Remove skill points

Matt-Matthos

Name: Matt 

RP Rank Master, Commodore, SGT

Suggestion: remove skill points 

Implementation: why do we still have these? Like now that we slashed running speed and health it’s going to be even worse for new comers. It’s not really fair for new comers to grind for money to match up with their fellow comrades. It’s a huge inconvenience and when we do deployments half the time it doesn’t even sync.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Other: if it can’t be removed then at least make it way cheaper 

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

1. Jedi would be way too OP. (Literally 1 shotting everyone)
2. Clones would be way too weak against NPCs. (e5's do 25 damage a hit, and the average droid shoots 3-5 shots per burst, t21's are faster/shoot more and do 50 damage a shot.) No.
3. People would make a fuckton of suggestions to get class buffs which we literally just got RID of that, 300 is good so it keeps everyone equal. (It costs 3 mil to max out your skill points, everyone who averagely plays has at least over 2mil)
4. It would be BORING to be super slow and squishy, like wat.
5. Jetpacking would be near impossible due to fall damage. And when server lag comes into play, that would be a deathwish.
6. I feel like the synching up part is just a pet peeve and shouldnt be mentioned, while it is annoying its not like they 'wont' be transferred. 
7. It gives an alternative to newbies to put money into something BESIDES weapons. 
8. Weapons are stupid strong now so whats the point in making everyone squishy if the weapons will just be even more stupid strong?
9. The last part about the event server synch feels more like a pet peeve than anything and is a technical problem that can be fixed if someone tended to updating it 24/7, but that isnt possible cause people have lives.
(Lol imagine having lives during the coronavirus, we play starwars RP for gods sake):pepeLaugh:

Edited by Scribbles
Just now, Matt_ said:

It’s not really fair for new comers to grind for money to match up with their fellow comrades.

Also this, if you're new and gonna be strong as everyone else, what is to strive for? Rank simulator? 
Points provide a sense of progression, unless someone decides to dump 3 mil into you and max you out form the start, which anyone rarely does unless its an officer trying to beef up a newbie. 

Also people paid IRL money for some skillpoints.
Nah chief.

Edited by Scribbles

If you're suggesting that every player joins the server and just starts with the current max health. armor, and runspeed, I can't get behind that. Like Scribbles says above, there's a sense of progression there. I know that when I first joined the server, getting on and grinding those active hours (my first battalion was Shock and I couldn't AFK) gave me a real sense of accomplishment. The other points he made were all fair too.

To be honest, the only reason I see to remove the skill points system would be the implementation of a complex system wherein you level up stats over time by performing actions. Die a lot? Well, you're more resistant to death! Shoot a lot? Well, you're a bit more accurate, you reload faster! Run a lot? Well, you can run faster, and for longer distances! But nah, gmod isn't Tarkov sadly.