Multiple Suggestions for movement, physics, etc.

Zest

So instead of making multiple posts, I will make one post with multiple suggestions... These are additions to movement, physics, tactics, etc.  

Name: TR 4thGME ARFO SFC Sour  

1st Suggestion: Adding Leaning  

Implementation: Add it to the server to implement a more tactical, yet still optional, combat movement feature. Uses a bind. You don't need to do it, it's just an addition to an animation that you can tell to bind during training for CT.  

Lore: No lore but a physical body can lean unless you have scoliosis. It allows for more tactical breaching, gameplay, combat, etc.

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1408509829

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2nd Suggestion: Better 3rd person(or enhanced ots 3rd person)

Implementation: It's not a replacement addon. Sooo you can still use the original STP if that's your forte... but I think this is appealing to those who like 3rd person. DO NOT -1 IF YOU DON'T CARE PLEASE. THIS IS A SUGGESTION FOR 3RD PERSON USERS SUCH AS MYSELF. It's a Q-menu thing where you can customize offset easier, crosshair, it's more accurate than the one we have. It's better. Again, not a replacement, a second option. 

Lore: None

Workshop Content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1385768768&searchtext=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Suggestion: Prone(I KNOW WHAT UR GONNA SAY HOLD ON I HAVE A FIX SO YOU CAN STILL QUENCH YOUR BHOP ADDICTION

Implementation: There is a command for the console "prone_config" which you can then change it so the default is not double tap ctrl for prone, so you can still bhop when you want. HA/Founder/Director/Owner can disable the default and have the clients/users set it to a bind(if they want). There is wOS and a non-wOS. I will link both. 

Lore: Anybody can lay down. Plus it allows for a more tactical play style as a sniper on a mountain/position.

Worksop Content + Dev: 
wOS Version: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=775573383&searchtext=prone
Standalone: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1100368137
Command to fix the constant prone: prone_config

(Plus a small patch to hitboxes while prone as well: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=832525526&searchtext= ) :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4th Suggestion: FPS Booster

Implementation: This handy little bit of LUA coding can help erase client-side load-in lag, as well as general client-side lag. It brings up a box when you load in asking you if you'd like an FPS boost. If you hit yes, it performs a couple scripts to the client that help boost FPS as well as load-in lag.

Lore: When you arrived on-base you didn't get 15 minutes of absolute cancer and brain aneurysms.

Workshop Content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169579845&searchtext=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's keep going shall we?

5th suggestion: Water Falling Damage

Implementation: It makes it more realistic because people use the water to break their falls. This does damage according to the height, velocity, and depth of the water you've hit. 

Lore: IRL if you were to fall into water from as high as our skybox, it would be like hitting concrete. Adds actual realism.

Workshop Content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=828344611&searchtext=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6th Suggestion: Crosshair Customizer

Implementation: This allows for users to make and customize their own crosshairs so they can blast clankas with a crosshair they enjoy and that they made themselves. 

Lore: None

Workshop Content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=590788321&searchtext=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Almost done don't worry...

7th Suggestion: Legs

Implementation: You've got legs and you've got the right to see 'em! This allows you to choose if you want to see your legs when you look down or not. Plus it works with the prone mod. "MY DICK FELL OFF!"

Lore: When you look down you see your legs

Workshop Content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=112806637&searchtext=

Oh boy Medics do I have one for you...

8th Suggestion: Defib Kit

Implementation: Adds a defib kit that revives RECENTLY DECEASED PLAYERS AT REDUCED HP AND HALF AMMO . This is able to be made so that it can only revive a player once in a given time. Meaning that if they die again after a certain time of being revived, they can't be revived and have to fully respawn. Also it allows you to change how much time they have to be revived in before they die. Add it to medic class(or some medic classes).

Lore: A combat medic didn't "@ tp this guy back combat revive". Plus it gives them more to do rather than just fucking run around healing the Alive players.

