TahuNova613

Name of Player requesting the Appeal: Rancor ARC SGT Magnus

RP Name: CC Lenin

Steam Name: Heinrich Himmler

Steam ID:  STEAM_0:1:204834517

Ban length: Perma

Offense: Threatened to DDOS the server

Person who banned him: One of the Rancor admins to my knowledge

Why should we unban him/shorten the ban period?:I understand the whole rule about not unbanning people who are perma banned, but due to recent events I have received information that actually shows that it wasn't CC Lenin that said that he would DDOS the server. CC Lenin has stated himself that he did not threaten to DDOS the server and was said by another one of my friends (Note: not part of the server). If anyone want's further information about the situation please ask so and I will give as much info as needed. If he is unbanned then I will be responsible for any of his actions that would warrant a ban for him. I don't want my miss-judgement hinder another player from playing on this server without evidence being put into light. If any of you have questions please contact me via Steam.

Addendum 1:06PM 11/3/2018: I would also like to note that I do know CC Lenin in real life (which is how he found out about the server)

Edited by Tahunova613
Addendum
21 hours ago, Arroyo said:

@Andrews53 didn’t you perm ban someone today for this

Yeah. 

Basically, he was getting CC trained. During the CC training, he decided to leave CC room and he got arrested by CG obviously. While in brig, he mentions to a friend that is in RANCOR that he was going to DDoDs the server. That RANCOR SSG came into the RANCOR main channel saying that he would be doing it ( Threat ) and then gone on to say, what should we do? How should we react? After looking into it for a few minutes or so, I went ahead with the perma as last I recall, threating to ddods is a perma ban. 

When I asked the RANCOR SSG about his "friend", I asked a few very simple questions, the name at the time of the of his friend on the server, 2. His steam name & profile picture. 

@Carter

I was going to try and verify the validity of what CC Lenin had said but by the time I was going to, he was already banned.

I spoke with him about it and he denied the statement regarding the DDoS. His only activity on the server was doing the CC training, getting AOSed, leaving the server, (day passes), joining back in, failing to have his mic function, and then left to run repairs. Afterwards I received word from the separate source (as noted to not be part of the server) about the DDoS threat (Not yet known to be false).  I then said it in the Rancor TS channel and the ban was carried out. It was not my intention to have him banned without conducting a more thorough investigation about the threat. CC Lenin was subsequently banned and that made me start my investigation leading to the denial of the DDoS threat by CC Lenin himself. After reporting this to an admin I was told to file a ban appeal, which I did. 

I see that having CC Lenin banned when he didn't even finish his CC training and was proven to not have threatened to DDoS violates what we stand as being a community that strives to create a semi accurate simulation of life during the Clone Wars, and in banning Lenin would discourage other players from joining since even if not enough evidence was given they would still get banned.