Please add the weight tool already

Brian-Limmon

Name: Brian Limmond

RP Rank: MSG

Suggestion: Add the weight tool

Implementation: Since this was denied before only due to the perception that it just wouldn't be used beyond a couple weeks and that there isn't any interest in it, the very existence of this suggestion should go a bit to probe otherwise lol, I keep finding myself constantly in situations on the server where I need to use the weight tool, every single time I try to weld any prop to a vehicle or unfreeze it to fall or be picked up by players, its default weight is rarely compatible with my intentions. Please just add this very basic tool already, it's hardly going to significantly add to the already really cluttered insanely long list of useless tools we have on the server and would easily rank above half of them in terms of utility.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=586675254

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

• Retired Founder
12 hours ago, Brian-Limmon said:

every single time I try to weld any prop to a vehicle

First of all you shouldn't be doing this due to the issues it can cause server side and can actually crash the server...

12 hours ago, Brian-Limmon said:

the already really cluttered insanely long list of useless tools we have on the server

These tools you're referencing are pretty much all base garry's mod tools that we can't exactly get rid of.

10 minutes ago, Forseen said:

First of all you shouldn't be doing this due to the issues it can cause server side and can actually crash the server...

I wasn't aware there were any? Unless you are talking about with collisions in which case I always notarget said props otherwise they just wouldn't work, and regardless of whether or not the long list of tools can be fixed it's still not like adding this one, very useful tool is going to make any significantly worse difference to said list

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Disagree 1