Clones placing hits?

I understand the whole, clones placing hits thing got out of hand really quickly, and of course a suggestion was made to stop it and passed, however I want to get people's thoughts on it, cause I personally thought it was more of a gameplay feature more than anything else, and it's what kept bounty hunters interesting. I was thinking of getting the idea to suggest the DarkRP way of doing it where you'd walk up to an NPC and hit E on them, or hit E on a certain bounty hunter job to set a hit , cept it would cost ludicrous amounts of credits, you wouldn't be a certain rank but for those who spend more time on the server and get credits would be able to pay for one, remember this is a game too, and it would serve another use for credits besides hoarding it for stupidly high weapon amounts.

However what is everyone's thoughts on this?

Edited by Scribbles
  • Agree 1

Tbh, whatever way you look at it, it was really dumb for clones to be able to place hits. The only people that you can really place hits on are other clones, Senators, or Jedi, and it makes zero sense for any of those groups to be placing hits on one another. 

Just now, Foxey said:

Tbh, whatever way you look at it, it was really dumb for clones to be able to place hits. The only people that you can really place hits on are other clones, Senators, or Jedi, and it makes zero sense for any of those groups to be placing hits on one another. 

Well from a lore perspective yes, however from a gameplay perspective it kept things interesting cause it would give people a reason to search for the killer. Not everything has to be a lore reason for things to be accepted, all in all its a game. Let people have fun with stuff. No one really complained about the system, people complained because "this isnt what clones would do in lore", besides, the 3 people that 'can' place hits on clones dont do them or arent filled. Essentially the hit system went down the drain.

Edited by Scribbles

Well I mean, that's sort of where BH went down the drain lol. They're meant to be a neutral third party, but they're the only other faction out there. So you have the Republic placing hits on the Republic, the Bounty Hunters interacting only with the republic, it just didn't work out very well for that reason. 

• Management
Management

It’s literally ape shit retarded. Better not happen again.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Honestly might be worth it making the Bounty Hunter Guild a sort of more neutral Civilians Guild or something, add some merchant and Civilian Jobs (which may be even more fun once Underworld comes out) and allow the citizens to place hits and anyone can have a citizen whitelist.

That'd make more sense and potentially add some legitimately 100% non-hostile roleplay, while keeping the Bounty Hunters as the more supreme rulers of the faction, leaving the Guild Leader in-charge. 

• Agree 1
Just now, Foxey said:

Honestly might be worth it making the Bounty Hunter Guild a sort of more neutral Civilians Guild or something, add some merchant and Civilian Jobs (which may be even more fun once Underworld comes out) and allow the citizens to place hits and anyone can have a citizen whitelist.

That'd make more sense and potentially add some legitimately 100% non-hostile roleplay, while keeping the Bounty Hunters as the more supreme rulers of the faction, leaving the Guild Leader in-charge. 

Theoretically that 'can' be done actually. If someone just hops on the civilian whitelist, but its a VIP thing, but Event jobs 'can' place hits. 

Edited by Scribbles

Well, I sort of mean an entire change to how the faction works- and really how player-driven roleplay on Synergy works in general. Even as just a VIP+ thing, having actual set spawns for civilians and enabling people to run around and just be unaffiliated. It'd have to be moderated somehow obviously, and there'd need to be something for them to do, but I'd say it's definitely an interesting idea to kick around @Scribbles

• Agree 2