Goodbye SR

Name: Rancor 1SGT HVOL Dubz [Reserves]

RP Rank: 1SGT 

Suggestion: 

Disclaimer: The point of this post, isn’t to spread hate, the point of this post is to spread awareness, and with how things are currently going, say Goodbye.

When I started playing SWRP back in August, I had about fifty hours on Gmod, which mostly consisted of occasionally getting the urge to play Prop hunt. With the Summer ending, I had just finished going through the worst Summer I had ever experienced, and likely will experience. Within a couple months, I lost most of what I owned, my Home, contact with a lot of people I considered Family, and more. I grew up using Gaming to help with Stress, but even that wasn’t helping. Out of Boredom, and a little bit of Curiosity, I decided to tryout SWRP for the first time, and after some of the worst months of my Life, I proceeded to have some of the best in more Recent years. My Player time went from 50, to a few Hundred.

LN Was my First SWRP Server, and it’s something that I’ll never forget despite where it Lacked in some Areas from time to time. But, when LN Died due to poor choices from the Owner, Synergy opened its Doors for a lot of us, Particularly Rancor. My Time on LN had helped turn me from a Noob to an experienced Player, but my time on SR, is what pushed me past the line from Dedicated to Experienced. However, the Warm Welcome I received, quickly started to feel Colder as time went on.

While I love how the Events are handled on SR, Deployments for Rancor quickly became a Rarity. During my time as Rancor, I was a part of Two Deployments, and while my Schedule is often extremely flexible, at times it felt like Rancor was being skipped, sometimes it felt like we were given a Deployment on our off time just to say that we had one. While I was never a Full GM, I did work hard to become one on LN, not to mention I was pretty close to the Head GM team on LN.

I understand that it takes a lot of time and effort to make an Event, and that nobody can make every Event a Banger, which is why I have a lot of respect and thanks to the people who make Events. However, the GM system, like other aspects of the Server, just isn’t accessible. I could hear Defeat in my GM friends from LN, when they realized that you need to be Staff to be a GM, they left within Days.

Not taking Constructive Criticism was a Norm for a lot of the Higherups on LN, especially the Owner, so while that was a sight for sore eyes, when you’re getting spammed with requests for Constrictive Criticism, it’s easy to not even want to give your thoughts. However, something like that, is a mild annoyance, what happens to Rancor Constantly is often Infuriating.

A Big part of why I joined Rancor, was to improve myself, a lot of the people I respect the most on LN would constantly tell stories of their Era of Rancor on PG, their Previous Home. However, despite everything Rancor does to help, it’s hard not to feel like we’re being met with Resistance whenever we do. It’s even Harder not to feel like Rancor doesn’t constantly have a Hand around it’s Throat on our every attempt.

While this was hard to ignore as your standard Rag tag Trooper, once I took over in the HVO Revision, it was as easy to ignore as someone spitting in your face. With Rancor working best at being Multifaceted, we needed a Vehicle Aspect to the Bat, but every attempt to do so felt like climbing out of Quicksand. After finally getting Piloted Certed after a week of trying, the Pilot Roster was wiped, we nearly had a Pilot Lead, but had to wait longer due to Pilot L’s “Taking Priority”. Now Pilot Cert required another Cert, one we had no Contact for.

Trying to get anywhere with Staff [Used in a General term], felt like a Hand gripping my Throat, and once the Update Rancor had been waiting on came out, the Grip became too much. The Buff we had been waiting on, got a mention, and thankfully, our Rocket Troopers didn’t lose their Rockets.

As much as we like to Joke about it, Rancor isn’t too Overpowered, but it’s a Joke that some take too literal. People play SWRP to have fun, but a lot of people join Rancor to become better Troopers.  I’m not one to Complain, but with the Server at its current state, and the way it handles Rancor, I just can’t enjoy it.

The Standard Trooper doesn’t even have a Sniper, despite being an ARF. Rocket Troopers not having Rockets, was a very real possibility. Rancor does what it can to be the best it can be, however we’re never a Dick about it. While each Bat has its own goals and talents, Rancor is simply be Multifaceted. The ARF that can hop out of a TX, into a LAAT, and Paratroop behind Enemy lines, is someone dedicated enough to learn how to do those very things.

At this rate, it just feels like my Growth on SR is Stunted, and with how things are handled, it’s too difficult to enjoy playing SR to have the mod packs installed. My Original intent was to retire from the Server completely, but I’m on the Reserves just incase the Server changes for the better. But, at this rate, it’s hard not to feel like I won’t be coming back.

I miss making jokes with Mav while firing rockets at CIS Hoards. I miss seeing the 187th run around, being the 187th. I even miss getting yelled out by an Old Lady for Swearing over Comms. I miss a lot of things about Synergy, but I can’t enjoy Synergy the way it is. I know that my feelings over this matter is mutual to some in Rancor, but I don’t know if it’s Mutual to everyone.

For all I know, this is something that is completely unintentional, so I figured it’d be better to say something rather than sit on these feelings and keep quiet. Whether this is, or isn’t the case, I wish you all the best, but at this rate, I think it’s best I say Goodbye.

Implementation: N/A

Lore: N/A

Add or Change:
N/A

Job: N/A

Slots: N/A

Description: N/A

Model:
N/A

Weapons: n/a

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Dubz
  • Funny 1

The hand around throat thing when Rancor tries to stuff impacting batts is because people are resistant to change.

But o7 ma man, I hope life gets better for ya.

• Friendly 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Add or Change:
N/A

Model:
N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 20 hours ago by D

accepted. I think this will work well with the server

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Unfortunate, bud! I wish I could've met ya' but I recently joined this community. Well lad, take care with the life and alternatives! 

"Keep your head high, and your middle finger higher." (I'm only mocking about it. Relax)! 
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you." 

~Thatcher  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 3:48 PM, Kronos Jones said:

Add or Change:
N/A

Model:
N/A

Edited 20 hours ago by D

accepted. I think this will work well with the server

I'll keep an eye on SR, I need an Off time Server