Justice For Pilots

Butter

So Recently I have seen an Influx of people interested in becoming Pilots for the Server and its really sad that the utilization for a pilot is almost non existent. I cant tell you how many times I wanted to Transport a Platoon sized element of trooper all to be shut down by a GM who says "nO vEhIcHlEs FoR tHiS eVeNt". It defeats the purpose to even be Support in the first place. It makes it unfun for Players who enjoy the server and love piloting things as well. As a player of Both Gmod and Arma I can say Arma Groups have an outstanding Pilot Corps that literally is the life and death of the troops. In Gmod pilots are made fun of laughed at and looked down upon because this whole "Anyones a Pilot if they are trained" vs "He has dedicated his Literal job to be a pilot. Maybe we should let him do his job" Yes certain server rules are in play for a major influx of player but with our current server box if we get the required amount of people to make it pilot jobs only the server will be running like an old slideshow movie thus pilots wont be able to fly anything without crashing. I am Making this post to hear what the community has to say and try and gather support to make a server suggestion about Pilots Roles in the future.

Former 327th Former DU Officer x2 Former 501st TC Last ATKO Former Blackout and Shortest JetFormer 41st GCD Cooker Former CIS Droideka Former 104th Wolpack Lead Warthog 212th GC Jedi Knight Siri Tachi 

"Certified Clover Crew Member"-Lucky IKEA Squad 2019-Omalic

• Director
Director
24 minutes ago, Butter said:

shut down by a GM who says "nO vEhIcHlEs FoR tHiS eVeNt". 

I mean it is mainly because the GM has a dupe were they don't want to be skipped. Also the lag could be quite a lot if we have people on and already got a big dupe down and all this can change the course of the event if it will be a laggy event if it will be a short or long event. 

• Agree 1

Bring back event server because all pilots thrive on it. They could have epic space battles while ground forces pushes the Objectives. Wish the Y-Wing worked so they can drop bombs on objectives 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

• 3 weeks later...

I guarantee 90% of the time the reason is for lag, if I host an even under 50 pop I let pilots do their thing. I even spawn in ai vultures so they can actually shoot something. But almost anything after 50 pop is just unplayable when you have pilots in the skies. I give a LAAT and they hover over these and just fire rocket after rocket. 

• Agree 1