[12/3/2018] Forum Update V3.2

Ron

• Retired Founder

[12/3/2018] Forum & Massive TeamSpeak Update

I've been working on a lot of this over the past week or so, and this update will continue into the coming weeks, but I thought I'd release the current changelog up to this point as it's turning into a massive wall-o-text. I've tried to include most of the public changes but there will be missing pieces as the number of permissions reworked are just massive.

Plenty of other updates and bug fixes are in the works, including new icons for the GMs after a very high majority vote for "Yes" to update the Game Master Icons.

---

Forums:
    - Removed all Admin Ranks, merged into "Clone Wars Staff"
    - Removed sub-forums from displaying on index

- Added "Clone Wars Staff", "Military Staff", "SCP Staff" groups for all staff under Head Admin
    - Added Forum/TS section for Bugs/Suggestions
    - Added "Retired (Honorary)" tag

- Changed Forum Moderator Color to redpink
    - Renamed "Forum Developer" to Systems Consultant
    - Changed Head Admin Color to pink
    - Changed Clone Wars Staff color to blue
    - Changed SCP Staff color to green
    - Changed Military Staff color to orange

*Probably a bunch of other bug fixes that I'm forgetting

TeamSpeak:
    - Removed server/client permission view access from most groups
    - Removed security permissions from most groups
    - Removed channel edit permissions from most groups
    - Removed random SeverQuery permissions from most groups
    - Removed talk power from most groups (Use Staff/Base Groups)
    - Removed "Bypass" Server Group for permission rework
    - Removed unused Honorary channels
    - Removed all Honorary sub-channels
    - Removed Founders from Channel Admin to minimize tag interference

- Added default spacers for basic organization
    - Added "Battalion Trainer" tag, can assign all basic battalion tags, cannot any remove tags (CMDRs can assign this)
    - Added "Channel Key" Channel Group to replace Bypass on a channel level
    - Added "Helper" tag; can only be assigned by Founders for user(s) assisting in development efforts

- Reorganized most channel categories, channel headers, and server group sortids
    - Remade all battalion tags, including battalions, jedi, senator, naval, admiral, yoda, mace, jedi master, commander, and high command with a consistent permission system
        * These will be reassigned throughout the week by Commanders and Head Admins+

- Fixed "Channel Admin", can edit/modify channels, ignore passwords, and kick from channel under HA
    - Fixed "Guest" tag, can only join Battalion Training rooms, basic speak/message permissions
    - Fixed all Staff Tags (New Admin -> Director) permissions
    - Fixed all RP tag permissions
        - CW Command/High Command tags can only be assigned by Head Admin+
        - CW Battalion tags can be assigned by Battalion Trainers and all CW Command
        - CW Jedi tags can be assigned by Jedi Masters and all CW Command
        - CW Naval tags can be assigned by Admiral and all CW Command

*Probably a bunch of other bug fixes that I'm forgetting

• Winner 8

z5dGuiK.gif

Forum Admin

Nice work,  seem to be doing great already

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Banned

Don't really enjoy this new update. :(

r4ymo.gif

• Retired Founder
5 minutes ago, Sixta said:

Don't really enjoy this new update. :(

It's necessary for community expansion; although some changes applied may not be welcome by all, the intention is for easier community organization and management by the Staff Teams when Synergy hosts more than just a CWRP Server.

I know the removal of aesthetic battalion tags isn't a very popular decision, but it was something discussed with all of the Directors/Founders and was essential in moving forward.

• Winner 1

z5dGuiK.gif

31 minutes ago, Ron said:

It's necessary for community expansion; although some changes applied may not be welcome by all, the intention is for easier community organization and management by the Staff Teams when Synergy hosts more than just a CWRP Server.

I know the removal of aesthetic battalion tags isn't a very popular decision, but it was something discussed with all of the Directors/Founders and was essential in moving forward.

Hey maybe we could use this as an opportunity to get some badass regiment-specific tags?

• Agree 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.