Obvious but going to be stated.

17 minutes ago, WaterMelonWolf said:

Regarding drama and hate on the forums, NO ONE on the server can give honest feed back without a wall of hate. This is starting to become a serious issue, The point of voting and giving opinions on the forums is for the directors to see what the community has to say.  Opinions and statements shouldn't be slammed with hate if its an honest opinion, If someone makes an honest opinion and thought i get slammed with hate, Causing the person to instead of talking they agree with the majority in fear of the negative feed back. Its getting to the point where the the forums need to removed the up and down votes just so we can speak freely. Let others speak their minds accept the feedback, when someone gives feedback on a post wanting -1 or +1's they do it for the FEEDBACK so they know how to improve on actions and what they should do to improve. The drama on the server is getting to much and is at this point becoming, let others give their feed back dont agree with it move on. 

Just going to put my two cents on this.

I only use the Downvote system to downvote useless posts that aren't needed and just stir up more shit.(Rarely upvote unless its like a meme)

The point of the Up-vote and down vote is, as it is on most sites, meant to be a thing in which people disagree or agree with your opinion. If you make a post be ready to get backlash. There will always be backlash, let it be minority or majority. So if you get a massive amount of downvotes, guess what people disagree with your opinion, are we telling you to change it? No. When you make a post be ready to be welcomed to the real world, where people dont always agree with you.

By down-voting a post you are telling the directors you disagree with that post. So You are right "forums is for the directors to see what the community has to say.". When a post has a massive amount of down-votes it tells them that the post is a widely disagreed opinion.

Like shoot this post was made majorily because of the "Nightmare Grandmaster Application.". On their you -1 on a thing with a majority +1's, so you already had your mind set. So to say that "Causing the person to instead of talking they agree with the majority in fear of the negative feed back." is a lie. Such a example is the Gene application. It started out with a majority +1, then the minority of -1 came in. Did they change their minds when they initially got negative feed back? Nope.

Edited by Duck
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, Duck said:

Just going to put my two cents on this.

I only use the Downvote system to downvote useless posts that aren't needed and just stir up more shit.(Rarely upvote unless its like a meme)

The point of the Up-vote and down vote is, as it is on most sites, meant to be a thing in which people disagree or agree with your opinion. If you make a post be ready to get backlash. There will always be backlash, let it be minority or majority. So if you get a massive amount of downvotes, guess what people disagree with your opinion, are we telling you to change it? No. When you make a post be ready to be welcomed to the real world, where people dont always agree with you. Like shoot this post was made majorily because of the "Nightmare Grandmaster Application.". On their you -1 on a thing with a majority +1's, so you already had your mind set. So to say that "Causing the person to instead of talking they agree with the majority in fear of the negative feed back." is a lie. Such a example is the Gene application. It started out with a majority +1, then the minority of -1 came in. Did they change their minds when they initially got negative feed back? Nope.

By down-voting a post you are telling the directors you disagree with that post. So You are right "forums is for the directors to see what the community has to say.". When a post has a massive amount of down-votes it tells them that the post is a widely disagreed opinion.

Like stated before, not only the upvotes and downvote.

• Agree 2

You think removing 10 lines of code will fix this? It fucking won't. If people don't like someones opinion they can/will voice it. I certainly do. You cannot silence people. Want to know what happens if people get silenced? They rebel and speak louder. This has been happening for millennia. 

My 2 cents on this. Bye.

• Agree 5

WAS MEDIC

Just now, WaterMelonWolf said:

Like stated before, not only the upvotes and downvote.

I do believe I covered slightly both. This applies to post. Unless the person is outright flaming you, then be ready to have someone argue with you. Someone hitting quote on your post then going in on each point is not "toxic". What I mainly see is people instead arguing with each bringing up their own points. Which in my opinion is beneficial more than it is negative. As these points brought up in the argument have the chance to change the opinion of many.

Rarely do I see someone outright flame someone for their opinion, if they do they often get banned fast on the forums. Ex:Panda(If anyone heard about that.)

• Agree 1
8 minutes ago, ASVO said:

It’s the internet it happens get thicker skin people are mean sometimes we are human people will always disagree no matter what. Just my opinion on the matter 

But ASVO, their is a difference between people disagreeing with people, then there's people who are actual retarded failed abortions.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Stahl said:

But ASVO, their is a difference between people disagreeing with people, then there's people are actual retarded failed abortions.

And did you not read my post? People who call someone "actualy retarded failed abortions" on the forums will get banned really fast. Panda lasted a 3 good minutes when he outright disrespected jayarr on his application.

• Disagree 1
5 minutes ago, Stahl said:

But ASVO, their is a difference between people disagreeing with people, then there's people who are actual retarded failed abortions.

If you want to engage in rational discussion and have people treat you seriously beyond downvoting you, chances are you shouldn't call them 'retarded failed abortions' and flame them.

As people have already said, it's fictional points on the internet, and the only thing it's good for is 'e-peen' (which chances are, e-peen is already a dead meme).

Better to have people do angry mass downvotes than to have people regurgitate the same opinion over and over again, and the way I see it I'd probably rather have applications be solely on the +1/-1 system on the votes and have any sort of meaningful +1/-1 which adds some debate/substance to why a person should/shouldn't be staff/commander/a role etc.

6 hours ago, Faoeoa said:

Better to have people do angry mass downvotes than to have people regurgitate the same opinion over and over again, and the way I see it I'd probably rather have applications be solely on the +1/-1 system on the votes and have any sort of meaningful +1/-1 which adds some debate/substance to why a person should/shouldn't be staff/commander/a role etc.

Couldnt agree more.

• Agree 3

You always need to opinions to a matter, one being good whereas the other argues against it, having the +1 -1 system is great, sometimes its used just because someone dislikes someone else or an idea but overall its a small icon which grants you a little point towards reputation, people aren't gonna judge overall a amount of rep on a forums.

• Agree 1