Fatal camera issues thanks to recent update

Bug Type (Server:): Server

Severity level (1-3): 3

Evidence (if you can): Screenshots are from a somewhat recent CG event, where it was at its worse. It's difficult to capture since the screen bug happens at such high speeds. But I did my best to capture the moment. The same issue carried over to the Venator, keep in mind.Screenshot_915.pngScreenshot_919.pngScreenshot_916.png

Description of the bug: Where to even begin... First of all the most common issue with my game since the recent update is: aiming in with my Dc15a or Dc15s causes my screen to rapidly spasm and twist, go lopsided, zoom and flip with ridiculous, jarring movements. When I fire with these weapons, and most commonly my Z6 Rotary cannon, my clone violently whips around his weapon and shoots sporadically--Best case scenario that is. Worst and most common case; my screen goes black. And stays black. Moreover, I find that if the shooting doesn't cause the previous two issues, my guns will eventually go invisible, crosshair and all in some cases. Also, firing in this mode, 3rd person or not results in the black screen of go fuck yourself. I noticed the screen tear and crazy camera shit comes up often when vehicles are present, intensifying the issue to the maximum. Though the issues still occur regardless of their presence.

How can we recreate it: Be me, randomly selected my Gmod Satan. No, but, I have no clue. If I knew what was causing the issue I wouldn't be here posting about it.

Edited by Xray

Tried ticking everything off and on, seemed to work fine. Then as always, an event started and sure enough, it went black again. Lasted a bit longer this time before it did, but nonetheless, it fucked itself again.

This is a client side thing, it is tied to framerate, whenever framerate gets around 10-ish, these bugs will occur. The only way to mitigate them or stop them when they happen is to look straight up or straight down, somewhere where your framerate goes up to a stable number.

Edited by OneNiner6719

Followed advice on another topic almost identical to this one. The game still didn't work. My guns still went invisible, looking up and down didn't really help much since my weapons were invisible. Whatever this recent update added royally cucked my game and I've been unable to participate in anything ever since.

On 7/18/2018 at 7:29 AM, Xray said:

Followed advice on another topic almost identical to this one. The game still didn't work. My guns still went invisible, looking up and down didn't really help much since my weapons were invisible. Whatever this recent update added royally cucked my game and I've been unable to participate in anything ever since.

Same :^(

British

• 1 month later...

It has been brought to my attention that this is a common error not with just our server but with other servers using TFA. It seems to be caused by the Garry's Mod update itself that rolled out August 14th. It is nothing that we personally can fix server-side and the best we can do is have you relog.

We apologize for this, but until the developers themselves fix this, that's the best we can offer.

Some things that can cause this to happen will be low frame frates, slow internet connection, etc.

Sorry.

Moved to completed reports.

• 2 years later...