Suggestion, DISREGARD, CAN'T DELETE POSTS

Mavelle

Name: Mavelle

RP Rank: Warrant Officer in 212th

Suggestion: I suggest we add this LFS vehicle, the K79-S80 vehicle. It effects the netgraph minimally and is not too complex of the vehicle. However, its uses are wide, and could function as a very interesting vehicle for patrols, be it for recon battalions or others. The vehicle is aesthetically fitting with the rest of our vehicles, (I.E. The loader, skiff, BARC, etc.). Furthermore, it is an LFS vehicle, fitting in with our current vehicle system. 

Implementation: The vehicle would be easy to implement; it would require no additional rules regarding its use,  however there is another vehicle included in the workshop page, the AT-Hauler. It is important to mention I do not suggest we allow the AT-hauler, as its position in lore is much less believable. An easy way to circumvent this issue would be to either simply disallow the spawning of the Hauler (Like the AT-RT right now), or even not whitelisting it, keeping it from being spawned by anybody. I do not believe a certification should be needed for such a vehicle, for the same reason that Loaders don't require a certification. Its controls are not complex nor dangerous for new drivers. For the purpose of aENG vehicle repair, if there are components needed, it would function almost exactly like a Loader, but with the addition of standard ion-cannons and door mechanisms.

Lore: This vehicle functioned as a recon troop transport. It has an incredibly simple, pillbox design. It hovers off of the ground like most other vehicles in Star Wars, and legitimately exists in the Star Wars universe. Therefore, immersion would not be broken by this very simple, yet effective vehicle. If people have a problem with its gray color, they could very easily color or material the vehicle to suit their needs. In short, even if the era is about 2 years off, the design is incredibly simple and thus it is entirely feasible that the design was not unique to the early empire

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2271970848
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

P.S. I highly recommend any Founders looking into this suggestion download this addon and try the vehicle in singleplayer to get a hold on what I mean by all of the statements above. I think this vehicle could provide a bit more immersion for patrols and events such as those, and promote roleplaying even after that. 

Edited by Mavelle

Broooo that's literally insane brooo

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

• Management
Management

These are imperial age vehicles

The K79-S80 Imperial Troop Transport (ITT)

Edited by Marvel
  • Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

52 minutes ago, Marvel said:

These are imperial age vehicles

The K79-S80 Imperial Troop Transport (ITT)

Thank you for the feedback! However, I argued that the design is so simple and easy to come up with that it is very feasible that the republic could have used vehicles very similar to these. Their pillbox design shape is very common for transport vehicles inside bases. The general shape of vehicles such as this can be found on republic vehicles such as Pummels, HAVw Juggernauts (Models 5 or 6), or shuttles like the one Valorum used. Again, the issue of coloring can be brought up- and the distinctive grey coloring of the vehicle is not its only option: There is a "skin" under the context menu which is a paintjob for the Transport with sports a fancy red and blue striped finish, much more suited to the Republic.

Edited by Mavelle

I agree with marvel on this point, It is used in the empire. A more accurate transport vehicle would be the UT-AT which I believe is still being fixed (unless there has been on update on that situation that I haven't seen). Now if you could find a pack for an  AT-OT (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Open_Transport), that would be cool (of course it was used on felucia by the 327th sooooooooooooooo).

If it helps it looks cool and I do like the idea, It's just that the vehicle is the wrong era. Also the shape of vehicles is a good point, but the juggernauts aren't repulsorlift style vehicles, so the only similarity is that they are bulky/squareish. Sorry -1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

4 hours ago, Willyworm1 said:

I agree with marvel on this point, It is used in the empire. A more accurate transport vehicle would be the UT-AT which I believe is still being fixed (unless there has been on update on that situation that I haven't seen). Now if you could find a pack for an  AT-OT (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Open_Transport), that would be cool (of course it was used on felucia by the 327th sooooooooooooooo).

If it helps it looks cool and I do like the idea, It's just that the vehicle is the wrong era. Also the shape of vehicles is a good point, but the juggernauts aren't repulsorlift style vehicles, so the only similarity is that they are bulky/squareish. Sorry -1

Understandable! I'll definitely look into that AT-OT. You make some good points! Perhaps I'll have to alter the suggestion if I find one, or just scrap this ol' boy.

Just now, Mavelle said:

Understandable! I'll definitely look into that AT-OT. You make some good points! Perhaps I'll have to alter the suggestion if I find one, or just scrap this ol' boy.

Alright, So, I've found a vehicle that most likely would suit the same purpose but has no specific star-wars era. Do you reckon I could just alter this suggestion, or maybe just delete the post?

• Friendly 1

3 hours ago, Mavelle said:

Alright, So, I've found a vehicle that most likely would suit the same purpose but has no specific star-wars era. Do you reckon I could just alter this suggestion, or maybe just delete the post?

I'd make a new post to prevent confusion and to have a higher chance of it passing

Former:

Jedi Youngling