Event server

Question: What's up with the event server? 

Comments/Concerns: I've noticed that we just change main server map instead of using event server, and imo events are definitely suffering from it, we used to use event server freely and I I recall event's being way better and thought out due to being able to set up and plan it.

Staff Member you're asking: Any high staff ig

Additional info:

unknown.png

I'm not high staff, but they don't use event server very often due to not wanting to sacrifice pop on main, they've said event server will come back eventually, I believe it is once we reach an average of 70+ players on main.

• Informative 1

Future Adult!

• Founder
Founder

A lot of it comes down to Garry's Mod declining in population. It makes it harder and harder to justify using the event server. You'll notice during NA prime time only the top 3 servers can break 100 players, and those 3 servers generally attract a large majority of new players. 

If you take a look at the other bigger servers who do deployments similar to how we use to do them, they've significantly lost a lot of their population because they can't maintain being at the top of the listings while doing a ES deployments. With that being said, if you look their stats are trending downward, and they're losing tons of players.

We're one of the very few servers who are trending upwards with players. To make sure we have a healthy community, we've had to pivot how we do deployments unfortunately. We're striving every day to improve the quality of events, but we're working off an engine that was made in the early 2000s.

For clarification if we're over a certain player threshold, VA+ are allowed to do a deployment to ES, but it must coordinate with a main deployment. 

• Informative 1
Forum Admin

Question Answered

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3