Titles and Member Tags

First off, I'd suggest making a format for this section, but anyway..

We should look into getting a new set of images for the member tags. Specifically, I am referring to the "Member" and "Owner" images underneath peoples' name's. The current ones seem pretty.. tacky to me, I guess. I'm pretty sure they're the default ones with IPB, but I'm not positive. Anyway, I'd recommend getting a nice, clean theme for them that matches the forum theme.

I'd also recommend keeping these member tags to in-game staff ranks only. I noticed Medic's tag is "Forum Mod", when I believe it'd be more appropriate as "Director". Perhaps give tags for staff rank and forum moderator status similar to what Icefuse did.

Lastly, the titles given to people I believe are automatically assigned based on an individual's post count (from what I know about IPB). I'd recommend foregoing this, if possible. Honestly there's no point in giving people titles based on that. I'd recommend reserving people's "titles" for their donator status. That way, all at once we could see someone's donator status, their in-game staff rank, and their forum rank.

I used to run an IPB forum board for an old community. We used a pirated copy, though.. but hey, I learned a lot about it.

Edited by Billiam Clinton
1 hour ago, Billiam Clinton said:

First off, I'd suggest making a format for this section, but anyway..

We should look into getting a new set of images for the member tags. Specifically, I am referring to the "Member" and "Owner" images underneath peoples' name's. The current ones seem pretty.. tacky to me, I guess. I'm pretty sure they're the default ones with IPB, but I'm not positive. Anyway, I'd recommend getting a nice, clean theme for them that matches the forum theme.

I'd also recommend keeping these member tags to in-game staff ranks only. I noticed Medic's tag is "Forum Mod", when I believe it'd be more appropriate as "Director". Perhaps give tags for staff rank and forum moderator status similar to what Icefuse did.

Lastly, the titles given to people I believe are automatically assigned based on an individual's post count (from what I know about IPB). I'd recommend foregoing this, if possible. Honestly there's no point in giving people titles based on that. I'd recommend reserving people's "titles" for their donator status. That way, all at once we could see someone's donator status, their in-game staff rank, and their forum rank.

I used to run an IPB forum board for an old community. We used a pirated copy, though.. but hey, I learned a lot about it.

The tags contrast the original white background of the forums, thus creating a sleeker more bold look. As could be said for most things, we're still changing a lot. I ran an IPB forum for almost a solid 5 years and I can tell you it's a ton of tweaking down to the minor levels, nothing undo-able of course.

Also, there is no need for a format in this section, just type out what you think homie.

I'll ask Indox how he feels of these changes since he did make the tags. 

2 minutes ago, Jek said:

The tags contrast the original white background of the forums, thus creating a sleeker more bold look. As could be said for most things, we're still changing a lot. I ran an IPB forum for almost a solid 5 years and I can tell you it's a ton of tweaking down to the minor levels, nothing undo-able of course.

Also, there is no need for a format in this section, just type out what you think homie.

I'll ask Indox how he feels of these changes since he did make the tags. 

Sounds good. Sorry if I came off as entitled or something. I didn't mean to look like I had more experience hahaha. The color on the tags isn't an issue, just the look/size (they appear tacky to me -- too "showy"). And it's kind of a non-issue, just a suggestion to help things look sleeker. A professional looking website is a great asset to the community :D

Edited by Billiam Clinton
Just now, Billiam Clinton said:

Sounds good. Sorry if I came off as entitled or something. I didn't mean to look like I had more experience hahaha. The color on the tags isn't an issue, just the look. And it's kind of a non-issue, just a suggestion to help things look sleeker. A professional looking website is a great asset to the community :D

No biggy, it is a suggestion forum after all. If enough people want a format I'd be happy to write one.

• 1 month later...