Find Da Fooood

Drone

Name: Drone 

Who helped (If applicable): STEAM_0:0:168633446 (Monty) STEAM_0:1:39982540 (Midnight) STEAM_0:0:88765992 (jake), STEAM_0:1:417695484 (Wolfe)

Link to Event/Encounter Document (optional): N/A

Description of event/encounter (required if no document provided): The [501st, 212th, 104th, 41st] Where Sent To A World To Recover Some Missing Release Supply's... Due To Missed Information The GAR Did The Following:
1. Blew Up The Supply's With C4
2. Found At Tried To Power On A Disconnected Screen And See Something
3. Breaking Into A Natives Cave And Destroying There Only Computer

4. Destroyed The Third Part Of A Heavy Comms Computer Looking For Food
5. Died Of Hunger

Did any Bounty Hunters Participate: N/A

Please rate using this scale

unknown.png

Please Rate 1-5 on each of the below categories (5 being perfect, 1 being horrible)

Gameplay:

Care and Effort:

Server Performance:

Edited by Drone

3/2/5
The biggest issue is inproper use of the map. This map is difficult for a "go find this item" type event, which is what this felt like. It was hard to follow where to go, because this map has so many inate nooks and crannies in it the players fall down one and get lost and then they walk away 15 minutes later having not progressed the story at all. This is a fallout surival map and lends itself better to survival storylines, not ones that are "find item, bring it home". Next time i'd use a more streamlined map, Or edit this map to make it more streamlined. Block off some of the dead ends that players fall into to make it a bit easier to progress the story by reducing wasted time.

spacer.pngspacer.png

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

3/2/5
The biggest issue is inproper use of the map. This map is difficult for a "go find this item" type event, which is what this felt like. It was hard to follow where to go, because this map has so many inate nooks and crannies in it the players fall down one and get lost and then they walk away 15 minutes later having not progressed the story at all. This is a fallout surival map and lends itself better to survival storylines, not ones that are "find item, bring it home". Next time i'd use a more streamlined map, Or edit this map to make it more streamlined. Block off some of the dead ends that players fall into to make it a bit easier to progress the story by reducing wasted time.

Yeah I just agree with this, rating and all, I'll just add onto it ever so slightly. Definitely not the map for the angle that it was going for lore wise, an abandoned Venator or some other ship might have been a better idea, just something a little more controlled. So I'm told, lore "items" and "structures / consoles" were being used and people were attempting to interact with them, only to be told that they "weren't relevant" i.e the pod of food Hawk blew up (supposedly got no answer ooc or irp). Definitely could have been more engaging, but again I believe that was just a map issue. The storyline was difficult to convey to me at least as, for the most part, I had no idea what was happening. The best lore out of the event I got was interacting with the villagers, honestly the highlight of the RP I was able to do aside from recon as ARF. Great idea, just not the best execution, hope this helps.

2/2/4
Gameplay was not great, in the beginning it was just go find the supplies. We didn't know what the supplies looked like or any general idea of where it was, this made it for most of the event we were just walking around an empty map. When we did find things of interest and tried to do some roleplay to find more information on it, we were shut down and not given any information of use. The only thing that was remotely fun was the interaction with the lady and her kid. But even then there really wasn't much to go from with it and again the reluctance to give us essential information added to our failure. For the most part of the event the only fighting we had was against droid gunships that had a little bit too much shield health.

There did not seem to be too much care put into this, the DB felt very rushed and the DB itself told us very little useful information and at some points complete misinformation (we were told there were not going to be civies, due to the devastation to the area, but the whole mission in the first place was deliver supplies to civilians). Interactions between the players and the people in charge made it so whenever we asked questions about what we were looking at we got responses that withheld any information that was actually useful to us (We found a computer on the roof of a building but all we were told about it was that it was a part of something. We were not allowed to find out what it was for no matter what we did, and only by the end of the event did we find out that for some reason that computer was a part of a network that was supposed to be used for us to call for help.) Aside from that the worst part of the event for me was the droid spawning. Several times droids came out of nowhere just to be spawned almost on top of people causing several people to lose their limited amount of lives in an way that wasn't very fun.

Server performance was good for the most part but for majority of the event there was significant frame drops despite not much happening.

Overall the idea of this event was good, all it needed was just a little bit more information for the players to work with. Knowing what the supplies looked like, and being able to find out what the computers did, would have easily turned this event up to at least a 4/4/4 for me. That and an improved droid spawning and more involved combat could push the gameplay and care to a 5. I feel you could easily try this event again, maybe on a different map, and with these suggestions in mind you could easily make the event great.