Contradiction in the rules

I was browsing through the rules, and I noticed a contradiction regarding senatorial rights over commanding battalions.

In one part, the rules say the following:

3.5.1.d) Senators may host meetings, simulations, trainings, or other types of gatherings with mandatory participation, however they may not order any sort of punishment training.

But another part says:

3.1.n) Senators may not command military personnel.

I would constitute "holding mandatory sims" as being within the reign of commanding military personnel/

So does the 3.5.1.d rule overrule the 3.1.n, or is this simply an oversight by the people who made the doc?

PS: sorry to whoever the hell padme is, you may have been right

Also: It's really had to copy and paste stuff from the rules

Edited by Eduji
  • Agree 1

I believe by "Command" they mean in times of war, that is the job of the BCMD. During times of war the Senate is commanded by CG/ST to safety.

3.5.1.d refers to basically the Senate being able to test or see the performance of their investment, as Troopers are basically property of the Senate/Republic.

13 minutes ago, Zyner said:

I believe by "Command" they mean in times of war, that is the job of the BCMD. During times of war the Senate is commanded by CG/ST to safety.

3.5.1.d refers to basically the Senate being able to test or see the performance of their investment, as Troopers are basically property of the Senate/Republic.

But 3.1.n is under General Roleplay rules, not combat situation permissions or anything

Fixed. The original rule was 3.1.n being "Senators may not command military personnel" as a blanket rule, however we then made it more specific on the Senators permissions related to Defcon 6 versus during a combat situation. I forgot to remove 3.1.n from the "Roleplay - General" section, so yes it was an oversight.

5 hours ago, Eduji said:

Also: It's really had to copy and paste stuff from the rules

I do not have issues copy pasting from the document, I do it all the time. When you paste the text in just click "Remove formatting" at the bottom of the text box.

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, Billiam Clinton said:

I do not have issues copy pasting from the document, I do it all the time. When you paste the text in just click "Remove formatting" at the bottom of the text box.

He means that options to download, print, and copy have been disabled on the document. So whenever we have to bring up rules we have to write them down off the doc instead of copy/paste.

Just now, Zyner said:

He means that options to download, print, and copy have been disabled on the document. So whenever we have to bring up rules we have to write them down off the doc instead of copy/paste.

Oh, I didn't even think about the fact that because you all only have view access you can't even copy-paste. Well, unfortunately that setting is not going to change to help prevent people from copying our rules. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.