CK2 stories

So. I started off as Jorvik during the viking era (cant remember the exact year, that's not the point tho) I did what any person would do and conquered England. I was a Germanic Pagan (had multiple chances to become catholic but didn't. So I kept doing conquests and subjugations against people near me. This went on until I had all of the countries within the Islands (Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland) And I created the Empire of Britannia.

Fast forward a while. I decided to give the kingdoms to people that like me rather than keep it to myself (except England). So as my vassals. They started conquering land for me, mostly Noregr (Norway), Svipjod (Sweden), West Francia (France) You get the point. I eventually controlled almost all of Scandinavia and France (France gained independence) Then I reformed the germanic religion, that's where the trouble began.

My character was always a powerful warrior (almost all had at least 30 martial and 100 personal combat skill) I formed my own bloodlines through a legendary gathering and through sacrifices to gods. Always had lots of kids and good wives, I had a good armory, everyone liked me (usually, went through a few bad moments) and I was always good on Gold, Prestige and Piety.

My country was powerful to be sure, no one would go to war with me except for peasant revolts. I was free to conquer anything.. Until I got to Germany / Holy Roman Empire. I controlled most of Scandinavia, All of De Jure Britannia. Parts of middle Europe. I even got 116000 score at the end.

Let's talk about the actual end of my lovely play-through, The Pope. As you may know, the pope does not like other religions except for Catholic, so I had him send someone against me a few times, I always won the war, until the crusades began. My empire was the only place where you could find the Germanic religion, Luckily I had formed every single kingdom inside the area so I wasn't helpless.. My country was doing well in the crusade, I was even winning, but of course the crusade was costly and as I had to make some sacrifices to win the war, some people weren't happy. So those people also began revolting (mostly peasant revolts so nothing too bad) It was fine at first, but as I was handling revolts, the pope got more percentage against me, and vice versa. So the wars weren't really going anywhere, UNTIL this dude who had an army of "Name's Host" (Idk what they're called) attacked me. That's when everything started going downhill. I had to split my troops to handle all the wars at once, safe to say that wasn't a good idea. The pope grew stronger towards the end of the war, and with my split troops I couldn't do anything against him. (Note: I still had revolts and the host attacking me) So I started losing the crusade, after that the other wars as well. Those 2 wars alone cost me Germany and England (my strongest kingdom). After that, my country was super weak, and other people started attacking me too. Until eventually I was driven to have nothing but the Kingdom Of Scotland and some counties here and there. This was a good play-through, but it ended at the hands of the pope.

(This play-through was non modded and with default game rules)

Post image

1 minute ago, Alec said:

Post image

I also have a good one about how I reformed the Roman Empire under the Hellenic religion and managed to convert most of the world, but I'll save that for another time

Edited by Kygo

unknown.png