Event Server Poll

Recently, I have had a lot of Players who are unhappy with the Current Event Server Rules.

If you don't know, the rule stands as You Can only do 3 events per day on the event server. Many community members have voiced their concerns, so this is just a poll to see what the Entire Community thinks.

http://www.strawpoll.me/14053751

Please do think about this from all perspectives, because i know that people can make Rash Decisions when they are Upset

• Agree 3

+1 Thank you so much halpert for making this push, hearing our voices and making something happen.

Personally, I think 5-10 limited of events per day sounds good. I'm concerned that by having "Unlimited" that we don't give these events enough time to develop, set-up, etc. The result of this will degrade the quality of events and cause more conflicts with organization. Just my 2 cents tho.

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

I agree there should be more events allowed per day, but I'm a bit wary of 'unlimited'.

I also think it would be a good idea to have like a calendar or some sort of planner so people can reserve the server during certain times for training rather than events. (ARC/RC Tryouts/Pilot Training, etc.)

• Agree 1
8 minutes ago, Baxter said:

I agree there should be more events allowed per day, but I'm a bit wary of 'unlimited'.

I also think it would be a good idea to have like a calendar or some sort of planner so people can reserve the server during certain times for training rather than events. (ARC/RC Tryouts/Pilot Training, etc.)

Exactly this. Without the event server, hosting pilot training/tryouts/etc. will be more difficult. 

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

If we were to open the event server to tryouts and training for battalions, it should be a standard map with zones picked out or zone out / blocks setup for each battalion to utilize for themselves.

The event server becoming a training map for battalions server until an event needs to be started, 10min warning to finish up and event jobs/GM starts doing what they need for it.

Just because I am a trooper, I do like the idea of getting off of the ship for a time for other trainings with my battalion.

- Commander Keller / Oxen

I would not say having "unlimited" as this will encourage game makers to not take the time to put effort into their event. By limiting it, it forces game makers to actually make sure their event is planned out perfectly as they are taking up one of the limited amount of events. In my honest opinion I feel as though 5 is probably the perfect number as its not too little and its not too much.

• Agree 1
14 hours ago, Jagger said:

+1 Thank you so much halpert for making this push, hearing our voices and making something happen.

Personally, I think 5-10 limited of events per day sounds good. I'm concerned that by having "Unlimited" that we don't give these events enough time to develop, set-up, etc. The result of this will degrade the quality of events and cause more conflicts with organization. Just my 2 cents tho.

Exactly what I was thinking

Also adding to that, the event server is so cool but if we'll have unlimited events on it I think too many events will happen on the event server at the beginning and we'll just get tired of it and that can cause HUGE issues... That's why I think 5-6 will be a great choice, it's enough and not too many, we can enjoy it but it will last for a long time until we get bored of it. Also, I would still like some on ship events :P

My main concern about the event server is the time rules? Is that a real thing? I heard event server events can only happen at specific times of the day... Not sure if it's true and sorry that I don't know it if it is (I don't read the forums that often...). Basically, as an eastern player (European, kinda) it's gonna be hard for me to play at those specific times. If those can change I would love it.

Overall the event server is amazing and I'm so glad it's here! Thanks for asking for opinions and listening to the community!

Edited by BlackMamba
14 hours ago, Bazoo said:

I agree with Duck, 5 per day is enough, I remember back on icefuse game master never used the event server more then 3 times a day and were getting yelled at because it was not used enough. 5 per day more then enough.

5 per day seems fair

why bother putting a limit if so many people already believe that the game makers wont even do 5 per day, if you leave it unlimited it lets us as the community feel appreciated and respected and allows game makers to do what they need to do WHEN THEIR SCHEDULES ALLOW. After all not every game maker will be able to do events and share their ideas with a limit. Everybody has different hours so it may not be fair to everyone by putting a limit.