Venator / Providence props

Scribbles

Name: Adding Venator/Providence props. 

Suggestion: Adding Venator/Providence props, these have bodygroups for destroyable parts as well, and big enough for a few ships to be in.

This pack happens to also come with all the BF2 internal props so you can basically raid eachothers venators. However if not using them in the  huge ship props, they can be handy/useful building props, as they have a Before and After destruction bodygroup for most of them. 

Implementation: Adding these as props to use for Space related events or event to put in the skybox. 

Lore: Providence and Venators. 

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1529901430
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by Scribbles
  • Winner 1
  • Retired Founder

After looking at this Pack, it is not finished nor near completion. 

I see the Prop aspect of it, but it's nowhere near finished, I see this as a prop pack, and from what I could see, it didn't cause any frame drop.

The comments themselves even talk about this is nowhere near finished. However I could see the use on our maps, but this was designated purely for a separate map had separate entities created. Are you guys just wanting this for the destructible parts and the Venator / Munificent with a better Hangar? 

Thanks in advance ~ Still open to debate or +1's

Tested it for a bit.

I would definitely recommend adding the CIS & Venator that have working Hangars, can be used to Roleplay being deployed during an event or flying up/down to the ship. Would give GM a whole lot more to do with in terms of boading as the CIS ships have a lot more space. As well as use for the Venator one, could have better scenes where Venators come in for repairs or loading/unloading objects and people can fly up and down.

As to the ones that can be destroyed, while cool, they break into about 3 large props and they seem to be collidable to large change to crash the server when they explode. I would say add the individual parts as wreckage for scenery during roleplay or even test the props that blow up and see how it affects performance.

+1

• 4 months later...