Events and Naval

TTRaven

Events: So I get that making an event isn’t easy and all that.. but I find it annoying that tons of events happen on the event server for specific battalions while everyone else has nothing to do for an hour or 2... so it would be nice that people would plan it one on the event server and on the main server... cuz it sucks my naval and CG have no events to do...

Naval: I want to talk to someone about it, but I want to know why naval can’t command clones around, because earlier today Comics has to do stuff in ATC but Fox won’t let him go because there might be things out there... and it lowers most things that naval can do, bunk checks sense it HAS to be optional and we can’t command clones around it goes down the drain, so it just lowers SO much that the Naval can do....

• Coordinator
Coordinator
On 10/14/2017 at 0:55 PM, TTRaven said:

Events: So I get that making an event isn’t easy and all that.. but I find it annoying that tons of events happen on the event server for specific battalions while everyone else has nothing to do for an hour or 2... so it would be nice that people would plan it one on the event server and on the main server... cuz it sucks my naval and CG have no events to do...

From a game masters POV real quick We hate bringing only certain battlaions thats why like jackson and I have certain battlaions do a part then move back and bring more but if you were there that one day we cant really bring all battalions and do as much, The server is barely able to handle droids and ships with 3-5 batts But if we bring the whole server it wouldnt hold much more than 1 or 2 droids

1 hour ago, woeny23 said:

From a game masters POV real quick We hate bringing only certain battlaions thats why like jackson and I have certain battlaions do a part then move back and bring more but if you were there that one day we cant really bring all battalions and do as much, The server is barely able to handle droids and ships with 3-5 batts But if we bring the whole server it wouldnt hold much more than 1 or 2 droids

I understand that, and I'm not saying always bring all battalions what im saying is that if your gonna only bring specific battalions, ESPCIALLY if its only 2 or 3, then just do something on the main server at least because there has been multiple days where I havnt been in an event because only specific battalions had the event server and nothing happened on the main server.

• Coordinator
Coordinator
Just now, TTRaven said:

I understand that, and I'm not saying always bring all battalions what im saying is that if your gonna only bring specific battalions, ESPCIALLY if its only 2 or 3, then just do something on the main server at least because there has been multiple days where I havnt been in an event because only specific battalions had the event server and nothing happened on the main server.

Well then whats the point of the event server cause were not gonna be able to bring all batts

I agree with Raven, now that naval can't command anymore there just seems to be a gap in the system. There's no point for Bunk checks unless they are mandatory. No one going to go to boring old bunk checks if it optional. We just totally lose the point of RP that strives the naval to be different from others. As naval we are supposed to be great at RP and to bring the whole server to replicate what it would have been like in the clone wars. I mean, isn't that why everyone is on this server? To recreate The Clone Wars of course! I just think that as Naval we should be able to command people to do RP within our branch/boundaries. Like to call mandatory bunks checks, or to call mandatory Gun checks in the armory, or to call certain battalions down to the med bay for mandatory checkups on all their troopers, but it wouldn't be every damn moment of each day, we would just sprinkle these little RP sessions in there sometimes so everyone can feel the RP without there being an event or anything else. It's not like naval would command anyone about something that's not in our damn boundaries we get that, but on the other hand, we should be able to command certain things in our boundaries/branch. That's all I have to say on the matter, I don't mean to offend anyone or any staff members. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION NOT A STATEMENT!

~Esitt

6 hours ago, Esitt said:

We just totally lose the point of RP that strives the naval to be different from others. As naval we are supposed to be great at RP and to bring the whole server to replicate what it would have been like in the clone wars.

I don't really see bunk checks or checkups in the medbay as something that medics or CG can't do, it isn't really making naval any different from the rest of the clones just to do the same thing that they can do. The only different type of RP I can see from naval is weapon & armor inspections that are rarely done. Finally, on your last point, Naval didn't give orders to clones, in multiple episodes you can see soldiers on a venator where a commander will give their men orders, not a naval. For example, look at Gree when his venator is attacked because of the precense of a high ranking separatist. Naval never gave his men orders to battlestations, that was him, Gree.

6 hours ago, Esitt said:

Like to call mandatory bunks checks, or to call mandatory Gun checks in the armory, or to call certain battalions down to the med bay for mandatory checkups on all their troopers, but it wouldn't be every damn moment of each day, we would just sprinkle these little RP sessions in there sometimes so everyone can feel the RP without there being an event or anything else.

Why not just call optional ones, periodically throughout the day and talk to commanders about having their men do checkups instead of straight up saying "you have to be here." Because I can say for sure, making things mandatory like that only makes the rest of the server have less fun because they could be training, fighting in the citadel, doing tryouts, etc, and you are forcing them to come.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:04 AM, Zomb said:

Why not just call optional ones, periodically throughout the day and talk to commanders about having their men do checkups instead of straight up saying "you have to be here." Because I can say for sure, making things mandatory like that only makes the rest of the server have less fun because they could be training, fighting in the citadel, doing tryouts, etc, and you are forcing them to come.

The problem is, if I call optional bunk checks, whos ACTUALLY gonna go to it, because people always complain that they take to long, so theyll just leave and then it just ruins QM's purpose, like they have very little they can do already, getting rid of that just makes them useless...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 11:44 AM, ccmonty said:

I mean other game makers try to include as many batts as possible but 1 way to get include is not complain if u aren't called at first

I will always complain when 327th isn't invited. Regardless of reason, logic, or threatened punishment.