Workshop Content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708845241&searchtext=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9th Suggestion: Seat Weaponizer

Implementation: Allows you to take a weapon out whilst sitting down. In an LAAT being shot at? Open those blast doors and fire away! On the side of a speeder or other land vehicle being chased or chasing? Light those fuckers up! Make a rule where you can only use certain guns. I.E. If they use a rocket launcher, minigun, Z-6, flamethrower, etc. they'll get beaned.

Lore: IRL you are not physically unable to take a weapon out.

Workshop Content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=601411453

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You want more?

If you want to +1/-1 on these just do this:

1) +1
2) +1
3) -1
4) +1

so on and so forth

Edited by Zest

So. Im gonna put it here.

Prone was never taken out of the server, it just for some reason doesn't seem to work, and was never bothered with to get enabled again. -1 Because it's physically impossible to hit someone on the floor with a lightsaber and would be abused to get away from those with said lightsabers. It's cool yes, but would cripple lightsaber combat completely. 

The enhanced third person was denied before. -1

Defib kits were removed because of ragdoll lag. -1

Seat weaponizer, was reported to cause massive lag so it was never added. -1

Neutral on leaning ,it may seem fun but may cause visual errors, possibly worse than we have now due to WoS.

Legs +1 Why the fuck not?

Water falling damage neutral. How many times have you seen someone fall into water on main server to negate fall damage?

+1 to crosshair customization.

FPS Booster. +1 why not? Could help if it doesn't cause problems

If you have any questions to the -1s i've put. ask me and i will explain and answer any questions. 

All of these are very nice, but would put a lot of weight onto the server. Like putting a car onto someones back. It may hold  up for a while and seem cool, but unfortunately and ultimately will end up causing problems and indeed crashing. 

Edited by Scribbles
  • Agree 1
52 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

Prone was never taken out of the server, it just for some reason doesn't seem to work, and was never bothered with to get enabled again. -1 Because it's physically impossible to hit someone on the floor with a lightsaber and would be abused to get away from those with said lightsabers. It's cool yes, but would cripple lightsaber combat completely. 

Neutral on leaning ,it may seem fun but may cause visual errors, possibly worse than we have now due to WoS.

Water falling damage neutral. How many times have you seen someone fall into water on main server to negate fall damage?

If you have any questions to the -1s i've put. ask me and i will explain and answer any questions. 

All of these are very nice, but would put a lot of weight onto the server. Like putting a car onto someones back. It may hold  up for a while and seem cool, but unfortunately and ultimately will end up causing problems and indeed crashing. 

My opinion on this is the same as Scribble’s

• Agree 1

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g

+1 to lean, I miss it, it was so nice to have.

Neutral on Prone, shit bugs out a lot despite it's usefulness.

+1 to Seat Weaponizer, I miss being able to sit and shoot

Neutral on Defibs, military got that kind of thing to work without lag so IDK

Neutral on Better Third Person, don't see a true need

+1 FPS booster, as scribbles said, why not?

+1 Crosshair customization, could be useful

-1 to Water Falling Damage, as immersive as this sounds, it'd be a rare case to actually happen, so one would properly internalize the concept.

• Agree 1
9 hours ago, Scribbles said:

8 hours ago, OneNiner6719 said:
Neutral on Better Third Person, don't see a true need

This is the one that I really wanted accepted... It's not a need but a matter of wanting a better client-chosen view. The one we have is customizable yes, but some people (myself) really like third person. The one we currently have is buggy in terms of the custom crosshair (the built-in one) that works in tandem with the 3rd person mechanic. As said before, it's a suggested addition, not a replacement. So if people like the classic 3rd person, go ahead. But I prefer 3rd person and this gives gmod a better feel when it comes to viewpoints.

This mod is the one that uses WoS as it's base.

I now understand that. Thank you for pointing that out as I didn't even think of that. VOID PRONE SUGGESTION

Edited by Zest

Pretty much this,

EXCEPT the water fall damage. -1 to that. It's pretty useless.

• Agree 1