Republic Medics Hazard Trooper

Zodiac

Name: Zodiac

Suggestion: Giving RM Hazard Trooper Shield and/or Elastic Restraints

Implementation: As we are trying to reform Republic Medics and make the use of Hazard Troopers and Surgeon a normal thing, I think giving the Hazard Trooper something that can be used as a kind of "Perk" idea to separate Hazard Trooper and Surgeon. This being said, We always need a shield when dealing with a quarantine or infected situation, as we call CG riot or Dooms Unit to assist us. Elastic Restraints would also be useful to restrain the infected source or restrain a test subject, this would create more passive role play opportunities.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Add or Change: Change

Job: Medical Hazard Trooper

Model: Hazard Trooper (RM Officer Model)

Weapons: Shield or Elastic Restraints

Other: N/A

• Agree 2
Just now, AlextheConqustidor said:

RM is getting removed soon from what I heard from Ginyu and Big Zach so this is kind of counter-intuitive. Also this was requested before but I believe it's still pending. Sorry -1, because of what I previously said.

Joah confirmed, RM is not getting removed

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, AlextheConqustidor said:

RM is getting removed soon from what I heard from Ginyu and Big Zach so this is kind of counter-intuitive. Also this was requested before but I believe it's still pending. Sorry -1, because of what I previously said.

Rm isn't getting removed lol

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
7 minutes ago, Taur said:

There is a reason, read the post
All our jobs are the same

Come up with another idea then, this is not the way. If I remember correctly there was a different suggestion for hazard people were open to, that was bundled with a model change. Take that idea as it makes sense.

Edited by Carter
3 hours ago, Taur said:

+1
All RM jobs are the EXACT SAME (except for surgeon, it has a diffent model) This causes people to not be interested in branches and so it KILLS branches

WrItIng In A bIgGeR fOnT dOeSnT gEt YoUr PoInT aCrOsS aNy BeTtEr

• Agree 9
6 minutes ago, Carter said:

Come up with another idea then, this is not the way. If I remember correctly there was a different suggestion for hazard people were open to, that was bundled with a model change. Take that idea as it makes sense.

What do you suggest? There were a lot of Suggestions about HZT that made sense, just like this one, Its a hazard trooper, they deal with hazard situations, infected clones, etc.
What would be better then shields and restraints?

• Agree 1
49 minutes ago, Carter said:

-1 literally no reason for the hazard troopers to have shields, also giving anyone else elastic restraints sounds like a terrible idea.

Yo RM chill on the necro -1 on anyone who disagrees with you. Carter has a good point, no reason RM should be getting both a shield and restraints.

• Agree 1
58 minutes ago, Taur said:

There is a reason, read the post
All our jobs are the same

DU's jobs are all the same too but I keep making suggestions anyways even though I know that most of them will not be accepted.

RM is in the same boat as DU lore wise so we just have to keep trying stuff till it sticks.

50 minutes ago, Taur said:

What do you suggest? There were a lot of Suggestions about HZT that made sense, just like this one, Its a hazard trooper, they deal with hazard situations, infected clones, etc.
What would be better then shields and restraints?

gWEbh9W.png

This seemed to have some positive feedback to it

-1 for the reason that you are necro -1'ing everyone who -1s and also DU is the shield people not Republic Medics. Also, you guys do not need Elastic Restraints call CG, TG, or SC if you really need someone tied up. @Zodiac

Edited by J.Jefferson
  • Agree 4

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Temple Guard Manager/Cin
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster
Banned

+1

2 minutes ago, Taur said:

Its not just a medic, its a hazard trooper

Well first off it shouldn't have a shield as that's DU thing. And having restraints is just stupid get CG or SC to do that. So if it was to have neither of those, it would just be a medic. No point in it 

Not a Medal of Valour recipient 

If you need shields call DU/CG, aswell as the restraints, call CG. 

You join medics to be medics, having the title of hazard trooper makes you a hazard professional and you should state that when handling things the Hazard troopers would do. Remember, RM have authority over Medbay, if people don't like that they can be the grumpy grumps then because you can of course, call CG.

I understand that you want to have unique things for each class but by having these it would make CG/DU less special is what they do. DU is specialized for their shields, CG is special for their speed boost and hand restraints (and the riot trooper of course has a shield). 

Also for the passive RP aspect, the hazard trooper calling CG/DU to handle these situations would promote passive RP with people outside of just the RM, of course don't be a minge about the passive RP though, and if DU or CG is being a minge about the passive RP bit then you can report it to a CO.

• Agree 1
7 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

If you need shields call DU/CG, aswell as the restraints, call CG. 

You join medics to be medics, having the title of hazard trooper makes you a hazard professional and you should state that when handling things the Hazard troopers would do. Remember, RM have authority over Medbay, if people don't like that they can be the grumpy grumps then because you can of course, call CG.

I understand that you want to have unique things for each class but by having these it would make CG/DU less special is what they do. DU is specialized for their shields, CG is special for their speed boost and hand restraints (and the riot trooper of course has a shield). 

Also for the passive RP aspect, the hazard trooper calling CG/DU to handle these situations would promote passive RP with people outside of just the RM, of course don't be a minge about the passive RP though, and if DU or CG is being a minge about the passive RP bit then you can report it to a CO.

It changed. RM don’t have full authority of medbay anymore. All medic whitelist have authority over medbay.

Edited by Arroyo
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, Carter said:

DU's jobs are all the same too but I keep making suggestions anyways even though I know that most of them will not be accepted.

RM is in the same boat as DU lore wise so we just have to keep trying stuff till it sticks.

gWEbh9W.png

This seemed to have some positive feedback to it

So, shields are a no, but flamethrowers are fine?
Fine for me

• Disagree 1
18 minutes ago, Taur said:

So, shields are a no, but flamethrowers are fine?
Fine for me

Its all in context my man, Why would a Medical Hazard trooper need a shield that can't possibly be used to contain an infection (Airborne, fluid etc) 

While a purely RP flame thrower makes sense.

5 hours ago, Taur said:

Its not just a medic, its a hazard trooper

The thing is, all medics can deal with quarantine. We are trained for it. It’s in the document. It’s also in the doc to call CG for anything in quarantine, it’s rp reasons. MORE RP= Better 

LESS=BAD

It is for an incentive, the restraints wouldn't be for arresting someone lmfao? It'd be heavily restricted, same with the shields, to contain Hazmat situations. We would have rules in place to stop any minging and/or abuse of the items.

+1, a military would have medical personal especially trained to contain (the shield part) and restrain (electric restraint part) dangerous or infected personael. The members of a group like this would have to be highly trained and mature as minging and misuse could easily happen. Overall I think this would give more incentive to join RM and would allow RM to act more independently in medbay and not stretch CG and DU reasources thin.

• Agree 1