Steam is being a cunt

IKE

For some reason any game that is launched from steam crashes my PC as the game is running about 2-5 minutes in.
Ive tried:
Updating driver
Verifying game integrity 
Uninstalling Steam

Anyone know how to solve it?

6 hours ago, Fizzik said:

Only Steam games? Are you saying that non-Steam games work fine? What have you tried? 

Yeah, any non-steam game works fine. I’ve been surviving off minecraft for the past week. I’ve uninstalled steam, verified game integrity and updated my driver.

26 minutes ago, IKE said:

Yeah, any non-steam game works fine. I’ve been surviving off minecraft for the past week. I’ve uninstalled steam, verified game integrity and updated my driver.

What games? 

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

13 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

What games? 

Every game. R6, Gmod, For Honor, Skul: Hero Slayer just to list a few. All were uninstalled when I uninstalled steam but still won’t work after being reinstalled.

8 minutes ago, IKE said:

Every game. R6, Gmod, For Honor, Skul: Hero Slayer just to list a few. All were uninstalled when I uninstalled steam but still won’t work after being reinstalled.

What games work?

What Fizzik said,

It could be either of those or your mobo on deaths door.    @IKE  I need you to tell me if you have noticed anything weird in the past several weeks/days with your PC. 

Edited by Zensras
  • Agree 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

10 hours ago, Zensras said:

What Fizzik said,

It could be either of those or your mobo on deaths door.    @IKE  I need you to tell me if you have noticed anything weird in the past several weeks/days with your PC. 

I think Fizzik might be right with my power supply unit because it has been recently having issues of the power supply unit turning off. I’m just confused about why minecraft is the only thing that works.

18 minutes ago, IKE said:

I think Fizzik might be right with my power supply unit because it has been recently having issues of the power supply unit turning off. I’m just confused about why minecraft is the only thing that works.

Minecraft doesn't pull the same kind of system resources so the strain is different.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, IKE said:

Thanks everyone for helping me, gonna replace the PSU or have it checked out as that seems to be the issue.

Buy quality. You can cheap out on almost everything but your PSU, seriously. If you buy a 50 dollar motherboard but have to get a 100 dollar PSU so be it. Can't go wrong with Seasonic if you need recommendations. 

• Friendly 1

2 hours ago, Fizzik said:

Buy quality. You can cheap out on almost everything but your PSU, seriously. If you buy a 50 dollar motherboard but have to get a 100 dollar PSU so be it. Can't go wrong with Seasonic if you need recommendations. 

Pretty much any gaming rates one would be good.

I got a decent bronze grade for like 70$ CAD from EVGA @IKE