Sinister - CTP

Sinister

Name: Sinister

Who helped (If applicable): Exalted, Albaber, Polar, Kdog

Event Name: Capture the Planet (CTP)

Summary of the story: It was a deployment to the map jedi vs sith. Each planet was under control by a different faction, and the republic had to capture each planet.

What was the result of the event?: Win

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: shoot em up

The lag made this horrendous. I apologize, was not planned because there were only 16 props spawned in and no more NPC's than usual. If this is the reason for a -1, please just know it was completely out of my control. Even decreased spawning to like 20 per planet and it was still bad.

Hi 91st MEDL Kon here. Um I'm going to give a Neutral. Mainly because of the spawning on the forest planet. Like I like the idea but the way it happened was absolutely terrible. We got droids we couldn't see, random mass amounts of spawnings, and just way too many for my liking.

Edited by Kohn
lag is not ur fault :)

Neutral, the idea was great, and I do love that map, unfortunately the server wasn't in your favour. Although the real reason this isn't a +1 is because when I was RED LAAT's pilot and trying to land in landings, droids were spawned in every single clearing, I even tried to switch clearings to a less-populated landing zone, yet they were spawned directly under the laat to kill it. I was basically NOT allowed to land, which ruins the point of using vehicles as their actual purpose, if you can't transit with them.

A very good event Idea, like definitely +1, 

people are just bastards and complain about lag and how it affected the event,

you understand how to deal with lag and adapt around it, you changed the length of the event which made it better. also knowing that you also changed the health of the player controlled enemies is an exemplary way to show that you know how to adapt. 

Alright so I'm gonna give this one a +1 now hear me out, this map and the idea are great things being able to travel to diffrent planets is aweasome and the capture the planet is also cool  just the time i guess was not right. Now this is no ones fault the lag and ping is not anyones fault its just gmod. I think the biggest thing that was getting on my nerves was on the snow planet the npcs that were underground killed me and i was above ground but that is not your fault. All in all its another Good Intent bad execution (Not on your part)

+1

The thing is, the main reason everyone had an issue with the event was the lag which was something out of staffs hands. I think it is ridiculous to blame a GM for his event lagging when really he has no control on the server box or anything.

The droid spawns were a bit off putting but overall I think it was good.

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.