to synergy I was made into a torrent company officer by the torrent company commander, once this happened I also started to run tryouts for TC as well as make sure that all the documents for those tryouts were in proper order, with both being a commander and TCO I was managing a good chunk of the battalion along with the other commanders, together we brought the 501st to a far better reputation of being disciplined and actually serious when the times called for it. We worked day and night all the time every day of the week bringing more and more people into the battalion and figuring out who in our battalion could do well as officers. Over all the time I’ve been at synergy I have spent nearly every day working with all levels of the 501st from the enlisted to NCOs to officers letting them know how we operate, figuring out which deserved promotions and who were the leaders of the battalion, after all of this I have gotten to know so many of the members of this battalion, and many of them know me well as a result. With all of my time in this battalion I have learned how everyone in it likes it to be run, with this I have the experience of how to run this battalion as myself and the other commanders have been put in charge whenever Kain went on an LOA or just wasn’t on for a time. I also, on top of being an intel member and running the docs, was medical leader for some time and was helping keeping our medics in check, recently I was promoted to support regiment overseer which basically means I help manage ARF, MED and ENG, and besides ENG the other two regiments have been running very well with a lot of members in them, mostly due to the amazing leaders that are in charge of those regiments now. Lastly, I have been in the battalion for a total of about 2 and a half months and have worked every day I have been in it as I stated earlier.

Why should you become a Commander?:  I know the 501st extremely well as it is the only battalion I was a part of since I first joined, I know how it is run, I know our systems of operating, I know the people in the battalion and have become friends with many of them. I have a lot of experience in working with all the different members of the 501st on all rank levels, so I know how to talk with all of these members we have and I have worked with many of them for a long time, as battalion commander I would already have all of those connections with officers and NCOs set. With the knowledge I have gained of the battalion’s system of running along with knowing most everyone in the battalion I would have a very smooth transition to BCMD and could very easily keep this amazing battalion running smoothly during the switch from Kain to myself were I chosen. I also have one big thing in mind for how the battalion is going to be run, which is something that myself and the other commanders have already been doing, I want to make sure that all big decisions are not something that I just decide on my own, I want to include my commanders, and even all of my officers and NCOs for some decisions, so that when things change in the 501st it’s not just one person wanting it to change, it will be the other people in the battalion that get to decide on these things too, the reason for this is because certain things that we change in the battalion will not just affect me and the commanders, but it will affect everyone who plays as the 501st. So because of this I want to hear the feedback of everyone that is a part of this battalion so that when we change things many people in the battalion will be able to agree as it is their playing experience on the line as well when the 501st shifts to a different system of any kind, so in all I want to make sure that more people will be involved in decisions we make, which again is something we pretty much do now and I merely want to keep that custom alive as the BCMD.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion? Yes I have helped with torrent company tryouts and know all of the lore of them and the 501st, plus I am a huge star wars fan and know the 501st well.

Availability: I am currently in school and do have classes in the morning, however during the week I usually will get on between 5pm to 7pm EST and will remain on until around 2am EST, on weekends I am on nearly all day from the morning, sometime around 10am or 12pm EST, to about 2am at night EST. So on weekdays I’ll be on for about 7-9 hours or so and on weekends I will be on for 12-14 hours.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: I’ve been on synergy since it opened so about a month and a half or whatever that would be, or for about 400 hours on synergy and 850 hours on SWRP, the extra time was from icefuse.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

What plans do you have for the battalion you are applying for?: I have talked to all of the commanders and we all agree that the way we are running the battalion right now is very efficient and allows for all the different parts of the battalion from all the different regiments to torrent company to run with their own respective leaders. As a result if I get BCMD I will not be changing anything directly, but I will instead ensure, with the help of the other commanders and officers, that the 501st continues to run very smoothly and all of our systems stay in place if they are working, I will also be keeping all of the ranks as they are, considering I know this battalion and I trust the officers in their current positions, so not much will change immediately, it will be more of me trying to maintain the 501st as it is so it can remain such a good battalion and group of people. In the future if myself or one of my members brings up a good point about something needing to be changed I will gladly bring it up with everyone else and try to figure out something for a compromise to fix the issue.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position? Yes I understand.

Edited by Jackson

+1 this guy is great. Takes care of a lot of things and all around is cool. Tough decision between Jackson and Woeny. Best of luck. 

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x