Venator Extensive & its avoidence?

Question: Why is it that we can not go back to Venator Extensive, as the Venator Map?

Comments/Concerns:  I have heard that it relates to "LAG" and Performance issues. I have also heard a rumor when we tried it originally that it was because some Higher Staff did NOT Want a Venator Map at all (but that was when we tried it a good few months ago). And when we were on the map originally it was amazing, Base Ops, Then Naval was decently active. There were working Turbo Lazers which were used very well. You did not NEED to use an elevator to get anywhere. Every Battalion had a Hanger in the MHB to personalize. It was fun, and worked.  | As well I know of the "Armory"/"Ammo" Issue and with that all we need to do it Prop Block it. 

Staff Member you're asking: @highstaff @ Joah  @ Jackson @ Dragon @ Carter @ Sanchez Resident @ traditional

Additional info: Honestly WIPE THE Perma Props on the Map, and Give every battalions 5 Props in there "Bunk" (1 BUNK Per Battalion, 1 for SOBDE. Give Every Battalion 1 HANGER. HC can have the OLD HC area same with Senate and the Naval. It takes Probably 1 Hour Tops to Make the Training Room again, and with Prep can make it in 30 Minutes if you save all of the Text Screens Before Hand.

We are looking for a venator and we already have one. It just needs Wiped

@ Dragon

I have to Disagree with Point 1. It is large but not in that way most people were in MHB or Sim Rooms when we were on it previously. 

Point 2. I see two options: 1] not permitted on venator,  aka would freeze 2] Mercenary s only can be friendly

Point 3, they are not "Confined" they can go around on ship. It's only ment to be on there for a week or two I belave it's a rotaion.

Point 4.

Its ment to make it so we have rotating maps. We are not going to be on the map long. Yes all events can get stale  however sitting forever makes it happen faster.

Edited by Qal
Secondary Questions.
  • Agree 10

So there are 4 main reasons why Extensive/Most Venators don't fit the current server content.

1. Extensive is huge, people rarely saw each other outside of bunks area.

2. The upcoming faction (Bounty Hunters Wink Wink) would not be able to play while on a venator.

3. Jedi would be confined to a small area instead of a temple (for extensive that is), while some are fine with this it does kind of suck.

4. If you think events are stale now, remember events on a venator, ya they are repeat after repeat.