Make Server Suggestions Great Again(TRY 2)

Alexz

Note: This was already up, but it got deleted so I was told to repost it

Name:41st EC SUPL Major Alexz

Suggestion: Any server suggestion regarding a battalion or subgroup/class must be approved by CMD+ or any lead first before being posted on the forums.

Implementation:When someone posts a server suggestion regarding there group, In the writing they write who approved it and when to make Dev's jobs easier.

I don't want to call anyone out, but recent posts on the forums have made server suggestions look like shit and a constant repeat of just bad ideas. With this idea in place, Alot more ideas will be vetted and you will see less bad suggestions that get spammed with -1. Yes I know some battalions and groups do this already, but if we make this a server wide rule it solve this issue. Just a basic rule for all to follow so people don't get bad rep for not knowing the rules about posts

Edited by BigBurner

i mean... battalion suggestions are already supposed to be approved by the BCMD.

if some idiot just randomly posts one without bcmd approval it's supposed to be denied.

and then that person would just get called an idiot, simple. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

i mean... battalion suggestions are already supposed to be approved by the BCMD.

if some idiot just randomly posts one without bcmd approval it's supposed to be denied.

and then that person would just get called an idiot, simple. 

This is just to make it offical so people know not to do it anymore. Also I know of at least 3-4 battalions that don't have that rule

3 hours ago, Fizzik said:

Better idea, only commanders can make server suggestions if they're related to changes to their battalion. If someone wants a suggestion, they bring it to their superiors. 

I would feel this would be too difficult and could limit someone to have a presence on the forums. 

27 minutes ago, Rocketpackgolem said:

- 1 idk it just seems like it’s taking away power from the people

Well.   I mean.    It is.   Like.    It's common sense to ask the BCMD or at least CMD before posting about a change to a battalion. Like.   Its the BCMDs battalion.  He is suppose to be the final say in everything.   

+1 

4 minutes ago, WaterMelonWolf said:

If it got denied once its more then likely going to be denied again, you already have to ask commanders. if the commander dosent like the idea dont force them. Sorry to sound like a dick. but its even more work for us Dev members to go and ask every commander each app if they signed it or not. 

Hey FYI it didn't get denied. Someone deleted it on accident and I was told to repost it because no answer was mentioned since it was gone before someone could respond.

8 hours ago, Lucky said:

RIP Clone Assassins xD

Edit: Also -1 the point of suggestions is to come from the players and get player feedback not be instantly denied by a CMD

8 hours ago, Rocketpackgolem said:

- 1 idk it just seems like it’s taking away power from the people

Put it like this since  its obvious you you guys are confused... 
The Battalion Commander has final say in any situation pertaining to the battalion      When I was a Sgt even I knew to ask a CMD before I posted   just to make sure it wasn't pointless.   Now, this post isn't saying "no server suggestion what-so-ever" its just stating to make it a rule to be approved. this was something I implemented into the 212th and is still used if I am not mistaken.     to dumb it down even further 

Pros: Better moderate what server suggestions are being made,  IT MAKES IT EASIER ON THE DEV TEAM (yes, we exist   please be mindful of us and what we are here to do)  

Cons:  none... i mean     legit  this isn't hurting anyone    

Overall  its a great idea that should already be implemented as some battalions already use it.     

• Agree 1

This is already pretty much a thing, all personal battalion/unit related suggestions I always ask the person if they got permission for it to be posted. So this does make sense, but this will NOT apply to people who make a server suggestion on something that's not for a battalion/unit. The person they will have to get permission from is XO+.

//Locked

//Moved to Forum Suggestions - Accepted

• Agree 1