A theory to fix the server?

At the Community Meeting the question of removing Battalions was posed, and Square said that they had no issue with trimming fat if it's what the community wanted and what was best for the server. They did however say that they would most likely remove one at first to see if it had any beneficial effects on the server.

The 187th Event Job Suggestion has been sitting in Pending for awhile. I believe that's a good place to start. Like myself, Dennis, Ron, and several others throughout this 5 page post have stated, there's simply far too many battalions. This isn't an issue that we can let slide into the shadows again. Synergy needs change.

• Agree 2

We don't need to remove batts we can combine them. 91st and Green company 41st and lighting squad. DU-212th 501st-187th.  It seems like a compromise that everyone would like. The hardcores would just join the batt and go into that subunit while the lessers just join diffrent batts. If you really want to remove 212th as a batt add it under 9th assault corps or something? Compromise men please

2 minutes ago, Juan_Cena said:

We don't need to remove batts we can combine them. 91st and Green company 41st and lighting squad. DU-212th 501st-187th.  It seems like a compromise that everyone would like. The hardcores would just join the batt and go into that subunit while the lessers just join diffrent batts. If you really want to remove 212th as a batt add it under 9th assault corps or something? Compromise men please

Interesting, and okay but now my question to you is who do we put in charge of the combined battalions? Each BCMD has been elected into that position because that person worked hard for their battalion. If you ask me I would not feel at all comfortable having another BCMD just railroad me and take over all the systems I have spent over a year creating for DU and smoothing out.

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

2 minutes ago, Trixx said:

Interesting, and okay but now my question to you is who do we put in charge of the combined battalions? Each BCMD has been elected into that position because that person worked hard for their battalion. If you ask me I would not feel at all comfortable having another BCMD just railroad me and take over all the systems I have spent over a year creating for DU and smoothing out.

Probably would work under the same system that GM did with SO when they became 21st

31 minutes ago, Juan_Cena said:

This doesn’t do anything to help the situation, it keeps the extra “fat” around we don’t want to just try to continue to eat it we want to cut it off. The removal if it happens should be based purely on availability of lore and effectiveness/ what benefits they bring the server. 

Simply smashing battalions together won’t work, begin with one and it will send a message to the rest. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

5 minutes ago, Dennis said:

This doesn’t do anything to help the situation, it keeps the extra “fat” around we don’t want to just try to continue to eat it we want to cut it off. The removal if it happens should be based purely on availability of lore and effectiveness/ what benefits they bring the server. 

Simply smashing battalions together won’t work, begin with one and it will send a message to the rest. 

If you limit lets say the 91st and green company thing and limit greencompany to 6 people it will still have fat but will boost numbers overall

• Friendly 1
1 hour ago, Juan_Cena said:

If you limit lets say the 91st and green company thing and limit greencompany to 6 people it will still have fat but will boost numbers overall

I mean from what I can see from my eyes and others on the thread it would be keep 41st due to more lore and what they can bring to the server and if we want to judge activity I would personally say 41st is more active then 91st. You can keep LS but they have one episode and about 3 minutes of lore to my knowledge. But then you run into the variety problem. Look at 21st most you’ll see on one whitelist is 2-3 people there is to much to choose from. That’s why certain things need to small just adding one thing to another won’t help.

• Agree 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic